Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 179721 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2004, 04:51:24 PM »
IGNCube has apparently talked to Capcom directly about this rumor that Resident Evil 4 is no logner exlusive and have confirmed the rumor is false- no need to worry if anyone was.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2004, 12:18:31 AM »
If you havn't played the other Resident Evil Games, then it is likely that you wont know what the hell is going on in RE4, as it talks alot about multiple virus and all this scientific and technical talk that you wont know what it about if you havn't played the other ones.

With that in mind, you also have to ABSORB each diary note so carefully for it to stick into your mind.

Like the simplist diary note in REmake is one that is written by the Keeper as he slowly mutates into a zombie, eating his friends etc...
Now the first time I read this diary... I didn't think much of it... but when other people talk about it... there is so much information behind it.

It mostly explains the first few symptoms of the altered T-Virus and how long it takes for its host to fully react as a zombie.

But if you really want to know the story so far... it is best to read a Resident Evil Sypnosis that is usually in most FAQ & Walkthrough files.
It will give you the main plot of Resident Evil.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »
I always wanted to know why they didn't leave the name of the game as Biohazard.  I mean come on now, which one makes sense and is actually cool, Biohazard or Resident Evil?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2004, 04:32:34 PM »
Because there is/was some crappy heavy metal band with the same name...Lame copyright lawsuits...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2004, 02:55:05 AM »
How about this for the next RE game.......A FPS. So it can compete with Doom 3. I think this would be a great idea. What do you people think of this idea.

Offline CreedDBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2004, 05:32:40 PM »
Check out IGN.com.  Capcom has finally set a bit of a release date for RE4.  Its scheduled to drop in the winter of 2004.  So we are getting RE4 this year!!!  In their roundtable there is also some talk that we may see more of the game in some form by the end of this month.  Bring on the RE4 goodness!!!
The Hunter is among us ...

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2004, 10:33:47 PM »
We've always known that its release was in 2004 from the Official Biohazard Website. It was just a matter of 'when'.
And we also found out that more of RE4 will be talked about at Gamers-Day... which is also where Capcom will announce other upcoming games.

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2004, 11:00:16 AM »
I hope there is a plethra videos for E3 this year.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2004, 03:56:57 PM »
I hope it's actually playable at E3, so we can find out how the game controls and what the camera system is like.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2004, 05:24:40 PM »
A new rumor says that control is now fully 3d...It makes sense really...

Offline ResidentEvil

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2004, 06:29:38 AM »
When they say "winter of 2004," does that mean early 2004 or late 2004?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2004, 06:44:05 AM »
Late, of course...

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2004, 09:19:13 AM »
 I wish it wouuld come out early 2004! Why must Capcom torture me like this!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2004, 01:13:28 PM »
That's part of the horror. Speaking of which, I just got a new key in REmake and I walked into a room with a zombie so a turn to shoot it and then HOLY CRAP I'm aiming at a mirror. Tricksy.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2004, 11:37:51 AM »
Is that the room where you get the jewelery box thingy? I havent played Remake for like two months! I should start a new game on invisible enemy mode.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2004, 02:04:11 PM »
No, that's the hallway where you pickup the Arrowhead.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2004, 04:04:02 PM »
Psssh, the scene where the zombie is hanging off his neck is torturesome, specially when you don't know if it'll attack you or not, so you keep an eye on it at all times.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2004, 04:10:37 PM »
There's a theory going around that your enemies in RE4 will be "Inanimate Objects". That would certainly be interesting, and opens up lots of possibilities. Imagine walking into a room and a doll holding a knife attacks you out of nowhere, or you're walking under a fan and it falls from the roof and BAM you're dead.

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »
They'd have to come up with some really confusing scientific theory to make that work in the game.

Remember, the game revolves around reality, we can't really have dolls running around killing people because that's just tooo unrealstic.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2004, 04:18:04 PM »
Oh it can still be scientificly explained, objects are being possessed by the virus thats floating around (that cloud of fog that you see in the trailer perhaps?)

Maybe a virus floats around from one object to another, dead peoples corpses (zombies) would be one of them.

As for RE being realistic, well it's not neccessarily "realistic", it's just that everything has a scientific explaination.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2004, 05:48:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Oh it can still be scientificly explained, objects are being possessed by the virus thats floating around (that cloud of fog that you see in the trailer perhaps?)

That's what I was thinking...It would explain the creepy knife-wielding dolls and the growling deer head in the trailer, for sure...  

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2004, 04:15:19 AM »
Possesed dolls seems a little more magical than scientific. How could someone bring a nonliving object to life anyways Adleast zombies are from humans.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2004, 05:59:16 AM »
I just went to IGN, and they have sales reccords of all RE games on GCN, and things look promising for RE4, sales I mean.  RE remake, and RE0 both sold about a million copies world wide, but the straight ports of RE2 and RE3 have only sold about 100k copies combined.  Considering the straight ports costed next to nothing to port, I would assume even those were profitable, selling for $40 each.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2004, 04:20:34 PM »
Yeah, that would help Capcom pay for their employees who write the email newsletters.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2004, 12:36:56 AM »
I think resident evil 2 and 3 should have both been on the same disk.