Author Topic: Wind Waker: Pictographer(spoilers?)  (Read 7781 times)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wind Waker: Pictographer(spoilers?)
« on: April 09, 2003, 11:28:59 AM »
Ok. I feel really guilty asking for help. Up to now i havent looked at a strategy guide once. I still havent, but i need YOUR help! *uncle sam points finger* I have seached HIGH and LOW and in the MIDDLE even, but i cannot figure out the first task the pictographer wants me to complete! He says he wants a picture of someone who writes love letters non-stop and never learns love's cruelest lesson: rejection. i dont know who he's talking about. PLEASE help me SOMEONE. its driving me INSANE! i got enough of that from Eternal Darkness...  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 11:35:06 AM »
This thread is approved by PGC for all discussion of Pictography side quests.  

P.S.  They'll need to mail those letters somehow you know....
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 11:36:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
This thread is approved by PGC for all discussion of Pictography side quests.  

P.S.  They'll need to mail those letters somehow you know....

yes mailing.........
and remember to be far away.......
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Voodoo

• View Profile
Wind Waker: Pictographer(spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 02:15:03 AM »
Alright, I tried to take pictures of the moon for that guy sitting on the steps... the one who looks at the mooon every night. but he says that isn't what he wants a picture of. and I can't think of what he is talking about now.  Any help?  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 06:47:40 PM »
 The picture has to be in colour and the moon should be in its full moon phase.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 08:37:18 PM »
First of, Caliban, i thought the tempest was shakespears best, very fun story.

Second, i dont know what to take pictures of at all, what is the person the guy is talking about to take a picture of, when you first show him you have gotten the regular pictobox.  I have no idea.  Can you tell me what and where i am supposed to photograph, something about someone mailing letters.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 12:56:06 PM »
 In windfall island did you ever encounter during daytime a man walking in direction to the mail box coming from the stairs near Junari's shop(eskimo)? If you didn't then let me tell you that he asks if the mailman has arrived already. This man is the one you should take a picture of but to do so you will have to put yourself in a certain distance (preferably in a high place where he can not see you) and take a picture of him putting a letter in the mailbox. It might take some time until he gets to the mailbox bu that's about it.

My forum/videogame name is "Caliban" but i only chose this name because i was looking for some cool name to be used as my forum/videogame name, i know it's from some Shakespear literature work but I didn't even bother to read it I only investigated the character from that work and i also know that there is some god from the helenic(greek) or roman or maybe some other culture that goes by the same name.

Offline Voodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 04:56:19 PM »
minor spoiler-

Is it just me or did taking those three pictures for that guy turn out to be a waste of time. I didn't think he gave very much for the work... Maybe I missed something, but a joy pendent kinda sucks, oh well, taking pictures was something different to do I guess...

Offline Eminem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 08:37:51 PM »
Actually after you take those 3 pictures you then have to talk to him again. He then asks you to find a multi colored firefly. You can find the firefly in the Forest Haven. Once you get it, take it back to the pictographer and he'll upgrade your picto box to a deluxe picto box, which can take color pictures. And with color pictures, you can start making figurines for the Nintendo Gallery.
I'm Infinite

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 01:20:12 PM »
Yeah, and after you bring him the firefly he'll start to bring you... The Legendary Pictographs. Which leads me to my next question. Does good old Lenzo give you a Legendary Picto of Valoo or do I need to trek all the way to the top of Dragon Roost and get one for my self, which I'm not all that certain is possible? I could keep asking the guy, but sometimes he offers you one that you already have and then you have to WAIT another day.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 01:34:07 PM »
It's a bit hard to get the mail guy precisely right.  There was a guide to this part in an EGM poster, and I just used that to get the angle right.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
RE: Wind Waker: Pictographer(spoilers)
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 12:33:16 PM »
I actually found the love letter guy really easy to get a picture of!  Don't mean to brag, I just think it's interesting how different people will run into trouble in totally different parts of a game.

Anyway, to the point: Does anyone have a strategy for getting figurines of ALL of the pirates?  I'm halfway through my second quest and it looks to me like I might have to play through one or two more if I want every figure...
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 10:10:28 PM »
Just get Tetra's figurine. The rest should come with her.
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2003, 07:05:55 PM »
Thanks Ridley, I wish I'd known that before!  I wasted my chance to get a photo of Quill by taking pictures of the other pirates at the beginning of my second quest.  Oh well!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX