Author Topic: Are all Nintendo-published Wii games still in production?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Are all Nintendo-published Wii games still in production?
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I can't think of anywhere else to go...

Is every single one of Nintendo's published Wii games still being produced and sold in stores? I've been looking for WarioWare: Smooth Moves for some time now and I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't recall ever finding Excite Truck either. Are the earlier releases no longer in production, or am I just not looking in the right places?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Are all Nintendo-published Wii games still in production?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »
Check Amazon.com if you can. I have Wario Ware Smooth Moves on my wish list and they offer it for 30 dollars or less.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:08:59 AM »
A lot of earlier published games are not being printed anymore, however a lot of game stores still have excess stock of older games.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Check Amazon.com if you can. I have Wario Ware Smooth Moves on my wish list and they offer it for 30 dollars or less.
I have never bought anything from Amazon before, maybe I should check it out. Thanks.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 04:31:21 PM »
Amazon is great. I buy almost all of my games there. Free shipping FTW!

Plus they have deals all the time so just wishlist everything you want and then check it every Friday (I think that's when they change the weekly/weekend deals) to snipe the best deals.

Plus you can have multiple wishlists and make some public and some private. I have a public one I let people see if they want to get me a gift and I have a private one with all the new games I want and another list with all the older/retro games I want. Plus I like their user marketplace better than eBay.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »
The thing with Amazon is that it isn't really shopping, it's cheating. I want to go to the store, I want to browse the shelves, I want to stumble upon the deals and sales. I don't want to just submit a list and wait to be notified of the sales, then have it all shipped to me. Where's the suspense? Where's the mystery? Where's the excitement? It's no fun.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
The thing with Amazon is that it isn't really shopping, it's cheating. I want to go to the store, I want to browse the shelves, I want to stumble upon the deals and sales. I don't want to just submit a list and wait to be notified of the sales, then have it all shipped to me. Where's the suspense? Where's the mystery? Where's the excitement? It's no fun.

You have to go on your list and actively look for deals. At least I do it that way. I don;t even know if I can get notifications of new deals on wishlisted items.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

Mop_It_up is officially the weirdest person on the forums. ;)

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

Uh, thanks, I guess?
I don't see what's so weird about liking to shop. It's similar to people who like to hunt. Do you think they are weird because they could instead just go to the store and buy ground beef?

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »

Cheapassgamer.com should have you covered.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »

Uh, thanks, I guess?
I don't see what's so weird about liking to shop. It's similar to people who like to hunt. Do you think they are weird because they could instead just go to the store and buy ground beef?

*In a Steve Irwin Impression Voice*
Crikey! Lookit the size of that wild game deal! Ain't she a beauty!
Normally, these types of deals you only find at specialty game shops but this lucky day there be a HUGE deal migrating through the local Wal-Mart! But it looks like I'm a bit late, as a flock of rabid consumers are bearing down on the unsuspecting deals and employees like a pack of gorillas. Let's take a closer look and see how the situation pans out...
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

Uh, thanks, I guess?

I like to shop to, but if I want to play a game, I well, um, want to play the game so I'll get it where I can especially out of print games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
Cheapassgamer.com should have you covered.
Already register'd, but it's more fun to actually go to stores and be surprised by what's on sale.

*In a Steve Irwin Impression Voice*
Crikey! Lookit the size of that wild game deal! Ain't she a beauty!
Normally, these types of deals you only find at specialty game shops but this lucky day there be a HUGE deal migrating through the local Wal-Mart! But it looks like I'm a bit late, as a flock of rabid consumers are bearing down on the unsuspecting deals and employees like a pack of gorillas. Let's take a closer look and see how the situation pans out...
Finally somebody gets it.
I don't shop at Wal*Mart, I can't stand that place. Best Buy has specials every week, I usually stop by there every week to see what's going on.

I like to shop to, but if I want to play a game, I well, um, want to play the game so I'll get it where I can especially out of print games.
Buying things online is a last resort, but these days it's pretty much mandatory for all older systems. I suppose Wii has been out long enough now where its older games aren't going to be in stores anymore.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »

There's always the "exciting" possibility of your order getting screwed up, lost, stolen, or damaged.
is your sanity...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »
I actually know a couple of people that got burned by retail. A few electronic that were sold as new but instead they were defective returns, a brand new game box that was actually a resealed return with a fake disc, or a game console box with no console inside except some random item to add some weight.

There's always a possibility of something going wrong but I never had any online order gone wrong on me in the past 2 years of being a faithful amazon customer.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
There's always the "exciting" possibility of your order getting screwed up, lost, stolen, or damaged.
It isn't so exciting because I'm not directly involved in it.

I actually know a couple of people that got burned by retail. A few electronic that were sold as new but instead they were defective returns, a brand new game box that was actually a resealed return with a fake disc, or a game console box with no console inside except some random item to add some weight.
You've just listed a reason why I don't shop at Wal*Mart. The one near me is very shady.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »
That may be your Walmart (they actually changed their name a few months ago from "wal-Mart" to "Walmart"), but Walmart is not the type of store that would re-wrap returned games.

GameStop on the other hand, they are known to do this.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
Any store in a shady neighborhood like mine does such things.

I don't buy new games from GameStop, only used games. Because to them there is no difference.
ZING!