Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 937025 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3025 on: December 09, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
I tried to make the Funhouse a trainwreck last year and got banned for a week.... so I guess I succeeded?  :-\ What Silenced is doing is just a minor annoyance. And if Insanolord likes it, he's clearly doing it wrong.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3026 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »
It's not an attempt to destroy the Funhouse whatsoever.

I don't have to lift a finger for that to happen. I'll let you run it into the ground slowly, over time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 09, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
I wasn't accusing you of trying to destroy the Funhouse, I was praising you for upholding the values the Funhouse represents.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 10, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »
Did I miss Rats meltdown again? Damn.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
I was surprised, to say the least.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: December 10, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »
He'll back back.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 10, 2016, 11:10:23 PM »
No link or explanation? Shame.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 10, 2016, 11:33:13 PM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=50954.msg909406#msg909406

The gray Phase of therat Life Cycle was probably this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=50967.msg909092#msg909092

It's understandable to get mad when life brings you down, rat, but you gotta avoid lashing out at the wrong people. Stay in the green zone, bro!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 11, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
I give him a week.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 12, 2016, 01:37:30 AM »
Not a hater but... (future prediction) Is an ultra loaded title for a topic that was always going to fish out crazy people. It is not helped at all that the OP assumptions are absurd and intentionally inflammatory with no backing. It's intent was to make others do the heavy lifting of countering it than to offer evidence for the claims made.

No surprise it helped cause a meltdown. It's a bad thread with bad fundamentals.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 16, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
That's funny. I didn't have a meltdown, but I have no doubts at all what you people think of me now. Thanks.

It was a light hearted ribbing. But I have learned no to let the haters get to me. I am better than you think I am.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 16, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »
I wonder if I can trick Ian Sane into posting in the funhouse with that thread.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 17, 2016, 04:48:09 AM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 17, 2016, 05:19:12 AM »
Just in case someone here missed it The Rat has said his goodbyes again.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=50711.msg909741#msg909741

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 17, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
Not a hater but... (future prediction) Is an ultra loaded title for a topic that was always going to fish out crazy people. It is not helped at all that the OP assumptions are absurd and intentionally inflammatory with no backing. It's intent was to make others do the heavy lifting of countering it than to offer evidence for the claims made.
I tried to give that thread a chance, but once the OP responded to me and I confirmed what he had no real intention of holding a productive discussion, I peaced right the **** out of there. F that flame bait nonsense.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 17, 2016, 11:16:54 PM »
I think we need to bring up the real elephants in the room. First, do we need the Funhouse? It's toxic, its garbage, it's run by people who would rather role-play than moderate, and it hurts people like Phil and Khush's silly Pokemon dupe account.

Second, do we need Agent -X-? He's toxic, he's garbage, he's run by people who would rather speculate positively about the Switch than be pessimistic and a huge douchebag, and he hurts people like me and my account's feelings.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

I think Nintendo has 2 issues.

1) Repeatedly trying to re-invent the wheel just so that they can call it their own.

I think the Wii was the first time they tried this, and it was so successful, that it only made sense to try and upend the table again with the WiiU. It probably would have been better (imo) to make a Wii2 instead, with better or the same motion controls (the same only so the controllers would be compatible), but with better graphics. Instead, they tried something new, which failed, and now the Switch is what the WiiU should have been. Instead of having a screen on the controller, the system has a screen for when you want to take it outside. This makes it more of a traditional machine which is good for gamers and designers.

That's not re-inventing that we're complaining about, though. The Wii motion controls were major selling point for all of us. [That] was exciting. Let's talk about what's not exciting:

1. Gamecube: Opting for proprietary mini-discs while the rest of the market uses standard DVDs. Consequently, Gamecube discs have far less storage and are more expensive for third parties. Why not just go with the standard everyone else is happy with?

2. Gamecube: Going with 59 Mb memory cards as the standard (and ONLY available Nintendo branded) memory card while [everyone else] has game save storage space into the megabytes. Why not just go with what has been proven to work with that generation for the past year?

3. Wii: Going with "friend codes" that are unique to each and every game that supports online play. Want to play with your friends? Prepare to enter a GUID using a pointer for every friend code EVERY TIME you get a new game. This is majorly off-putting to everyone who has played online on PC, Xbox, or Playstation. NO ONE has EVER chosen to do online play like this before. NO ONE. Nintendo came up with this all on their own. Why not just go with the standard that has already been in place for more than a decade???

4. Wii: Games are FINALLY on DVDs. No DVD movie playback. Why not include a hugely popular feature all other competitors offer??? I mean, F--K, I know people who don't even f--king game who bought 3 or more Wii's just to hook them to TVs and run Netflix. Seriously. Japan of all nations dictates you to make a smaller console, AND YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DENY US DVD PLAYBACK!!!!11!1

5. Wii: Everyone else is offering 100+ GB storage solutions. Nintendo believes 8 GB is enough. Doh.

6. Wii U: Everyone else is offering 100+ GB storage solutions. Nintendo believes 32 GB is enough. Doh.

7. Switch: Everyone else is offering 100+ GB storage solutions. Nintendo believes 32 GB is enough. Doh.

8. Wii U: Code friends. No friend list. No party chat. No subscription service. No monthly free games for subscribers. Why not go with the hugely popular standard demonstrated by their competition a generation ago? Oh, that's right. There's only 32 GB to work with. Doh.

When Nintendo does something, they make sure and do it themselves and make sure to only do what their narrow vision requires. One the minimum is satisfied, they trim anything that might be of use to anyone outside Nintendo and make sure they aren't paying an extra penny anywhere along the way while still asking a premium price for the damn thing. I give you: Nintendo re-inventing the wheel.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
If you live in the Caribbean why you playin video games? Should talk to stogi about meeting honeys instead.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Caribbean women are pretty great, if I do say so myself.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
You think I ain't doing both?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Not with that default pic

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Oooooh!!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
This is bad, I can't tell if that user "TheSevenYearSwitch" is legitimate, or just someone's alt / one of Zap's many names.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Terry Funk is Billy Bob Thornton's cousin.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post