Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. The Lost World.  (Read 16119 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. The Lost World.
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »
This space for rent.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Donkey Kong. The Lost World.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »
Announcement Post:

The following people died yesterday:

Spak-Spang - Townie (Death by Vote)
kraken613 - Townie (Death by Mafia)

That leaves 4 townies and 4 mafia members. This game is now over. A Mafia Victory has occured.

Congratulations to:

Mop_it_up - Henchman #3
Pap64 - Godfather
Stevey - Henchman #2
Vudu - Henchman #1

Although they may have gambled too much, too soon, it paid off when voter apathy occured.

Moreover, this gives us the rare mafia victory where all members of the mafia lived through to the end of the game. This is only the third time this has occured. Congratulations on that stunning achievement as well.

Winner of Most Frustrated Player goes to Dasmos who I believe was pretty much correct about everything throughout the whole game. I wish I had made a role that would have allowed Dasmos the power to switch from being a townie to a mafia member like in the Animal Crossing Wii-Make game. In that game, Dasmos was again frustrated by poorly voting townies that he switched sides and joined the winning mafia team. Unfortunately, there would be no such option for the best townie player this game.

Feel free to comment all you want on this game now and boo the winning team or kick the townies while they are down.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:35:15 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:31:43 AM »
How much would it cost to rent for... two days?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »
An earthquake just occurred dropping bananas on all the mafia members. Townies win!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »
How much would it cost to rent for... two days?

Your soul. Or just tell me your role next mafia game. Or 25 cents. Whichever is more valuable to you.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:55 AM »
BTW yeah for Mop_it_up!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »
Hmm.  That's a steep price. Hmm...

No deal.  I'll just make my own thread in this forum.

What's that?  I can't?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyways, yeah... it's frustrating when you pinpoint the godfather on your own deathbed, and then you have the townies arguing over which mafia member is more likely in the mafia, then decide to screw it and just not kill anyone, essentially.  The non-active townies created this mafia win, something that's sad, considering how it was almost only mafia players who had fingers pointed at them, and few townies were suspicious near the end.

Thanks, nonactive townies.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »
Honestly, I'm actually for all the winners. I took down stevey and Vudu last game on the last day and denied them victory so it is nice to see them rebound and get a win here. And I believe this is the first win for Pap64 along with Mop_it_up. Mop_it_up had it rough last game so it is nice to see her come through that experience with a much better one this time. Like I said, the only person I really feel bad for is Dasmos who played the role of the last sane man as he watched the game crumble around him and could not even get the mercy of mafia to put him out of this misery. Deserved better.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 12:48:37 AM »
I refuse to believe that the mafia planned on a tie on Day 5. I do however believe they tried to get vudu voted out to stop pap64 dying, they lucked out that no-one broke the tie.

Yeah this was very similar to the Animal Crossing mafia, the townies were useless despite it being spelled out for them in the Day threads, except I couldn't jump from the sinking ship this time. They kept voting out the obvious or easy person, (which I admit I was guilty with when voting out stogi) instead of actually looking for real reasons to vote out people. And when people get these idiot trains of thought into their head, it's easy for the mafia to take advantage.

The only thing I wasn't sure of was whether GP or Mop_It_Up was a member of the mafia, but after stevey's post on Day 6 it was clear it was Mop_It_Up.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:33 AM »
Yeah, the secret is out. I not only was mafia I was the godfather. I have to thank my henchmen who did a great job snooping around and planning strategies.

A lot has been said about the infamous first day death of Maxi. The townies believed it was a foolish move and the reason we killed him was because we feared him. The truth is that during the first day we caught him investigating people out, so we decided to kill the potential squealer before it got too late. This seems to have paid off since people were confused as to who was who.

As for those who didn't vote, I can't speak for everyone, but I know Athena was just very busy. On top of that she had to go out of town and she didn't have internet where she went. Don't be too bad on her, she is a very busy person.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »
I just realized something. It take it back. Dasmos doesn't get to be the best townie. He blew it on Day 5 when he could have voted out a mafia member.

If someone, anyone, had bothered to read the rules, which I thought I kept brief and simple and too the point, they would have known what happens in the event of a tie. You can change your vote. Dasmos was around for the whole 30 minutes sudden death but he didn't change his vote. It was a tie between two mafia members. Changing the vote would have gotten rid of one of them. But he didn't because I think he thought his vote was locked in. Would that have changed things or would it have only delayed the inevitable? Hard to say.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »
Announcement Post:

The following people died yesterday:

Spak-Spang - Townie (Death by Vote)
kraken613 - Townie (Death by Mafia)

That leaves 4 townies and 4 mafia members. This game is now over. A Mafia Victory has occured.

