Author Topic: Okami (Capcom to send out replacement box art!)  (Read 110317 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Okami (Capcom to send out replacement box art!)
« Reply #450 on: October 27, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
Weird complaints, you have. I wasn't into the game until about 2/3s of the way through it. So I appreciated the heavy length just not the boss repetition.

Issun was fine, he was funny anytime there was some chick he was going to molest.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
I don't know how can you not be into a game and still be able to stand 20 hours of it.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »
I don't know how can you not be into a game and still be able to stand 20 hours of it.

Because I wasn't feeling the part where it was supposed to be amazing. I felt it was just good, but not great.  It got great around 2/3 of the way.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
Anyone else not receive their replacement covers yet?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
I got mine last Friday, I believe...

So, no help to you there, vudu :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
I got mine last week, but I haven't decided what to do with them.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »
You can send one to me.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2008, 02:37:33 PM »
For you to attractively frame and send back?  Good idea, but why don't you do both?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 01, 2008, 01:49:01 AM »
Oh and I forgot, getting the credits cut sucked and all, but THANK GOD, urgh, I just saw them and almost barfed, japanese love to ruin their awesome stuff with crappy J-pop songs.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
Well I just bought it yesterday and I have to say it's quite amazing.

It reminds of Zelda with a better art style/direction.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Music Saves

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
Got a Wii for Christmas and ran right to get Okami, and this game is amazing!  36 1/2 hours into it, and it's cool to know I'm nowhere near done yet.  I have a question though.  These 99 stray beads you have to find throughout the game, I don't really want to know what you get for finding them all, but does it affect the ending once the game is completed?  I want to find them all, but I don't even think I have 30 yet, and feel I should have more at this point.  Thanks for any info!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
No it does not.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
I'm still bitter that I didn't get my replacement box art......... especially when some people who admittedly only bought the PS2 version got them. They don't even own a Wii and they got them. That's some BULLSH.....

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
I'm still bitter that I didn't get my replacement box art

I didn't get mine either.  No clue why, but I'm mildly upset.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
Burn down Capcom, anyone?

Anyone?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2009, 06:19:08 PM »
If they keep Jill Valentine dead, sure.

Newbie Angela Miller is not an adequate replacement... especially after she took off all that riot gear and it became abundantly clear that she was created and introduced in Degeneration just to have a large rack.

/rant

I really need to get back into Okami. I'm still at the second save.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
Maybe Capcom knows that you've only barely started the game... >=\

(But seriously, you could attempt to contact them about it...If you haven't gotten it by now then it's probably never coming...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »
I beat Okami a couple weeks ago.  Fantastic game. 

It took me about 3 months to complete (to be fair, my system was gone for 3 weeks when it was repaired by Nintendo).

Total play time:  59 hours, 57 minutes

I completed every side quest (that I know about) and completed everything to as close to 100% as can reasonably be expected (and with almost no help, to boot).  I completed the animal tome, obtained every single collectible and even saved up 2 million yen (w/o selling any treasure!) to purchase brown rage (which was what I felt after learning the move is absolutely worthless).  The only thing I didn't finish was the fish tome--I'm missing 3 entries and I refuse to fish any more.  I probably also missed a few scattered treasures, although I did get at least one of everything.

Minor complaint:  I spent hours collecting those damn stray beads--I got about 85 of them on my own; had to look up the last 15--and for what?  An item I don't get to use unless I want to play again?  I just spent sixth hours playing your damn game!  Why would I want to start over?!

Random thought:  I remember reading on the MTV game blog that according to the Nintendo Channel the average amount of time put into this game is a paltry 19 hours--not nearly enough to complete the game.  Strangely enough, this is the exact time it took me to beat Orochi the first time.  When I returned to Kamiki Village after the battle Issun wouldn't let me leave the village because I hadn't talked to everyone.  I spent over a half hour scrounging around and still couldn't find anyone I missed, but the little bugger wouldn't let me leave.  (Eventually, I got frustrated, looked at a FAQ and discovered I just needed to try again two times in a row and he would finally let me escape.  Boy, was I ticked!)  Did this happen to anyone else?

Anyway, my ultimate point is, I wonder if people thought that either A) the game was over or B) couldn't figure out how to get past this part and gave up.  That could certainly explain why average play time it so short.  It seems like a natural place to stop the game, so it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
In reply to vudu:

I couldn't believe it when I beat Orochi for the first time. It was like I unlocked a second game after I beat the first. There was just something magical about that experience.

I'm guessing you are right though. Most people probably stopped playing at that point, thinking that everything beyond it was gravy, which was probably reinforced by the seeming inability to leave that location.
Check out PixlBit!