Author Topic: Mafia Party: Superstar Thread  (Read 15702 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Party: Superstar Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:31 PM »
I'm sure you know the answer to that one Maxi ;)

Pick something, anything from the Wii Shop or DSi Shop channel.

I'll also give out consolation prizes to 2nd and 3rd place. There is a 500 limit for those but if you ask nicely I might be willing to up it to 600 points for an import VC title or something ;)

So Mop it up and Khush can pick something as well. Post here or PM what you want and I'll get them out to you at some point this week. Khush, I think I'll need your code. I don't recall mine right now but I'll post it later unless Mop it up still remembers mine ;)

I'm actually hoping for more gameplay discussion because I would love some feedback to tweak the formula and discard what didn't work.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
Can I wait to pick my prize? I mean after I won the Mario Paintball MVP it was several months before I picked something.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 09:58:21 PM »
If you want. Why? Are you waiting for something specific to come out?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
Yeah I have some feedback. You should have created a bonus star for "Most coins held at one time." ;)

Stratos's Wii Console Number is:

7146 8557 9306 9635

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
LOL, you remember things like my GF does for me that I forget. Does this mean I have to buy you random crap and get you balloons and flowers every month too? ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
You should already be doing that stuff. I mean hey, I helped you create this here Mafia game and you didn't even drop a little line anywhere like "Thanks to Mop it up for helping with ideas!"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:16:25 PM by Mop it up »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »
If you want. Why? Are you waiting for something specific to come out?
Well I am not really sure on if I want to get the game now or if something else comes down the line that I like.
I have to check the Shop Channel for a game I might want and see if I want something there. I will let you know down the road or a few days.

Oh I sent Khushrenada a Wiimail about his prize so hope he decides on something.

Hey Mop it up Khushrenada said he doesn't want his Wii number out in the open like this.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:13:58 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »
It isn't like it is a phone number, no one can send him something unless he adds them back.

...But I guess I could PM it to Stratos.

EDIT: Ha ha, I saw you edit out those underscores!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »
Thank you for editing out the code. Khushrenada is PMing Stratos at the moment.
Yeah you caught that. Old habits die hard.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »
I want a prize.  :'(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
It isn't like it is a phone number, no one can send him something unless he adds them back.

Yeah, I realize that now. Which is why I wasn't going to make a huge fuss about it. That said, I still like to keep a special forum secret for only a select few.

Oh good. GP is here. Mayby she can answer the big questions of the game. Her hit choices. They left us townies confused and kept us from fully pointing the finger at you. How did you come to your conclusions?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »
I'm sure you know the answer to that one Maxi ;)

Pick something, anything from the Wii Shop or DSi Shop channel.

I'll also give out consolation prizes to 2nd and 3rd place. There is a 500 limit for those but if you ask nicely I might be willing to up it to 600 points for an import VC title or something ;)

So Mop it up and Khush can pick something as well. Post here or PM what you want and I'll get them out to you at some point this week. Khush, I think I'll need your code. I don't recall mine right now but I'll post it later unless Mop it up still remembers mine ;)

I'm actually hoping for more gameplay discussion because I would love some feedback to tweak the formula and discard what didn't work.
Hmm the gameplay formula worked. I think things were tipped in favor of the townies.

I have a question about how you asked for our favorite Koopalings. Did you have a specific role for each Koopaling and the top 4 choices would be in the game?The number one choice being GF or GM.

At the moment I can't think of anything else but I will look through the game again and see what might need tweaking.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »
Maxi, if you don't pick Cave Story I'm going to vote you off on day one the next game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »
vudu that is on my list of games that I am deciding on. The First Phoenix Wright, Rondo of Blood, Maybe the second Lost Winds. Tough choices.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 03:47:42 AM »
If you don't decide by the time Zelda Wii releases or 2010 ends (whichever comes first) I'm going to decide for you and send you Phoenix Wright because I love that game.

I merely was looking for which Koopalings I would include in the game. Thought it would be fun to try adding some group participation. Funny how Wendy came out on top and GP was the GF considering she has played as Wendy in the past. It was decided purely by random.

You should already be doing that stuff. I mean hey, I helped you create this here Mafia game and you didn't even drop a little line anywhere like "Thanks to Mop it up for helping with ideas!"

I thought I mentioned it in places. I was going to put something in the rules but I decided against it because I didn't want people thinking I had given you a special advantage or create a big fuss over it.

@Maxi
I tried to balance it out but a few last minute changes affected that too much I think. Originally the mafia got rolls like the townies but I was afraid that since the mafia was smaller they could be overwhelmed too easily so I chose to give them permanent powers and remove the rolls. Before day one had even ended I was wishing that I had thought to have kept the dice rolls solely for the mafia to get more coins/stars. I placed to much reliance on the mafia being very active and coordinated. I had envisioned the coin thief stealing coins and the scrambler helping to distribute those between the mafia players possibly as one strategy. Nickmitch using his power only once didn't help matters either. I also think that maybe I should have limited the protection power to one person a turn because it made it increasingly hard for the mafia to gain a hit. Boo's issues initially and his temporary shutdown probably hurt the mafia too.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
Well I think it was before the end of the year when I decided on my gift. Think it was thanksgiving.
But yeah I will let you know.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
vudu that is on my list of games that I am deciding on. The First Phoenix Wright, Rondo of Blood, Maybe the second Lost Winds. Tough choices.

Oh dear, all great choices.  Go out an buy yourself some Wii points!  You need to play all of those games.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
Unclebob's game has a total of 4000 points up for grabs so Maxi might be able to just win all the points he needs to get those games.

Maxi, note that I didn't set a point limit for 1st. You can get any one item on either shop you want. So Cave Story is alright if you are concerned about breaking your budget.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »
Yeah I know Stratos that there isn't a limit.

I think I have decided on a game.Since Cave Story is the most out of all the choices on my list I am going with Cave Story. Save a few bucks when getting point cards.

I haven't played Cave story at all. Played the first Lost Wind.
Played a Castlevania.
Haven't played a Phoenix Wright game but have played the demo of Miles Edgeworth on the Nintendo Channel. So I will go with Cave story since it will be new to me in a sense.

I don't have a DSi at the moment so I can't get a DSiware game. If I were to get a DSi. I would get either the Dragon's Lair game or EarthWorm Jim.

So in conclusion I will go with Cave Story for my choice.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »
I want a prize.  :'(
Here's your prize!

*huggle*

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
Just going to state that prizes should be sent out tonight. I had to loan my power cord to my little sister so I'm Wii-less at the moment but I'm getting it back later today. Sorry for the delay.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
Did you send it out yet Stratos?

I don't see a blue light yet on my Wii.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
Maxi, please be patient. I don't think Stratos has his power cord back yet. Here's a message from yesterday night:

I got the game in the mail today! But I don't have my Wii power cord because my little sister took it since hers is lost... phooey.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
I guess I should be a bit more patient. I just want to try it soon and I am excited to try it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:40 AM »
Sorry, I was busy all day acquiring a new car and by the time I got it I didn't have enough time to run to my folks house and get it. I'll get it tomorrow hopefully before work.
My Game Collection