Author Topic: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)  (Read 60789 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 01:05:27 AM »
Yeah, I have had 4 people wash up on shore before.

I haven't put too many hours into this so far, but it's steadily taking hold of me. I have been trying to hold off until I get out of hospital tomorrow afternoon, because then I'll have a couple days of rest time to sink into it.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »
It's taking more and more hold on me as well. I can't wait to play it next...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2009, 05:17:13 AM »
Possibly the best third party game on Wii.

It's giving me the same vibe I got from those old Quintet games like Actraiser and the Soulblazer series. You conquer more of the world and it slowly becomes more lively.

The lack of pointer controls is really the only significant problem I have with this game. If there are multiple enemies, I often can't target the one I want. I also don't like the fact that pressing the B button recalls ALL your guys. It wouldn't have to be that way if it used the pointer.

And yeah, having your guys "die" in battle isn't that big of a deal. I once lost 14 in a single boss battle and the next day all 14 were on the beach. After about 30 or 40 deaths, I've finally had one guy perma-die on me.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2009, 05:22:46 AM »
Maybe they have 'lives' before they perma-die? And maybe doing good things for them increases their number of 'lives'?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »
This is GOTY material, and I mean "GAME of the year", not "game trying to be a movie of the year" like the crap that usually gets nominated.

Not only is it an all around fantastic experience, but the hard mode is actually hard. This harkens back to a TRUE old school game, one where there's just an insane amount of actual gaming content to digest. I've just procured my 2nd princess and now this one has her own quest for me.

And the other kings are awesome. The short cutscenes that play before you fight them are well done and wonderfully bizarre. This game has everything, action, strategy, micromanagement, the works.

Every Wii owner should buy this game, period.

Pro, stop playing Wii Sports Resort and buy this. :p This is one 3rd party that ain't making excuses.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 03:08:49 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Hey, I already have this game.  I let my friend borrow it the weekend Resort came out.  And only last night was the 2nd night I ever sat down with Resort.  I've got MORE IMPORTANT 3rd party games to deal with first, cuz I have to do these things somewhat in the order I buy them.

I'll pickup that hour of gameplay I left off with King maybe in 2011.  Rune Factory Frontier has given me plenty to do already, and it's from the same publisher.

Chill-out and quit playing games 26 hours a day, you raging non-casual.  Archery and Table Tennis played fine for more than an hour after a single table-calibration, so =P
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »
Chill-out and quit playing games 26 hours a day, you raging non-casual.

I wish.

This is the first game in years that has REALLY made me wish I had more time to play games.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »
SB and Pro, stop picking fights with each other over games. I doubt either of you will look better by playing one game over the other, don't care if you are being funny you are being ridiculous.

Consider this a warning. You two have the right to enjoy whatever games you want but no need to argue about it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
No worries. Pro and I have known each other too long. I don't think it's possible for us to have a serious "fight" at this point. :)

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
The only thing I ask from EVERYONE to keep it civil. Don't derail the thread by making rants about how "no one is buying the game) or try to force people into buying it. And even if you are "play fighting" its best to not let it go far and end it as soon as possible.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2009, 12:34:43 AM »
TBH, I have no idea how the game is selling, only that it's a phenomenal game and that I hope it sells well.

This is the first time I feel a 3rd party has REALLY delivered on the Wii, and I mean AAA title, hands down, no question.

I had believed that it was impossible for me to get addicted to games anymore, like I was beyond it, but LKS has reversed that trend for the first time in years.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »
TBH, I have no idea how the game is selling, only that it's a phenomenal game and that I hope it sells well.

This is the first time I feel a 3rd party has REALLY delivered on the Wii, and I mean AAA title, hands down, no question.

I had believed that it was impossible for me to get addicted to games anymore, like I was beyond it, but LKS has reversed that trend for the first time in years.

I'd argue that Tiger Woods 10 is an absolute hands down AAA game, but everything I hear about this game is positive and I plan to buy it as soon as I have money.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2009, 04:07:27 AM »
I plan to buy it as part of project SXC (pronounced sexy). Support Xseed Campaign.

In fact, LKS and Rune Factory are my next planned purchases.

VGChartz gives it 50k in 'others' and 17k in Americas. I'm going to guess 60-70k for August.
My Game Collection

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2009, 10:16:58 PM »
I'd been looking forward to playing this game since it was first announced, primarily because of the pedigree and artstyle. I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint in the least. The game does have several shortfalls, most notably how the camera is mysteriously restricted in a handful of areas, but all in all I have to say that this is my favorite Wii game of 2009. There's tons of great things about this title, but the battles with the other kings were especially big bright spots.

If you haven't played it yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up soon. You won't be disappointed.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2009, 01:39:41 AM »

I think the reason you are so impressed and addicted to LKS is because you had absolutely zero expectations for it and when you finally played it the title met your expectations and then some. I know because it has happened to me. I've found a game that was very obscure only to hail it as the best thing ever.

Yet, I am sure that if someone saw all the great word of mouth the game has gotten and plays it expecting the fantastic game everyone says it is the game will not live up to the hype. Because then expectations were set based on what people said.

This is why I tend to take every comment with a grain of salt because, let's face it, people can both greatly exaggerate a game's flaws or qualities.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:57:11 AM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:03 AM »
That's true, Pap. I simply adore games like Okami, Zach & Wiki and No More Heroes and can overlook their flaws, but others may not.

I still say buy them AND LKS ;)
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
As an FYI, not saying that LKS isn't a good game. From what I heard the game is quite charming and very well made. What I mean is that even a solid game can be amazing according to the expectations you have for it. The same goes for games that are hyped and end up disappointing.

Zack and Wiki I admit was a game that surprised me despite all the hype the game had. I was merely expecting a cute game. But when I finally played it I was blown away by how clever, inventive and beautiful. I pretty much acted exactly the way SB is acting with LKS; I deemed it a triple AAA title.

Meanwhile, I recently bought Madworld and haven't even played 2 hours worth of gameplay. I thought it was good but something about it hasn't moved me to complete it (then again, I have other games that are in the same state).

But now I am derailing the thread.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2009, 02:15:23 AM »
Don't worry, I'll rerail it when we are done talking ;)

So tomorrow I go to my local indie game shop to move forward with project SXC. Hope they have it in stock since it is a little store.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2009, 11:42:09 AM »
Hope to hear from you about it.
How much is the game?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
I think the reason you are so impressed and addicted to LKS is because you had absolutely zero expectations for it and when you finally played it the title met your expectations and then some.

Not necessarily true.  For almost a year I've been saying that LKS is my #1 most anticipated game of 2009 and I'm still loving it.  My only complaint (other than no pointer controls and horrible path detection by the townsfolk) is that the game is almost too open.  They don't give you much direction at all and I find myself not knowing what to do next because there's so damn much stuff to do.

After you beat the Onii King you learn that there are six other kingdoms to conquer.  However, the game doesn't give you any order to follow.  Some of the paths are blocked off because I don't yet have the necessary jobs unlocked to get to where I need to go, but the game doesn't specifically tell you that, so you're left up to your own means to discover where to go next.  It's a little daunting.  (But fun!)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »
Got the game today along with Pokemon Platinum. Impressions later.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
I think the reason you are so impressed and addicted to LKS is because you had absolutely zero expectations for it and when you finally played it the title met your expectations and then some.

Not necessarily true.  For almost a year I've been saying that LKS is my #1 most anticipated game of 2009 and I'm still loving it.

Player experiences are always different. I already said that the game is solid and good since the reviews have been highly favorable. But what I mean is that the final value is given by the player and is affected by how he or she perceives it. In your case you were anticipating the game and since it was solid your expectations were met. I, however, am talking about an individual who likely didn't know much about the game so when he played it its likely that it left a much bigger impact on him than it did on you (seriously considering that he trolled the Wii Sports Resort thread to tell people to finish that game and buy LKS its hard to deny LKS left a much bigger impact on SB than it did on other players :p ).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »
But shamelessly trolling our own threads is what we do best. After all, we're just following our faithful leader's example since he trolled the forums on his honeymoon ;)
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
Ok I played the first 5 days and in that time I got past that Graveyard ghost. Haven't lost any townsfolk. So far I am enjoying it alot.

How do you get more jobs though. I have the farmer and soldier jobs so far.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2009, 05:22:01 PM »
Just keep playing.  More jobs automatically open up as you get father in the game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!