Author Topic: VANQUISH - For PS3/360  (Read 21554 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
VANQUISH - For PS3/360
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Trailer is here.

I honest to god don't know what to think about this.

UPDATE: No Wii version folks. Good thing I have a PS3.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:04:10 PM by Peachylala »
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Platinum's new game - VANQUISH
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »
From the Rumor thread: vLinkv
This is not a rumor but more of a speculation.

Platinum Games (MadWorld) has a new game coming out called Vanquish, and all that they have released on it so far is this trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-vanquish/61349?type=flv

The whole video is CG and they are being tight lipped about what system it is for.
The Protagonist wears a white battle suit which reminds me of Iron Man the way it's put on him but of P.N.03 in the way the suit actually looks, being all white.

This is a new game being headed up by Mikami (RE4 & P.N.03) and recently this pic was posted up on their site:

and just as quickly removed.

If you look closely there is only one kind of controller present on the desk. Looks like a Wiimote on the desk furthest right. (sorry, don't have a larger pic).

So the speculation of the day is that Vanquish could be coming to Wii.
Hopefully if this is anywhere accurate, the game turns out to be the 3rd person shooter that we were hoping would follow RE4Wii and have been craving ever since we have been denied and given rail shooters in it's place.

We are just waiting for the platform announcement.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:23:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
The trailer screams HD, but knowing Mikami likes surprises and controversy (if one considers REmake and RE4 GCN exclusive controversal last gen), this could end up being on the Wii.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:30:37 AM »
Well it's coded in HD so that's going be either PS3 or Xbox 360 both I'm guessing both of them.  IF the WII 2 comes out then maybe a port but I don't see them making a port for the WII.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »
None of that trailer was real-time so there's a chance it could come to the Wii. Probably not though.

I know it's just a trailer, but I wasn't terribly impressed. Kind of just looks like Halo in 3rd person.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
It kind of looks like all the space marine shooters that populate the systems. If Platinum is smart enough, this is a Wii game, because space/futuristic marines aren't common on the Wii (and also we crave another Mikami 3rd person shooter). Release it on the PS3/360, it will get torn apart for being a clone of *insert space marine series here*.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
Even if this isn't a Wii game, I'm sure that means they are working on something else for Wii. They've already shown they can juggle at least three projects at once with Madworld, Bayonetta and Infinite Space. In time we'll see something for Wii, especially since Sega viewed Madworld as a good/profitable project.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »
Looks like Halo meets Iron Man meets Independence Day meets Mech Assault...or ED 209. Cool trailer, I suppose.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
FMV, games can still have those you know
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
If it isn't a generic Sci-Fi FPS then this could be quite cool.
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
If it isn't a generic Sci-Fi FPS then this could be quite cool.

Don't worry, it's not a generic Sci-Fi First Person Shooter; it's a generic Sci-Fi Third Person Shooter. If it is a Wii game, I'm interested, as I'm itching to play another game with those controls. If it's 360/PS3, then I'm less interested, because I already have a backlog of Third Person Shooters on those systems.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
You guys really think that Platinum Games would make a generic anything? :|
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »
I wouldn't have thought, but that trailer looks more generic than 3 of the 4 HD third person shooters in my backlog.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »
Yeah, but we don't even know that it's a shooter at all. For all we know, it might be a side-scroller. Wouldn't that be something?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »
Yeah, but we don't even know that it's a shooter at all. For all we know, it might be a side-scroller. Wouldn't that be something?

It would be quite an interesting prospect.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
if its re4 gameplay with a space setting im sold. Clever use of FMVs plus above metroid prime 3/re4 graphics could fool most gamers into thinking its a super powered Wii hd game.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:19:12 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:28 PM »
I don't want RE4 gameplay unless you can still move while you aim.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:16 PM »
lol then that makes it gears of war gameplay, i still haven't played re4 wii, but yeah that would be an improvement, the whoke reason for the stop to aim before was because it was impractical to be able to move and aim with GCN controlls with 3rd person shooting. Actually, that frees up another button.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 04:49:59 AM »
Yeah, they can probably do moving and shooting simultaneously if they want to do that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Rumor: Vanquish to be a shooter
There have been a ton of rumors flying around about Vanquish, the new title by Platinum Games. One of the rumors was that it was a Playstation 3 exclusive because of a leak were SEGA mentioned it might have PSP connectivity and after the trailer hit the internet, everyone assumed it was a shooting game. It seems that both rumors might be correct, according to the Official Playstation Magazine podcast.

