Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 937054 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Khush for mod 2014

I didn't even notice so you must have had it fixed pretty quick. On a side note I did have a very long conversation with the kid about his behavior and how to fit in better, I think he took it to heart but he feels people are just picking on him. Unless of course it is just an alt account trolling the site, but he swears that is not the case and I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt I hate to assume people are just lying for no reason.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
As soon as I did it (and realized I couldn't undo it, since I was banned too), I picked up the Batphone and called for help.  The whole thing probably lasted less than ten minutes...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Go on a trip with no internet and **** goes down. I always miss the fun stuff...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'm away from the forums for one day and the whole thing falls apart.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Go on a trip with no internet and **** goes down. I always miss the fun stuff...

Don't worry, it was so quick, we all missed it.

And what kind of award or recognition does a mod get for accidentally banning himself from the forum he moderates where he has to call the site admin to unban him, so he can continue to moderate?
There has to be something special for that?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
As soon as I did it (and realized I couldn't undo it, since I was banned too), I picked up the Batphone and called for help.  The whole thing probably lasted less than ten minutes...

Wait! So you almost created a situation where every forum account was banned which could have resulted in no one being able to log back in and unban/fix the mistake and we'd all have to create new accounts with different ip addresses just to log back on? That would have been something to see the site announce.

It wasn't that fun.

I'm away from the forums for one day and the whole thing falls apart.

This would imply they hadn't already fallen apart with you around and therefore is erroneous.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
YOU'RE ERRONEOUS! And I'm pretty sure nobody accidentally banned everyone when I was here. Therefore, I've concluded that all the problems the forums have had, are having, and will ever have are clearly UncleBob's fault.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
What I did was ban every IP ever from accessing the forums using SUPER's old method.  so creating a new account wouldn't have worked.  Not even sure it would have allowed you to create a new account, since your IP (no matter what it is) was banned.

Admins can access the forums regardless of their ban - although if they weren't already signed in at the time, I do wonder if the forum would have let them sign in...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
YOU'RE ERRONEOUS! And I'm pretty sure nobody accidentally banned everyone when I was here. Therefore, I've concluded that all the problems the forums have had, are having, and will ever have are clearly UncleBob's fault.

Who said it was an accident?  I said in the other thread that I was going to do it and I did. ;)

I just didn't think it would actually *work*.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
SUPER's method was to ban every username, not IP, and I know that doesn't work anymore because I tried to make everybody a mod in Hardware and Wi-Fi Support that way and it didn't work.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
If there was one ban you should consider sticking, it's this one:

Quote from: System Notification
Sorry Mop it up, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

Jeez I hate that jerk! Can't even tell a good joke.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
SUPER's method was to ban every username, not IP, and I know that doesn't work anymore because I tried to make everybody a mod in Hardware and Wi-Fi Support that way and it didn't work.

It was the same idea though.  He banned everyone by entering a wildcard in the User Name field.  I banned everyone by entering wildcards in the IP address field.

Mine was the better mass ban, as even people who weren't logged in would be unable to access the forums. :D

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
You banned 7 billion people from the forums in one shot. That's pretty impressive.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Unclebob is now considered a Forum Terrorist.

YOU ARE ON THE WATCH LIST NOW!!!!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
He's trying to get a job at Google China.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
You banned 7 billion people from the forums in one shot. That's pretty impressive.

Go big or go home.

Uncle Bob works for the NSA:confirmed.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
iNSAnolord has NSA in his name!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Judging based on Twitter the last couple days it seems like UncleBob cares more about the Simpsons marathon than he does about the fine people of these forums, fishing for retweets from a faceless corporation while carelessly destroying the forums.

#ImpeachUncleBob

J.P. Corbran

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Best Bob 2014 ;)
Made you look ****.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Judging based on Twitter the last couple days it seems like UncleBob cares more about the Simpsons marathon than he does about [roughly anything other than perhaps Nintendo...]

iNSAnolord has NSA in his name!

the perfect spy tactic deflect attention on an innocent bystander.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Judging based on Twitter the last couple days it seems like UncleBob cares more about the Simpsons marathon than he does about [roughly anything other than perhaps Nintendo...]

See, he admits it! He doesn't care about you at all! Meanwhile, I'm over here giving blood, sweat and tears to make this a better place. I'd take a bullet for these forums. And if I ever banned literally every person on Earth from coming here you can bet it'd be fully intentional and I'd be doing so for entirely legitimate reasons.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
What are you talking about?  There was a spam report up there for something like three days that you did absolutely nothing about.