Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1215540 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2350 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
I also like to see The Question as a Dick Tracy style movie.

I don't think The Question has ever been done in a Dick Tracy Style. He's a Zen Buddhist-Libertarian-Conspiracy Theorist.
Think about that with a movie shot like Dick Tracy.

Okay, Now I'm on board.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: March 10, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »
I think all these DC movie rumors are going to be the beginning of the end for this comic book movie renaissance we've been having. The bubble is gonna burst.

Eh the bubble should have burst a long time ago. Just this weekend the 300 sequel came in first at the box office. I expect more and more genre films and shows to be adaptions off existing Material.

If a question project off the ground I wonder would it better to go with the super noir Steve Ditko version or go the Burce Timm conspiracy Theorist route.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »
I don't think movies based off existing material is what is going to burst the bubble, because there have been movies based off of books and other such things since they've been making movies.

If the bubble burst, it will be because there are too many movies connected to each other, and assuming DC's ho-hum attempt so far at jump starting their own cinematic universe, if the connected movies turn out like Green-Lantern, that could start to sour the Connected Movie thing. Just like Fox is going to try and push The Fantasitc Four into the X-verse, and Sony is expanding Spiderman into a yearly franchise.
It also really doesn't help that Marvel is about to have 5 different connected shows + a miniseries (6 if you count Agent Carter) in addition to all the movies to follow, and that may become just too much for most causal followers to ingest, especially if they all become intertwined to to point where you have to watch some of everything to understand all of anything.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: March 10, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »
The trick with connected items is to have them be connected but loosely enough you can go into a series cold.  That allows depth for the fans and the writers to leverage but, allow to get the people who just wants that one thing. I would say that Star Trek the Next Generation to Voyager in that series is an ok example.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: March 10, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
I think that the whole 'comic-verse' has achieved critical mass. The whole thing will not crash at this point but parts of it can still rise and fall without the whole thing bursting.

I think Marvel will be fine in theaters. DC could crash and burn with the new film and not impact Marvel, Fox or Sony. Sony's Spiderman could tank but there are plenty of quality series and films arriving to sustain the comic-film market. Just enjoy what is good and ignore the bad. We have enough diversity cropping up to keep us going a long time.

I'd like to see a new post-Avengers Hulk film. Surprised we have not gotten one yet. My wife is totally into the Marvel-verse now. She even wants to watch some of the animated shows and films. Just saw Thor 2 and had a blast with it in the theater.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:27:48 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: March 10, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
Cap 2 looks to be amazing from the small amount of sneak preview reviews I've seen. Arguably the best Marvel film made so far, and certainly best so far of Phase 2 from what I'm hearing. gots me HYPED for opening weekend.

And I hope that they can keep the MCU loosely connected without tangling the web too tight where it requires watching of something else to understand what happening in an "unrelated" series.
such as having to watch Luke Cage to get a plot point in Iron Fist which is the basis for the whole scenario in Doctor Strange, which you need to have seen in order to get the reference in Avengers 3 which is mandatory viewing if you are going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Lets just hope it never reaches a point like that. they should all be stand alone series with solid connection that don't require the recommended viewing to watch and understand.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
it appears I was wrong about The Flash, his lightning bolts on the side do stick out from his head afterall.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 11, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »
Hollow Victory because, I really don't like that Brown/Red their using for the custom seeing it as a whole.  Its just to dark for the flash.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 11, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
Green Arrow has a darker green too, so it fits with the Nolan-esque style of darker an more "mature" that the Arrowverse is going for.

I like it. The darker color is something you'll eventually stop seeing, as long as the costume itself looks good, everyone will get over it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 11, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »
I agree, I'll eventually get used to the color.  Unlike Green Arrow though I can't think of an interpretation of The Flash where the character wasn't more like Shazam than Superman.  He's one of the Superheroes that I didn't really see as being a tragic character.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 11, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »
I'm sure he'll be plenty light hearted on his own show. A glass half full type of guy.
I'm going to trust the Arrow guys to get the character traits down as he seems like a very likable guy during his Arrow appearance.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 11, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »
I don't have access to those eps of Arrow yet.  Honestly though all I see of the Arrowverse is pretty darn dark.  I tend to believe the movement of the liquid in the glass matters.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 11, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
I don't have access to those eps of Arrow yet.  Honestly though all I see of the Arrowverse is pretty darn dark.  I tend to believe the movement of the liquid in the glass matters.

you need to get caught up too? you haven't seen any of Season 2 yet?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 11, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »

you need to get caught up too? you haven't seen any of Season 2 yet?
I've seen all they have on Netflix but, by the time I was done the next were not on Hulu anymore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 11, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

It's underway, there is no stopping it now.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 11, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »
Orphan Black season 2 trailer. Tatiana Maslany can seriously act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfUxpTSnq4o

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:40 AM »

best photo shop wins. GO!!

edit: More pics

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:16:05 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:14 AM »
I've never seen this show nor have any interest whatsoever (and I'm largely oblivious to DC Comics)...but that's a pretty dumb looking costume. Obviously they couldn't give him the bright red costume because it would just be too...red...but he looks like a poor man's DareDevil (Affleck).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:32 AM »
It looks overly restrictive for a guy who runs around a lot. Should have just given him a candy cherry red leotard, some badass boots and called it a day. The only time we should ever see a photo of the guy is either he is posing for it or it's a red blur.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 12, 2014, 08:48:47 AM »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: March 12, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
That first image would look awesome with a hoverboard under his feet.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 12, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Barry was pretty likeable on Arrow. In the recent years he's been defined by his mothers death. Unlike Ollie or Bruce Barry doesn't let that sort of Pain dictate his life.

I like the ayit but I think it would have been suited for a lighter red

In Arrow news the rumor is that Harley Quinn will be recurring with the SS, and Nightwing maybe in the wings as well.

First look at Hellblazer.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

« Reply #2372 on: March 12, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
I am so looking forward to DC getting their crap together and making a good Flash movie. I will settle for a decent TV show until they do though. I used to read old Flash comics, the ones original ones with Hawkman I would kill for them to do him justice in a movie or tv show, even a cartoon if thats what it takes. But the Flash was also pretty good, I even kind of liked the show from the 90s even if it was short lived.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:08 AM »
Marvel & DC are officially going head to head in 2016.
http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-batman-vs-superman/
DC challenged by moving in on Marvel's "unannounced movie" date. Marvel accepted by not moving from it's already announced "Movie TBD" date .

Going to be a crazy opening weekend.

MoS 2 vs TBD (Cap 3?)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:43:13 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:22 AM »
I wonder what would happen if Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft got in the "shared cinematic universe" game...