Author Topic: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)  (Read 60786 times)

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »
I'm curious if anyone here knows what the scarecrow in the forest is all about. I've seen him with Verde in some artworks, but I can't interact with him in any way, and I've already beaten the game.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:32 PM »
Well finally gotten around the LKS--about 3 hours in and while it's charming I still can't figure out why the hell can't I target with the pointer?  In case you missed this--this game doesn't use motion control at all even the pointer.  You target enemies/objects with a 8 way direction arrow and it's annoying as all hell especially since the WII hardware is supposed to make point/click easier. 

I hope xseed patches this because it's the one glarring flaw with the game.  Yeah, it doesn't have a hardcore following and it's not flying off the shelves because it was rated "T".   Bleh video game rating system is a joke if this game deserved a T, should have been E IMO.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
I'm curious if anyone here knows what the scarecrow in the forest is all about. I've seen him with Verde in some artworks, but I can't interact with him in any way, and I've already beaten the game.

I'm still early in the game, but so far I've run into two scarecrows.  Not sure if either of these are what you're talking about.

The first is in an alcove directly to the east of the spa next to your village (near the guy with the art gallery).  You fight him during one of the early quests.

The second is in the middle of a water melon patch to the southwest of your village.  He attacks automatically, so I doubt this is the one you're referring to.

If neither of those are what you're talking about I haven't a clue.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
I hope xseed patches this because it's the one glarring flaw with the game.  Yeah, it doesn't have a hardcore following and it's not flying off the shelves because it was rated "T".   Bleh video game rating system is a joke if this game deserved a T, should have been E IMO.

Alcohol references and polygamy.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
I think the reason you are so impressed and addicted to LKS is because you had absolutely zero expectations for it and when you finally played it the title met your expectations and then some. I know because it has happened to me. I've found a game that was very obscure only to hail it as the best thing ever.

I don't think this is the case because I have no expectations for any games these days and I'm inevitably finding that I'm still only mildly amused by most of them. As you get older and your time gets more valuable, you can't afford to simply spend 30 hours playing through games anymore, but I'm MAKING time for LKS, something I haven't done in some time.

It has been ages since I've had a game cause me to go to bed late and wake up early. The last time I did that was when the Wii launched and I woke up to play some more Red Steel and try out Wii Sports.

I had only rented LKS through gamefly but I decided to buy it. It's too good of a game NOT to buy.

And the reason I think it's such an AAA title is not just because the gameplay is incredibly fun but because the game is dripping with unnecessary polish: the areas of your kingdom are filled with unique houses, each one lovingly-crafted by a graphic artist, full of detail. You might not even wind up SEEING this detail, though, as you primarily use a system of cannons to navigate the game world.

This is a rare case where a developer went above and beyond the call of duty on a game. There's just so much content here and so much that I'm inevitably missing that I can't help but be impressed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:54:31 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »

I'm still early in the game, but so far I've run into two scarecrows.  Not sure if either of these are what you're talking about.

The first is in an alcove directly to the east of the spa next to your village (near the guy with the art gallery).  You fight him during one of the early quests.

The second is in the middle of a water melon patch to the southwest of your village.  He attacks automatically, so I doubt this is the one you're referring to.

If neither of those are what you're talking about I haven't a clue.

It was the first one, actually. Thanks! I guess I just never wound up getting that quest assigned to me. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2009, 07:35:33 PM »
The exclusion of IR pointing makes this AA.5
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
I actually found the exclusion of IR to be less annoying than the fact that you can't order your army to hold position while you take just a few units with you. As someone who has played Pikmin extensively, I found the lack of IR to be much easier to compensate for than the fact that you have to take twenty targets with you when the obstacle you need only needs four units (but the other sixteen troops will be needed in just a short time).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2009, 12:44:05 PM »
There's only a "leave your King alone, I need Me-Time" function, right?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2009, 01:41:04 PM »
There's only a "leave your King alone, I need Me-Time" function, right?

Not unless you're in your kingdom.  When you go exploring you have to keep everyone with you at all times.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2009, 02:10:30 PM »
I see.

Single-A game.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:23 PM »
I see.

Single-A game.

Nah, it's at least a double. The funny part is that it has a few serious problems, and yet it's incredibly addictive in spite of that. It's one of my favorite games of this year, even with the issues.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »
Never mind what Pro says...

He liked Sonic and the Black Knight :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2009, 12:22:30 AM »
Sonic and the Black Knight was good.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2009, 12:50:27 AM »
I'm on the last boss fight right now but I decided to wait until I can play it with the sound on (when Athena isn't trying to sleep, I mean).

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
I'm on the last boss fight right now but I decided to wait until I can play it with the sound on (when Athena isn't trying to sleep, I mean).

I have to admit that the last fight was something of a letdown: it dragged on way too long. I'm also not sure what the ending meant, exactly, although it was something of a downer. The lead up to it was fantastic, though, and Tyrant Mode is a very brisk challenge.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

I have to admit that the last fight was something of a letdown: it dragged on way too long. I'm also not sure what the ending meant, exactly, although it was something of a downer. The lead up to it was fantastic, though, and Tyrant Mode is a very brisk challenge.

Maybe there is a hidden ending once ou get 100% or something with a 'true' final boss?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
Kill your queen?  Kay.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2009, 01:21:54 AM »
My local indie game store said the game wasn't a big seller. :/

Though they don't get a lot of copies of games in the first place unless there is going to be a sure demand for it.
My Game Collection

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
My local indie game store said the game wasn't a big seller. :/

Though they don't get a lot of copies of games in the first place unless there is going to be a sure demand for it.

Sales-wise, LKS is the smallest of the small fry. The big-box stores don't even carry it...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
It's a game only nerds know about.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
Random question:  During the startup screen, when it shows the Xseed and Cing logos, what the hell is that red thing in the lower left corner?  For the life of me I can't figure it out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »
So I got the game the other day and got to try it yesterday. Really nice presentation. But I'm stuck and have no clue what to do. I have a bunch of lazy adults and I dug up two treasures, but I can't do anything else. I see logs and steaming cracks which I take you need different townsfolk for, but I can't get them to change. The manual says that I throw them as a building to make them change but they refuse to go in. Am I missing something? There is no in-game tutorial that shows you how to change their jobs, and the manual's explanation does not work.

Help?
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
After you get enough money go to your throne room and sit on it and talk to Howser. He should give you a option of Kingdom plan or something to that effect. Select it and pick a building to build. The guard house makes soldiers and the farmhouse makes farmers.

Most of your tasks will take place in your throne room. You are the king after all and need to tell your servents what to do.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:47 PM »
That option isn't there to my recollection. I was checking every menu and trying everything just to see what I could do. :/

I'll look again and see if I missed one more easy treasure.

OK, figured it out. There were some bushes that I could pull that hid another hole with enough money to build something. It helped when I did the Z Targeting because it shows the things I could interact with and that's how I discovered the bushes could be pulled. Now we're getting somewhere!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:30:04 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection