Author Topic: Super Mario Kart Mafia  (Read 27897 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Kart Mafia
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »
In as Dry Bowser.

We need to throw bones at the other players together.

Look at what I found while looking for an avatar. Is Birdo singing a song while Dry Bones is doing a dance routine? Or vice versa? Or is Birdo Vanna White presenting Dry Bones?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:12:44 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
I will be in as Mario Kart GP Star BLINKY.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »
I got to play the Mario Kart GP arcade game once at Disney World. I always wished they'd port it to consoles. I'm hoping for a release on VC Arcade though it is unlikeley.

Also, what is your current avater from, DrewMG? It looks very familiar.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »
Look at what I found while looking for an avatar. Is Birdo singing a song while Dry Bones is doing a dance routine? Or vice versa? Or is Birdo Vanna White presenting Dry Bones?
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww295/SuperStratos/drybonesandbirdo.jpg
I think you're looking into their poses too much. That image is just to show the two new characters in Mario Party 7, they just threw together two pieces of artwork and a logo.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/BirdoMP7.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/DryBones.jpg

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »
Wow, someone's a Debbie Downer. :(

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »
I will slowly be returning to regularly scheduled programs shortly.

I'm in. Also, since I will be the only other person with mod powers, I "volunteer" to start and end each day.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated! I will send a PM. To clarify to everyone else, Khush does not have access to any information and cannot flip the game in any way. Similar to how DaaMaan64 handled it with Mario Kart Mafia, its just literally call the end of day and open the new thread and then hand over to me.

Plugabugz are the items team specific? I know in the original game that was one way that the Blue team deduced Red and Green teams.

The items will be specific as before. I will be updating the list above now to accommodate this.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:01:51 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
We already have almost double the turnout compared to Mario Kart Mafia. I may make a change to one of the rules to stop the game dragging.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »
I will slowly be returning to regularly scheduled programs shortly.

I'm in. Also, since I will be the only other person with mod powers, I "volunteer" to start and end each day.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated! I will send a PM. To clarify to everyone else, Khush does not have access to any information and cannot flip the game in any way. Similar to how DaaMaan64 handled it with Mario Kart Mafia, its just literally call the end of day and open the new thread and then hand over to me.

Plugabugz are the items team specific? I know in the original game that was one way that the Blue team deduced Red and Green teams.

The items will be specific as before. I will be updating the list above now to accommodate this.

OK thanks for the clarification.:)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »
Also, what is your current avater from, DrewMG? It looks very familiar.

It's from Ico, one of my all time favorite games.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »
June 22nd 6am I will be in the air to South Korea, after that I will lost in Korea for a few days, I can't play this game.  Sorry guys because I want to support Plugabugz awesome game design.  He inspired me so much with the first game.

I guess until next time...adios

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »
Maybe Plugabugz can push it back to the 1st of July.When do you think you play Spak?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:30 PM »
You were just complaining that he hadn't started the game yet and now you want to delay it for one player?  I protest, good sir.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww295/SuperStratos/drybonesandbirdo.jpg
I think you're looking into their poses too much. That image is just to show the two new characters in Mario Party 7, they just threw together two pieces of artwork and a logo.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/BirdoMP7.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/DryBones.jpg

I still say Birdo is presenting Dry Bones as the awesomest guy evar. ;)

Though I never noticed it before, Birdo has a huge diamond ring on her finger. Is it bling or is she engaged?

You were just complaining that he hadn't started the game yet and now you want to delay it for one player?  I protest, good sir.

While I'd love to stall the game for Spak to play, is it entirely fair to hold everything several weeks for one person? I guess it depends on what Plugabugz says. Though, do we even know when Spak will be able to get back on again? It could be longer than the 1st.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »
I still say Birdo is presenting Dry Bones as the awesomest guy evar. ;)

Though I never noticed it before, Birdo has a huge diamond ring on her finger. Is it bling or is she engaged?
First off, Dry Bones is dead. It doesn't have any physical characteristics which point to which sex it might have been. Just pointing that out.

How could you not notice Birdo’s ring with how huge it is? The ring is kind of a mystery, it just appeared one game without any explanation. The game was Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour where a lot of little alterations to Birdo took place, such as adding the yellow pads on his feet, his more upright stance, etc. Now obviously these types of things were added because the GameCube allowed for more detailed graphics, and they took advantage of that. But you see a ring like that and you have to wonder what its significance could be within the context of the game.

There’s no official answer given of course, so it is up for interpretation based on what little we know. It could just be Birdo bought the ring for himself; after all, a ring like that isn’t dissimilar from something a transvestite would have on. But we also know that Yoshi and Birdo are a couple as evidenced by the Japanese Mario Kart Double Dash!! website, where the description for Birdo translates to something along the lines of “Appears to be Yoshi’s girlfriend, but is actually his boyfriend?!” It isn’t a wedding ring because Yoshi isn’t also wearing a ring, but it could be an engagement ring or maybe just a gift. We’ll never know for sure.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
LOL, I knew Yoshi and Birdo were tennis buddies, but I didn't know they were that serious.

Do we even have clarification outside of the cartoon that Yoshi is male or female or could Yoshi be genderless? Afterall, Yoshis reproduce asexually. Like Godzilla.

Also, why did we have to clarify Dry Bones' lack of a clear gender?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
Yoshi is an enigma. Officially he is always referred to as a male... though we have never seen the female of his species (there is also no official word that "Yoshi" is the name of the species, same with Birdo). How can we be so sure they exist?

There is no evidence that Yoshi reproduces asexually. Yoshi lays eggs after he eats something, but these eggs don't contain baby Yoshi's and are probably excrement. We've never seen Yoshi lay an egg which hatches a baby dinosaur.

Personally I think Yoshi is a hermaphrodite. Seems to be the most logical fit based on what little we know.

Also, why did we have to clarify Dry Bones' lack of a clear gender?
Because you should know me better than that by now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:38:04 PM by Mop_it_up »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »
I know, I just wanted to know it if was just you being you or because I referred to Dry Bones as a guy a few posts back.

I still think Yoshi's reproduce asexually. Like Godzilla. Yoshi was probably conceived as a cartoony version of Godzilla. Yoshi is more dragon than dinosaur, though. Breathes fire and can fly and all that.
My Game Collection

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »
I'm taking Peach.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
I don't know what evidence there is to support Yoshi being asexual, but there's also nothing against it either.

Yoshi has been officially referred to as a dinosaur, and he can't breathe fire or fly on his own. Those are an effect of swallowing a certain colour of turtle shell.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »
I don't know what evidence there is to support Yoshi being asexual, but there's also nothing against it either.

Yoshi has been officially referred to as a dinosaur, and he can't breathe fire or fly on his own. Those are an effect of swallowing a certain colour of turtle shell.

In English. Original Japanese referres to him as a dragon.

Also, the Yoshi coins in Mario World are referred to as dragon coins.

And the smash ball gives Yoshi those powers as well. Whether they come by special power or not they are traits of his...
Should we move this over to our thread, Mop it up? We've completely derailed this topic. I don't want to take away from Mafia preperations.

I'll dig it up.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 08:15:55 AM »
Don't change plans because of me, I don't know what my schedule or life is going to be like in Korea yet, so I don't know how much time I can dedicate to play mafia.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 08:32:11 AM »
Well I guess that resolved that.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »
Where's GP? She has been logging in but hasn't posted in over 10 days.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »

I talked to her, but do not know how much I am permitted to share because I didn't think to ask.
There are certain things going on in 'The Real World' that need her attention right now.

I'll ask her if I'm permitted to share it with you all.
My Game Collection

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »

I talked to her, but do not know how much I am permitted to share because I didn't think to ask.
There are certain things going on in 'The Real World' that need her attention right now.

I'll ask her if I'm permitted to share it with you all.

Sex change?

Frozen Shoe Games