Author Topic: Changing our name/handle??  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Changing our name/handle??
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:30:33 AM »
I know a while ago some people changed their handles here (bill -> bill aurian, nitsujdark -> nitsu something or other) but I somehow missed the boat...

Anyway..I would love to drop the zero off my name and be just Pale.  If a mod can hook me up, I'd be happy... =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Changing our name/handle??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:59:25 AM »
If this is indeed possible, (and not a pain in the butt for the mods) I would like to go from 'kingvudu' to just plain ol' 'vudu'.  I lost my status as a nobleman.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 01:04:07 PM »
I changed a name once--it is possible--but other mods didn't seem to appreciate my doing it.  I don't have a problem with it if we limit it to, like, ONCE per person, and have some sort of thread noting name changes (so people know who is who).  And force them to mention it in their signature for the first 3 months.  Uh, yeah.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 01:53:33 PM »
Heh, ok...well if any of you mods feel like being nice... I still think everyone would know who I am if you changed it to Pale, seeing as i would use the same avatar and its so close to my original name...  =)

You already mocked me with my title... =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:08:51 PM »
PaleZer0 > Pale

A while back I wanted to change my name, but I grew to love it.  I could have changed my name back when everyone else was doing it I AM NOT A ROBOT but I chose to keep KnowsNothing.  I no longer read it as "Knows Nothing" but as one word that just means "me."  A little strange, I guess, but at least to me it's not as tacky and stupid as it used to sound.  Plus, whenever I act like an idiot I can fall back on my name.  "Hay, what did you expect?"
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 11:53:32 PM »
What prevents you from simply making a new account and using the same avatar and signature?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 12:53:08 PM »
Can you change wandering_nintendo_fan's handle, too?  It's too long and it messes up the columns when he posts.  It makes me sad.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 02:05:01 PM »
Plus he even asked about how to fix it himself once too...
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 02:00:43 PM »
"Can you change wandering_nintendo_fan's handle, too?  It's too long and it messes up the columns when he posts.  It makes me sad."

Yes indeed. Would it be possible to have my name changed to just 'wandering'?
I have my full name in my signature and everything.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 04:02:13 PM »
Changes made, but for some reason your avatar links were truncated.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »
Heh, thanks!

When I came to the forums they gave me some weird cookie error and then I couldn't log in (cause my name was different)

I thought I got banned or something until I noticed you changed it for me.  
---------------------

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 01:42:22 PM »
Awesome. Thank you.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 01:57:17 PM »
Hmm... Anyway I can get mine changed to "Arbok"? As it's my handle on every forum except this one, not sure why I first went with something else when I first signed up here.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 02:43:13 PM »
Done
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Changing our name/handle??
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 02:55:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
Done

Wow, that was fast, thank you. Not to be a pain, I hope, but is there anyway I could get my custom title changed back to "Toho Mikado"?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 09:37:26 PM »
Perhaps after a while.  The main thing I want to avoid is people getting confused, and your change was pretty different.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 08:13:05 AM »

Originally posted by: PaleWhen I came to the forums they gave me some weird cookie error and then I couldn't log in (cause my name was different)

I thought I got banned or something until I noticed you changed it for me.  
Same thing happened to me.  Thanks Bloodworth.  Don't let anyone ever try to tell you that you aren't the man.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 07:09:24 PM »
Can I change my name to Bloodworth?  (Just teasing!!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 02:29:07 AM »
can my name be "nephilim"
I kinda stopped using deadlyd a few months after jioning and I kinda dislike the name now
thanks

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 03:01:35 AM »
Not deadly enough anymore d? bahahaha
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 10:37:47 AM »
it was a silly hiphop phase of my life lol  

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 11:35:10 AM »
I just noticed that when you're in the main Trivia Results thread list, the thread for Planet Trivia Results for 04/08/2005 shows the last post is by kingvudu and not just vudu.  Not sure why.  It doesn't really affect anything, I just wanted to point it out.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 04:55:02 AM »
It probably just means that the last post data is stored as a string, instead of a index pointing at your user name...

So you made that post as kingvudu, it logged the last post as kingvudu, and then your name was changed.  No biggie.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 08:22:19 AM »
Other threads that either (a) I started or (b) I was the last poster show up at vudu even if said post was prior to my name change.  I don't understand why it would be different for this one post.  As I said, no biggie, I just don't understand why.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 08:30:08 AM »
Oh, that is puzzling then...
---------------------