Author Topic: Nintendo and Microsoft to cooperate on the next console.  (Read 5226 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo and Microsoft to cooperate on the next console.
« on: June 13, 2003, 04:35:25 PM »
LMFAO!!!!  For those just tuning in, my stance on this is that this is complete BS.  Here's the evidence anyways.  I was immediately reminded of the Saemus Blackley interview where he said that the media loves to blow these things out of proportion.  I think this is about as likely as hell freezing over, but I thought I would share it with you guys for a laugh if nothing else.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 04:41:16 PM »
Ahh...some people just dream too much...

Although I would like to see Master Chief in SSB 3...
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 04:52:48 PM »
What the H.E.L.L.???!!!  Could this be true???!!!  I have no idea what to think about this, it could happen...

Offline Joey

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo and Microsoft to cooperate on the next console.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 04:59:47 PM »
While nothing is impossible I would like to see some a lot more evidence than this.  I also think if there was some stronger evidence bigger sites would have picked this up.

A major problem here is that the main part of Nintendo is in Japan and not America. I would think it would be their choice if the two companies joined forces not NOA.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 05:39:44 AM »
I saw this too, and frankly, the spong is not a site I have ever trusted.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 05:49:23 AM »
Id rather Nintendo teamed up with Sony and bitchslapped Microsoft out of the gaming industry. Microsoft are NOT a gaming company, they dont belong here.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 06:53:06 AM »
Funny thing is that hell has frozen over before many times already.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2003, 08:51:55 AM »
the thing is, it wouldnt be that bad if nintendo and microsoft used the same graphics chip and coding
make it like the nintendo gamecube and the panasonic gamecube
Microsoft could have the broadband adaptor, big harddrive, offer the internet and all the mature stuff
while nintendo could make there system basic, good enought to run all the games out there without the gaint harddrive and cable connections

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2003, 10:06:53 AM »
.......and in the process nintendo could lose the ability to be a first party?

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 04:32:17 PM »
It's possible, but not plausible. Microsoft acquires; they do not form alliances with competing companies. And Nintendo has stated several times in the past that they would like to remain first party. An alliance between Big M and N would result in a merging of philosophies, yet Microsoft and Nintendo have totally different marketing and development strategies. Microsoft is into all-in-one production, while Nintendo is about one-function systems. This collaboration would be a contradiction in the extreme.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2003, 07:31:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Id rather Nintendo teamed up with Sony and bitchslapped Microsoft out of the gaming industry. Microsoft are NOT a gaming company, they dont belong here.

Neither is Sony.  Personally, I would much rather see an alliance with Sega.  Sega might have the world's worst business sense, but they do know how to make games.

That being said, I think it's safe to say that this isn't happening anytime soon.  If I am wrong, I will eat a paper bag or something, but I am sure I won't be wrong.  Microsoft and Nintendo are polar opposites in philosophy.  The competition between them right now is quite fierce.  You will see MS bash Nintendo one week, then the next week, Nintendo will publish a new "Did you know?".

Guys, go listen to the Seamus Blackley interview again.  I think it's just like he said.  The industry is not a battlefield, and there are bound to be people who work at Nintendo and Microsoft that are friends.  By no means does this mean that an alliance is in the works.  I posted this for humor value is all.  None of the sites reporting this are reputable in any way.  Their evidence is EXTREMELY circumstancial, and they have nothing solid, other than MS and nVidia are too much alike to get along, and some Nintendo and Microsoft execs are friends.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 08:35:07 PM »
Yes but it would be a lot easier to wipe out Microsoft than Sony. Nintendo + Microsoft wouldnt be enough to beat Sony i dont think. Meh... whatever.. i guess anything can happen *looks over at conker on xbox* :'(

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:03:16 PM »
Imagine MS&S... Bah, what a waste of perfectly good silicon...

Offline Nintega

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2003, 10:50:25 PM »
I had the same thought of Nintendo and Sega doing a console together.  It wouldn't be a merger so both companies are freely to develop whatever title they like.  The only thing they'd split down the middle is the hardware cost and profits and 3rd party licenese fee.  Easier said than done but I think it's a good way if Sega wanted to get back in the hardware business.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2003, 11:51:30 PM »
Sega can't foot the cost of another console even at half price.  Nintendo would be taking a disportionate amount of risk as Sega is not a stable company. If Sega was to fall over half way through, Nintendo would be left with the check. Such mergers are only needed when the project is too big for any one company. For example, telecommunications. When they lay a ultra high band width under sea cable, each telcommunication company who would like access pays for part of it. Since no one company can economically build one on thier own it works out nicely.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2003, 03:47:55 AM »
I'd like a console with Nintendo, Sega and Namco. The Nintendo Triforce.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2003, 05:51:48 PM »
Actually a console made by Nintendo, Sega and Namco would mean the name would be:
"The Namsegendo Triforce"
Hahahaha.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2003, 02:29:38 AM »
that Seamus Blackly interveiw is awsome, everyone should listen to it. Must be a slow news week for this sort of tripe to be posted ;P

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2003, 07:51:15 AM »
I sent this to one of the guys at teh Inquirer

To whom it may concern:

While reading your article, I noticed several flaws in your logic. First, you are basing a large amount of your article on a rumor started by a sight making a rumor. As of this time, there is no compelling evidence that Microsoft or Nintendo has or ever will join together to create a console together. Is it conceivable to say that ATi will provide chips for both companies, yes it is. But to state as fact that the two companies have already or will join together is a bit overboard, considering the evidence.

The evidence consists of someone at the spong claiming that he saw people from Nintendo and Microsoft talking together. Sure, it could sound weird, but it is not uncommon for business men who work so close to each other to know and talk to each other, as most likely they know each other on their own time. To suggest that by association of several employees, that the companies are together is more than a stretch to say the least.

As for the rest of the article, it is plausible that nvidia is being dumped, but the fact that nvidia does not currently have an Intel license does not mean that they never will. Remember last time around, they were granted a one time license to produce the chipset for xbox, never did they have a license before from Intel.

Just my thoughts on the subject,

RI Smith  

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2003, 10:27:02 AM »
manunited, way to spoil the fun

These reports may be just misinformation, but imagine what it's doing to nVidia's reputation. Saying Microsoft is going to dump them, and that they no longer have a license to work with Intel. Methinks nVidia is in big trouble...Go ATI!
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2003, 11:32:08 AM »
This is a rumor and should be thought of as a rumor until it is proven otherwise, therefore I see no reason to make a big deal about something such as this. I highly doubt that Nintendo would ever align itself with Microsoft unless the company had a really good reason for doing it.

The Doc  

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2003, 01:14:10 PM »
Nintendo would not touch Micosoft with your dick.

Lets see, a game loving, slightly idealistic company like Nintendo is going to get in bed with, 'give me more money mmmm....  I love money cant get enough chomp chomp chomp money love it give it to me, stuff my face with it mmmmm...' Gates.  Can not see it happening.  The philosophies of the two companies is just too different.

Grey Ninja said it best when he said it was BS.
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2003, 11:59:35 PM »
Well of f*cking course its not true, no-one said it was. We're just mucking around, man i hate people who take things too seriously.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2003, 01:38:02 AM »
I am very naive.
Does that make me serious whenever i say something?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence