Author Topic: Cannot change signature  (Read 3084 times)

Offline SkiDragon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Cannot change signature
« on: November 24, 2007, 03:45:11 PM »
When I made my account, I initially tried to copy my signature over from another forum. This did not work out quite how I had hoped. I tried editing it, and was able to once or twice, but now I cannot edit it at all. This has been going on since I first made my account a couple of months ago. As you can see my signature is a mess.
The specific error message it gives me:

Forum Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.

To go back to the main forum page please click here.

ERROR INFORMATION:
Parameter 2 of function Left which is now -2 must be a positive integer
The error occurred on line 354.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE: Cannot change signature
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:36:04 PM »
I have the same problem only its with my first post in the OFFICIAL Wii Rumor Thread.

My guess is that it is a hyperlinking setup error that won't let me edit the post anymore.
I've contacted the site already, but have not heard back yet(2 weeks and counting).

If someone figures out how to fix it, can you stat with the Rumor Thread?

Offline SkiDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 06:33:08 PM »
You are lucky it's only one post and not something that gets stuck onto the end of every post that you make. I also "notified the administrator" when it first happened, but never heard anything back.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »
Well it does make it a little dificult to keep up the MEGA thread that is the Wii Rumor Thread.
I can't add anymore new rumors to the 1st post, and I can't update the date at which the last real rumor was added.

But I know Crimm or Pale is on the case and they will have it solved soon....
......Crimm...........Pale.............are you guys there......hello?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Cannot change signature
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:39:37 PM »
When the error message talks about parameters then perhaps its a bug in the forum software (which isn't their own but a bought product).

I think the problem is upstream (meaning Fusetalk, not the forums itself), but until you provide more info about what is occurring (and what you are doing at the time) the chances of a solution are slim.

BnM: Post some error details. If the bug is reproducible then that's a great help.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:38:59 PM »
I cleared it, try it now.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 04:06:46 AM »
All I'm doing is clicking on "edit" at the bottom of the first postin the Rumor thread and this is what happens:

Forum Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.

To go back to the main forum page please click here.

ERROR INFORMATION:
Parameter 2 of function Left which is now -1 must be a positive integer
The error occurred on line 261.

I think it has to do with the very last link posted in the 1st post. If a Mod could edit the link then that might fix the error.

Offline SkiDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »
Thanks. I am able to change it now, but I am a bit worried that it will just happen again. Whoever is paying for this forum software should rethink the investment. I am pretty sure there are free alternatives that aren't so finicky about editing.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »
I think we downloaded this software off BitTorrent, and missed the packets for the search system.  If it happens again shoot me a PM, I'll wipe the sig and we can try again.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report