Author Topic: Reggie dropping a bomb at VGX Awards, what could it be?  (Read 52512 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Reggie dropping a bomb at VGX Awards, what could it be?
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »
I still want Famicom Wars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
I want them all. I wish I knew Japanese and I could offer really cheap translation services (even free to a point) to localize them for Western consumption.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2013, 06:43:43 PM »
Translations should be cheap and digital delivery makes makes the risk very very low.

No reason a bunch of games we've never seen couldn't be release everywhere, outside of licensing for specific parts, such as music and/product references.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
I've actually thought about doing that as a business model. I wanted to learn Japanese in high school and am considering going back to that. Combine it with my studies in computers and I could potentially offer my services to Nintendo to do this. Just acquire some Japanese copies of Nintendo games, translate them and show the finished products to Nintendo and offer the ones I have done for free and a steep discount for doing the others. Then I can use that on a resume to offer translation services to other companies on the opposite side of the Pacific. I always enjoyed translating in college and in the end I would have a very unique item I could enjoy even if they said no.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »
Why isn't it fair?  It's games we missed out on in the US because NOA didn't bring 'em over for us.

I still want to play Doshin.

I'd like to try out Giftpia, Captain Rainbow, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Chibi-Robo 3.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
Why isn't it fair?  It's games we missed out on in the US because NOA didn't bring 'em over for us.

I still want to play Doshin.

I'd like to try out Giftpia, Captain Rainbow, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Chibi-Robo 3.

You CAN play Disaster, though. You have to hack your Wii or Wii U to do it (like I did), but at least THAT game can be played on an NA console.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
And in English (I mean, crazy people-English, but English)! :D

I still can't play Doshin.  I'm not into the emulation scene, but are there N64DD emulators out there?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »
UncleBob, if I ever go to Japan I will hunt down some 64DDs and bring one for you with whatever I can get my Nintendo-loving mitts on.
My Game Collection

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
There's a Chibi Robo 3?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »
UncleBob, if I ever go to Japan I will hunt down some 64DDs and bring one for you with whatever I can get my Nintendo-loving mitts on.

Do they work with the US N64?  I assume you'd have to track me down a JPN N64 too. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »
Good point. I'll grab a few of those for good measure while I am there. Though I seem to recall that the US and JPN systems are virtually the same except for a little piece of plastic you can remove to get carts to fit from different regions. It wasn't until the Gamecube that they started using software based region locking.

And I am being serious about buying all this stuff because when I do go to Japan will be when I have a much higher income in 5-10 years. At the rate I am going that will become a reality sooner rather than later. So hang in there!
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Good point. I'll grab a few of those for good measure while I am there. Though I seem to recall that the US and JPN systems are virtually the same except for a little piece of plastic you can remove to get carts to fit from different regions. It wasn't until the Gamecube that they started using software based region locking.

And I am being serious about buying all this stuff because when I do go to Japan will be when I have a much higher income in 5-10 years. At the rate I am going that will become a reality sooner rather than later. So hang in there!

Changing the region of your GameCube is as simple as putting in an SPST switch with 2 wires. That's how I got mine 2 weeks early (with Japanese Luigi's Mansion and US Rouge Squadron ftw!).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
I remember that. Rogue Squadron and Monkey Ball were both on sale before the GC released. I was playing the demo unit at ToysRThem and could not buy the system because it released the next week. But most of the copies of Monkey Ball and Rogue Squadron were sold out already.
My Game Collection