Author Topic: You guys ever play Cannon Fodder?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
You guys ever play Cannon Fodder?
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:09:56 AM »
First off, the definition of cannon fodder basically means "food for cannons." And that's basically how it is. I use to play this game all the time back in the day, when computers only had those big floppy disk drives. The game was absolutely hilarious and I'd describe it to you, but I think this site does a better job (you can also download from there).

Games4Win

War Has Never Been So Much Fun!

Cannon Fodder is a true amiga classic, fast-paced, friendly and humorous.

Colorful graphics, humorous style, lots of nice, tiny, cute animation and sound. Tons of character, lotsa weapons and gadgets and puzzle-like level design.

Guide a team of up to four soldiers through 72 levels of combat in this top-down action/strategy hybrid, best thought of as Lemmings crossed with Commando crossed with Dune 2.

Objectives and gameplay structure is simple: you are in control of a small band of soldiers which are controled either as a whole, or individually. Left click moves, right shoots with rifles, both activate special weapon (grenade/bazooka). Simply enough, the soldiers have plain objectives: destroy all buildings or more commonly go to place A from B, or kill all soldiers in the map. Simple and fast action. The correct resources must be used in the right place and time.

Cannon Fodder Includes:

* A huge selection of hardware for maximum military mayhem: bazookas, grenades, jeeps, skidoos, tanks and helicopters.
   * 72 levels from deserts to icy wastes.

If you like maiming, killing and mindless violence, here's your chance to wipe out all 360 men in your own army, not to mention the enemy. War has never been so much fun!

It's only a megabyte, so you can imagine th graphix. Still, this game holds a special place in my heart.

EDIT: The download I linked to was actually a Sega MegaDrive Emulator version. Here is the Dos version.
black fairy tales are better at sports

RE:You guys ever play Cannon Fodder?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:24:52 PM »
Sure did!  Played it back on the Jaguar.  Don't remember much about it, but I do remember giggling unashamedly at the hilarious death cries.  
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: You guys ever play Cannon Fodder?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 05:22:51 AM »
I remember hearding about it but I never played it. Anybody ever play Capture the Flag?  That was a fun game!
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level