Author Topic: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Night 5. Item Selection.  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Night 5. Item Selection.
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »
So, what to do about item selection? The poll I posted didn't give me a decisive answer. Players were split between two camps. That said, both camps had first come first serve in common. The difference was who should have that right. Of other note was the fact that no one selected they were happy with things as is showing everyone desires a change but no one selected scrap it either indicating that all players still want to see items as a factor.

Therefore, I've decided to make a change after all. Part of me would rather keep things as they are since we've gone this far and the game is getting close to finishing but I would like to see what happens if we tweak it a little bit in case this idea is used again in future games.

Therefore, I've decided to go with first come first serve selection for those who voted in the winning bandwagon. I think one of the biggest sources of frustration for both hosts and players has been the waiting to select a number. I understand the desire for all voters to take part but by keeping it limited to the bandwagoners, it keeps it fair to those who died but didn't get to select items because they didn't follow the crowd on a day vote. It doesn't change the rules on who gets to select, just how they are able to select which I think keeps things fair.

Now, obviously, many players will be unaware of this change at the moment I post the thread. That is why I am going to lock this thread until 9:30 PM EST time. I think this will give all current players a chance to log in by tomorrow and see what has happened and prepare them for when they can select. This way, those that want to do so will have the opportunity to select right away and those that don't care as much can show up later. So, if you want an item, see you at 9:30 PM EST.

Numbers to select:

2. The Perm
7. Claimed by MaryJane
9. Claimed by Sundoulos

Those eligible to select:

The Perm
Sundoulos
MaryJane
Nickmitch
Jrlibrarian
Insanolord

That's all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:58:54 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Night 5. Item Selection.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:31:19 PM »
Alright item selection is open and it is first come first serve from the list above. Get to it!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
Alright anybody up next?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »
Next spot is up for grabs.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »
door number 2 again
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »
Next!
Alexis, she/her/Miss