Congratulations to:

Mop_it_up - Henchman #3
Pap64 - Godfather
Stevey - Henchman #2
Vudu - Henchman #1

Although they may have gambled too much, too soon, it paid off when voter apathy occured.

Moreover, this gives us the rare mafia victory where all members of the mafia lived through to the end of the game. This is only the third time this has occured. Congratulations on that stunning achievement as well.

Winner of Most Frustrated Player goes to Dasmos who I believe was pretty much correct about everything throughout the whole game. I wish I had made a role that would have allowed Dasmos the power to switch from being a townie to a mafia member like in the Animal Crossing Wii-Make game. In that game, Dasmos was again frustrated by poorly voting townies that he switched sides and joined the winning mafia team. Unfortunately, there would be no such option for the best townie player this game.

Feel free to comment all you want on this game now and boo the winning team or kick the townies while they are down.

On Day one I PMed my thoughts on who Mafia was I nailed 2 of the 4 Mafia members after Day 1. Mop_it_up and Vudu.

Next day comes up and I suspect Mop_it_up,Vudu,Pap64.

Stevey I didn't pick out until after Day 5.

The clues were out there.

I mean why did Vudu put a vote to make sure there was no tie. Mop_it_up was the vote before Vudu. That right there raises flags in my eye.

Pap64 was just picking a bandwagon that was benifical to his team. Not really playing much.

I don't see how nobody voted for stevey after he voted for thatguy.

2. Townie Particapation.

This became a problem around Day 4.
Athena I know this is your first game but this is not a difficult game to understand. If you had any questions you should have asked Khushrenada.
 Plugabugz I know you are over in Europe but why didn't you vote?

Kraken you played ok. You could of helped on the Day 5 vote. Why were you not online?

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:09 AM »
Eh, as far as I say, it was clear on the fifth day that both players were in the mafia, and any townie could have switched his or her vote.  Any of 'em.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 01:00:36 AM »
Maxi: I already explained why Athena didn't play much so again don't be too hard on her.

And while I did pick out bandwagons we did speak everything that was going on and figure out who to vote for or watch out for.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »
I just realized something. It take it back. Dasmos doesn't get to be the best townie. He blew it on Day 5 when he could have voted out a mafia member.

If someone, anyone, had bothered to read the rules, which I thought I kept brief and simple and too the point, they would have known what happens in the event of a tie. You can change your vote. Dasmos was around for the whole 30 minutes sudden death but he didn't change his vote. It was a tie between two mafia members. Changing the vote would have gotten rid of one of them. But he didn't because I think he thought his vote was locked in. Would that have changed things or would it have only delayed the inevitable? Hard to say.

Yeah, my bad. For some reason I had it in my idiot head that you couldn't change your vote in the even of a tie, you could only accept new votes.

I guess this is why you read the rules.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:44 AM »
This is my first win and yet somehow it makes me feel empty.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »
Awww. Poetic.

Someone has been listening to Moby.

"Why does my heart feel so bad? Why does my soul feel so sad?"

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »

Because the townies didn't put up a fight near the end?

Oh and Khush, this is actually my second win. This is my first win as a MAFIA member. My first win was as a townie in the Mario Mafia Bros.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 01:07:25 AM »
Pap I was typing that out before you posted.

Congrats Mop_it_up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »
Oh, you did win that game. I thought you might have but I didn't bother to check the Hall of Fame and just went off memory. I knew there were a lot of winners from that game thanks to the bomber. I couldn't remember if you played it or not.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »
By the time I had died, I pretty much had them figured out.  The jerks.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 01:13:21 AM »
Because the townies didn't put up a fight near the end?
I don't really know why. I guess I don't feel like I was really a part of it for some reason. Like if it were just you three you still would have won, maybe even had an easier time at it too.

I refuse to believe that the mafia planned on a tie on Day 5. I do however believe they tried to get vudu voted out to stop pap64 dying, they lucked out that no-one broke the tie.
I can tell you one thing about Day 5, I made a mistake. For one thing, I forgot that there was a sudden-death period for ties. So I removed my vote to cause a tie and hope they'd both survive. But I also didn't realize that the Nullifier was gone, and so the reason why I voted at first was because I didn't want the tie settled by the Nullifier.

So, yeah, no crafty tricks or anything, I just stumbled about.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 01:21:43 AM »
Oh as far as PMs I recieved from dead players and Mafia guesses. I didn't get one.

So no prize for anybody.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:04:33 AM »
So I called it late today.  Why didn't you listen to Dasmos, thatguy, Spak?  Townies, It was well known early on that Pap64 and Vudu were mafia.  Stevey was obvious mafia...and you vote ME!!!! 

The guy in Korea out.  Who didn't hurt a fly...and had logical votes.  I didn't even play like the mafia.  Geez.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 04:11:50 AM »
No townies voted for you Spak. Only mafia.