“Next time we’ll be talking shooters with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Vanquish and another very special game yet to be announced.â€

Sure this does not make it a Playstation 3 exclusive, but I have yet to see any signs to point at a 360 version and we all know that Mikami is not scared of going exclusive. See: Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. Also the guys at OPM have said its a shooter…

Not ruling out a Wii version yet, but it doesn't look likely.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »
Oh, wow, a shooter. Who'd have guessed a game with guns would involve shooting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
More info from the Platinum Forums
Quote from: Rikitatsu;26225
New Info from one of the CG designers!
Ok all you folks,

Here is the scoop........ and I think that I can help correct those inaccurate guesses....definitely it's going through SEGA. The video you see is a teaser trailer. That is all you are going to get until the powers that be release more... hehe.... As you can see by my avatar. that's me, Paul Wendling. I am also listed in the credits as the costume designer, but what you perhaps didn't know is that for me it's basically an Ironman situation come to real life. I designed the action suit, I personally built that suit, I then acted in that suit, I did all my own stunts in that suit. (3 days of filming) The undergarment is actually (according to the script) an augmented neuro controlled artificial musculature, similar to the robots in I Robot. Then the protective over armour is placed to help protect the main heart of where the strength comes from, namely the muscle undersuit. The main character, Sam, is a secret DARPA lab weapons designer, and when he hears about the destruction, takes it on himself to go out and use his development, and kick some Russian tech and grunt butts.

I can't reveal more until I'm permitted, but if you have any questions about the suit construction, or filming, I'd be happy to oblige.

The trailer is a mix of live action and cgi, but everywhere you see Sam in or out of his suit, that is me doing the acting and stunts, all LIVE and REAL, with air cannons throwing debris, jump rigging, being blown away by explosions, etc. with cgi cleanup and augmentation of some elements like the last blast fling. All backgrounds were cgi of course, but the suit has some new twists, that NO other shooter character has, and you guys will go ape over some new moves..... think perhaps Metroid for a hint(but keeping to actual workable real life physics), and another hint... those curious items on the thighs...... let's just say that you will have to have 3 hands on gameplay to really master the possibilities of unheard of before moves. Another hint, those big forearm bulges in the armor... hide some really cool things as well 

As to the comments about the faceplate covering the mouth, not the eyes..... The blue plate is a nano barrier for breathing, the helmet actually totally opens and closes up in a segmented fashion (think the helmets from Lost in Space, or Stargate.) The vision is not through glass, but I'm looking at displays projected onto the eyes, which are fed from multiple sensors over the helmet.

I've got tons of pics from filming. The suit was hell to do all the stunts in, altogether weighed about 40 pounds, the gun weighed another 12 pounds. Aaannnnd when I'm released to be able to do so, I have all the molds..... anyone want a ridiculously expensive Video game hero suit for this upcoming halloween?

All the best,
Paul Wendling
Art Models and Props Inc
modelsandprops@hotmail.com

"All backgrounds were cgi of course, but the suit has some new twists, that NO other shooter character has, and you guys will go ape over some new moves..... think perhaps Metroid for a hint(but keeping to actual workable real life physics), and another hint... those curious items on the thighs...... let's just say that you will have to have 3 hands on gameplay to really master the possibilities of unheard of before moves. Another hint, those big forearm bulges in the armor... hide some really cool things as well" 

What can you do in Metroid that has never been done before (lol) but is possible in real life physics?

I'll start the list:
Morphball
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:26:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
It's popular in Japan to build gatlings into forearms...

Those things look like smoke grenade launchers at first glance but that's probably not what they're supposed to be. Leg rocket launchers would be my second guess but that's only if we don't count thrusters. If you want really funky try funnels (remote controlled beam cannon satellites in Gundam) but an ordinary human couldn't control those even with three hands.

Speed booster? Hm, no, done in other games too (Section 8 for example). Grappling beams are too damn popular. Stripping to your underwear after completing the mission in less than three hours?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
So they are (rumored to) putting this thing up against all the god damn shooters on the PS3/360? Platinum, seriously, are you trying to lose money.

If this ended up on Wii... it's only competition would be Metroid.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
[3rd parties]But there is no audience for shooters on Wii by the evidence of the lack of shooters on the Wii[/3rd parties]