Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5 for 360!!!  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Virtua Fighter 5 for 360!!!
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:26:54 AM »
The PS3 just lost yet another exclusive title. SEGA has announced VF5 as a summer release for the PS3. Pay $600 or wait a few months, you decide.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/21/virtua-fighter-5-smacks-ps3-heads-to-360/#comments
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Virtua Fighter 5 for 360!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:44:19 AM »
I didn't think it would stay exclusive, at the current rate things are right now I didn't believe for a second it would've been that profitable to have a game like that on just one system.  Good for Sega, good for 360, bad for PS3.  What's next, FF13?

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 for 360!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 05:44:35 AM »
I actually submited that story to Joystiq =P

Its really bad news for Sony, I'm not much of a Virtua Fighter fan, I perfered playing Tekken in the Arcade and I never got into the series on the console market, I liked DoA & Soul Calibur alot more. But I do know one thing... This is another "Exclusive" Playstaion game that just went Multi-console. =P
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 05:48:03 AM »

Originally posted by: capamerica
I actually submited that story to Joystiq =P

Its really bad news for Sony, I'm not much of a Virtua Fighter fan, I perfered playing Tekken in the Arcade and I never got into the series on the console market, I liked DoA & Soul Calibur alot more. But I do know one thing... This is another "Exclusive" Playstaion game that just went Multi-console. =P

You, me, and several others. I have Joystiq comments about VF5 hitting 360 before they posted the story  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 06:41:54 AM »
Now imagine if they announce it for Wii just 2 months before the X360 version!!
But imagine how crazy it would be to play that game with a wiimote, I'm not sure I have that kind of energy.

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 06:45:46 AM »
I'm excited about this.  We played the hell out of VF 1&2 on the Saturn, and I missed out on the PS2 ones though I heard they were great.

I agree I like Soul Calibur a lot more as a series, (though ever since they took Lizard Man out of it it hasn't been the same.  Lizard Man FTW!) but as far as hand-to-hand fighting games go, this one's hard to top.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 06:58:09 AM »
What, it's not360 exclusive? I thought Sega loves MS?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »
Ever since Sega fired all their programmers and replaced them with cattle, it's no surprise that all they produce is bullsh*t.

Sonic: SR is their LAST strike in my book. Unless it redeems the Sega name, I probably won't ever touch another Sega game.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 10:37:16 AM »
Yeah it seems that SEGA keep messing up their little beloved mascot. I WAS really hoping that THIS Sonic, on XBOX360, would have righted all the wrongs of the past 3D incarnations of same. But I was wrong. Don´t know what is happening to Sonic Team, but to me this sounds like a serious blow to their credibility!

As for Sony losing yet another exclusive is good news indeed. It´s like Dreamcast striking back at Sony from the grave, hopefully forecefully enough to give them some serious karma for their involvement in the death of the beloved little wondermachine from SEGA.  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Gamebasher
As for Sony losing yet another exclusive is good news indeed. It´s like Dreamcast striking back at Sony from the grave, hopefully forecefully enough to give them some serious karma for their involvement in the death of the beloved little wondermachine from SEGA.

Nice. I love that idea.

Just waiting for the MGS4 and FFXIII Xbox360 announcements now. Kojima, your next
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »

But I was wrong. Don´t know what is happening to Sonic Team, but to me this sounds like a serious blow to their credibility!
What credibility?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »
Every single member of Sonic Team should be thrown in jail for the brutal murder of Sonic.  It's so sad what they did to him, first they broke his legs so he couldn't run anymore and then they took turns as they raped him over and over, while forcing us to watch the whole thing.  And when that was over they pulled out a gun and shoot the poor hedgehog in cold blood.  

And if that wasn't bad enough, those sick bastards returned to where they dumped the body several months later to once again take turns defiling Sonic's corpse.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 12:36:52 PM »
Oh man, that mental image is so damn funny..

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »
Sonic Team doesnt exist anymore, they lost all ther developers a few years ago. What is now called SOnic Team is a joke.

But I still liek the new games they just arent as  good as the old ones. Even RUSH had flaws.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 01:36:34 PM »
Sonic Rush was awesome. Too bad it wasn't developed by the Sonic Team, and rather by Dimps..

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »
I maent that even the best soinic game out there, wasnt saying ST made it duh, that even that game had flaws.  
You can call me

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:00:11 PM »
and VF5 on 360 secured my buy, that is one game I really want and since I want a 360 anyways VF5 seals the deal.  
You can call me

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
Yeah AM2 is pretty much the only part of SEGA that still exists IMO. They have been the only part of SEGA that still churns out quality titles.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »
BRING ON BEACH SPIKERS 2
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GamerGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »
I'm glad SEGA decided to bring Virtua Fighter 5 to the Xbox 360.  That's one less reason for me to consider getting a PlayStation 3.

Now, if Konami announces a 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots, then I really, really doubt I'll ever have to get a PS3.
Wii Name: George
Wii Friend Code: 8804 8170 8745 0718

GamerGeorge's Pad - http://www.gamergeorge.com

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »
heh, funny you should mentioned that. in the latest issue of EGM's Rumor section apparently MGS is headed to 360, if the big wigs at Konami have anything to say. and it will.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline GamerGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »
Yeah, I heard that rumor, and I really hope that it comes true.  Honestly, I don't know what Hideo Kojima is thinking; first he says the Xbox 360 can handle a game like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, yet he, at least for now, denies the system the game.  I mean, shouldn't you, if you're a developer, try to expand your audience as much as possible, rather than limit it to one particular platform?
Wii Name: George
Wii Friend Code: 8804 8170 8745 0718

GamerGeorge's Pad - http://www.gamergeorge.com

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 12:44:41 AM »
You're assuming Kojima is a rational individual. He sees himself as an auteur which means he thinks everyone will put up with his moodswings.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 05:29:02 AM »
Yeah, Kojima has always been a bit of an emo b*tch...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 05:45:35 AM »
And don't even get me started on the Wii...

He BEGGED Nintendo and Hal to put Snake in SSB, he then bashed Nintendo and the Wii, and I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his tune after the Wii does well across the globe.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer