Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!  (Read 29870 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:52:44 AM »
Just yesterday Mike Tyson had defeated the feared Piston Honda, now he was standing in the ring ready to face one of the Little Mac Clones.

::the bell rang::

The two fighters faced each other (or should I say the Little Mac Clone had to face up at Tyson). Before he could even react the Little Mac Clone was hit square with a devastating uppercut, he could do nothing but fall. He was not getting up again.

Little Mac Clone, codename Gylldas was out for the 10 count.

>>>>>>>

“This can’t be” shouted Doc Louis in his locker as he watched the results of the last match on his personal TV. He only had two Little Mac Clones left.  The next match was about to begin as Doc Louis watched helplessly in his locker room as Little Mac Clone, codename oohhboy stood face to face with the dreaded Sandman.

“At least he is being welled to drop this match” Doc Louis thought to himself trying to alleviate some of the fear he had.

On the screen the Little Mac Clone took uppercuts from Sandman.

“What is that fool doing?!?!? He better not win this fight”

Little Mac Clone tried to retaliated but it was all for nothing, he was out.

“NOOOOOOO!” yelled Doc Louis.

“What is the problem” said Mr. Dream as he heard the window shattering scream.

“That fool Sandman didn’t throw the fight. He will pay. You know what to do right?” said Doc Louis

“Once again, with pleasure” said Mr. Dream as he disappeared into the locker room.

“I’ve had it with these pathetic clones” screeched Doc Louis as he went to his safe. After opening it he
pulled out a strange device.

“Worthless they all are” said Doc Louis as he pushed the button.

>>>>>>>

While making his way back to his locker room, oohhboy felt a squeeze on his brain. Before he knew it, he well, knew nothing. Even at the hospital where some of the Little Macs were kept, there were reports of the life drifting away from them, then nothing. What had Doc Louis done?!?!

>>>>>>>>

Super Macho Man was celebrating in the ring after toppling Soda Popskinski to win the heavyweight title.

“All that is left is for the big man to reclaim what is his, the world title.” Said Super Macho Man, sometimes referred to as Pale, out loud.

>>>>>>

This was it, the moment Tyson had been waiting for, his turn to fight for the championship of the world. On the opposite side of the corner was his arch rival Mr. Dream.

“It is time to give you a nightmare Tyson” snarled Mr. Dream.

“We’ll see punk” replied Tyson

They met in the center with stares that would drop the King of Koopas himself!

::ring::

The fight was on.

An upper cut from Tyson missed which was reciprocated by a blow from Mr. Dream.

Tyson staggered back, but regained his footing.

He hit his left jab which connected with the gut of Mr. Dream.

“Oomph” said Mr. Dream who recovered fairly quickly with a left hook himself which connected right square in the head of Tyson.

Tyson fell down.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9…….he was up!

“This will teach you” said Mr. Dream as a knee connected in the family coins of Mike Tyson.
Tyson grimaced in pain, but did not complain.

“So that is how you want to fight?” said Tyson who with lightning fast reflexes that even the referee could not see chomped down hard on the right ear of Mr. Dream.

“Mmm, crunchy” said Tyson as Mr. Dream howled in pain. That was short lived though as Tyson hit a devastating uppercut that sent Mr. Dream 8 ft off the mat. He crashed down, lifeless.

1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Ding ding ding!

“Your winner and new World Champion…………….Mike Tyson” said the announcer.

Tyson held his belt up high. His dream had come true once again.

>>>>>>meanwhile outside of the arena>>>>>>>

Little Mac Senior was sitting outside of the entrance with other adoring fans when he seen Tyson emerge with the belt.

It ripped his heart apart knowing his son was still in the hospital and that Mike Tyson was once again champion, but in a way he was happy because he knew the tournament was saved from the clutches of the now diabolical Doc Louis.

As Tyson was making his way to the Limo about a block away he seen come out of the entrance, can it be? Doc Louis on his infamous bicycle with a crazed look in his heading straight for the new champion! He couldn’t do anything to stop him, since he was relegated to a wheel chair because of that same insane individual.

>>>>>>
“Oh you are going to get it Tyson” said Doc Louis as he was racing towards the new champion on his bike.

“Noa you are not” said a voice.

“what th…..” before he could utter another word he felt something hit his head. His bike spilled over and he was face down on the concrete.

When he turned over, he saw over him. It can’t be. But no it could not be anyone else, that red hat and mustache gave him away. It was the owner of the Punch-Out!! Tournament…………..MARIO.

“I a been watching you. Me no alike statements made in locker room early in a tournament. Made me say a “Mama mia” and I runa away. I do a anything to stop your power playa. Even through a banana peel in front of sabotage man. It a ends here”

Doc Louis was lifted up by his shoulders by two toads.

“You have the right to remain silent Mr. Doc Louis. You are being charged with trying to sabotage the Punch-Out!! Tournament and unlawful elimination of persons under your control”

“That Mario was stalking me the whole time! I can’t believe the gall of him! I will be back” Doc Louis threatened.

“No you won’t” said a very unfamiliar voice behind him. The guards turned him around and he was facing, a woman? “What kind of joke is this?” laughed Doc Louis

“I am Big Bertha, and I was told by Mario himself that women will now be allowed in this tournament, and I do not need goomba scum like you ruining it for us” with that all he seen was pink as a glove came smashing into his face.  He was out like an emptied coin block.

They say that deep in the Mushroom Kingdom asylum you can hear Doc Louis say “A woman can’t topple me. Me am tough, I am Doc Louger, or is it Little Mac? ” repeating for days at a time.

The Punch-Out!! Tournament continued and to this day retains a pristine glow of integrity.

Results:

oohhboy: Little Mac Clone taken out by vote.
Gylldas: Little Mac Clone, taken out by Mike Tyson himself.

Remaining roles, mafia wins by having same number as townies

Mike Tyson: The Perm
Pale: Super Macho Man
nickmitch: townie
insanolord: Great Tiger
TheNorthSea: Doc Louis
vudu: Mr. Dream

Hope you guys had fun. In this thread you can discuss who should be MVP, PM your votes for MVP to me by Friday night at 10pm PST. Anyone that played can vote!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:53:20 AM »
To begin I want to thank everyone that participated, we actually made it through without any major problems and had a great game of mafia too! It was down to the wire right to the end with comebacks from both side. It has been fun for me to actually write my first fiction story in almost TEN yes TEN years. Hopefully it wasn't too bad. Anyway let's get to it:

The Great, the proud, the MVP

I am going to throw in my two cents as to who the MVP should be and really it is between two players, Vudu and Pale. While it was clear to me that both teams lacked coordination these two players were doing their best to spin the game their way and were making headway. They both were prompt in sending in their actions and were involved with the game, especially towards the end helping their teams! So great job guys, you both were excellent

The good

Maxi and TheNorthSea, both did a good job, though in different ways. I was pleased as to how Maxi held himself emotionally in this game and he was always active. While NorthSea may not have the been the most active in the threads he was always on time in getting his protections in and because of his vudu was spared from a mafia hit!

Great job guys

The Bad

Really I was disappointed in both teams, ESPECIALLY the mafia from what I understand they had poor communication with players doing their own thing. What really was dissapointing was that one of their powers went unused when there was a chance it could have uncovered the doctor or the investigator. If not for Pale I think this team would have lost big time.

Ugly

I was extremely disappointed in the few people who barely participated in the game. Not only does it hurt your team but it ruins the game as a whole. One of the biggest offenders was Stogi skipping the game altogether and even going out without using his power. If you don't plan on playing, don't join! I do blame myself though for giving Stogi the Little Mac Prime role, I thought it would get him into the game but sadly it didn't and it hurt his team.

Honorable mentions

First I want to thank Greg for taking time out of his busy podcast schedule for taking his first plunge in mafia. While he was new I think he fit right in and even got into the spirit of things! I see a potential mafia MVP contender down the line!

Attitudes were also great this game. Besides a few minor things everyone treated it like a game, and really I don't think that is much to ask!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:07:56 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:06:52 AM »
Well done to Perm, Pale & Insanolord for winning and surviving to the end and also to BFS & Yoshidious. It sucks I was taken out too early to play any real part in this, but I'm glad you guys pulled it off.

The Bad

Really I was disappointed in both teams, ESPECIALLY the mafia from what I understand they had poor communication with players doing their own thing.

Yeah, this seemed pretty evident early on. Oh well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:25:48 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:21:31 AM »
I feel played once again.  I felt like something was going on, but I couldn't figure it out, but Pale got me this time like vudu had gotten me before.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 03:28:14 AM »
since i can't nominate myself so i nominate Mop_it_up, i decided to knock you out and it wasn't because of how you were playing. You were just a random townie to eliminate. Sorry.

All the mafia was good, they all gave me great advice. Blackfootsteps gave me some good advice until he got eliminated, and it might have been my fault. Pale was like the Godfather trainer. We had 3 of our guys knocked out in a row, but we came back. Pale was hilarious the last day basically an argument was started between 2 townies to vote out, while another townie was on the back burner to be mafia hit.

Also, wow it is way different playing on the mafia side. This was the first time being mafia for me let alone the godfather.

also this is what competitors saw as i knocked them out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzVXC15Zxpo

and I told great tiger to investigate 2 days ago, i told him he could wait a day if he wanted to. I had some troubles getting online so i had to rush over to best buy to use their computers. That sucked.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:38:38 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 03:43:07 AM »
I knew Pale was Mafia. I just knew it. Too bad I was out before I realized it.

ThePerm and Insanolord I had no clue about. After Yoshidious, I had no idea who left was Mafia. They did a good job at the end there, there was really no real way to tell who of those remaining were Mafia.

This was a very interesting game, even watching it from the sidelines.

Also, kudos to GoldenPhoenix. Great setup, great story, great punctuality... Great job GoldenPhoenix! Can I vote you as MVP?

At this point I'm leaning towards Vudu as MVP. He tried really hard and had a lot of involvement in the game. I'd also say that ThePerm did a good job of hiding himself, and made some good decisions. Tough choice really. Maxi and Stratos fared pretty well also.

I know that Spak-Spang had inadvertently helped the townies by taking out the bomber and himself, but that wasn't intentional so that's not really MVP material.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 03:44:47 AM »
While I'm disappointed at the outcome, it was an exciting game to play. Congrats to the Mafia for the win. I'll post some more about what I tried to do in the game tomorrow.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 04:08:08 AM »
Yeah I think GP has summed it up well. Pale and vudu were the standouts as far as I'm concerned. Pale voting against me and leaving me to die when a tie vote was possible was a great move that I assume made the remaining townies trust him. To make it clear I'm throwing out a Vote Pale. But that's to be expected coming from a fellow mafioso. ;)

To echo the others (and my thoughts in the dead thread), GP you did a great job all around, especially with the times that days ended and began. Please future hosts continue this trend!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:12:02 AM by blackfootsteps »
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 04:12:31 AM »
you did a good job yourself at keeping hidden North Sea. If you hadn't deflected our blow we would have lost a guy! I missed the rule where only Tyson could take out Mr. dream. Which is why today I took out Gylldas myself.

Theoretically Vudu could have been pretending to be the detective and actually had someone else get the results which is a good strategy, so i wasn't sure who to take out.

I felt so screwed after bfs got taken out. Then immediately after Yoshidias got voted out, i was like dammit! I wish Dasmos had stayed in the game, that would have been very useful, but it was a double edges sword character.

Great Tiger didn't come into play mainly because his power could only be used once. I wanted to use him later on in the game but i gave him the choice between 2 days ago and yesterday to use it.

Eliminating maxi was a must, he named too many names "Here is who I think is Mafia. Yoshidious, Nickmitch,Perm, ohhboy,BFS." 3/5 is just too good a guess, give him 2 days and he could have ruined our victory.

Vote pale Sorry mop it up, Pale was integral to the win.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:18:11 AM by ThePerm »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:44 AM »
gee gee

One thing this proves is that the townie leaders can still be easily played by mafia.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:25 AM »
Just a reminder as to the prize that is at stake, the MVP gets a Wiware or VC game of their choosing totaling $20 (so yeah it is possible to get more then one game as long as it the total is under 20) and the runner up gets one VC game of their choosing.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:29 AM »
Also I do want to add something else, both Stratos and Mop_it_up were showing great improvement not to mention they were part of the group that was involved with the game. I was especially impressed with Stratos being able to survive that long.

It really is interesting to see the game from the perspective of host. Since I wasn't privy to the PMs it is hard to judge, all I know is what people playing the game told me and what was in the thread. So my judgment of MVP may be different because I only have that to go off in addition to knowing who was prompt in sending me actions.

I tried to be flexible, vudu requested that  go off a list of names since he wasn't likely be around for a day or two for his investigations. While I rejected Pale in all his moderator scary glory wanted to change his frame during the weekend long after my 1 hr window Friday night. It is also good that the Super Macho Man role tweak I had to do, didn't really impact the game at all.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »
Also I do want to add something else, both Stratos and Mop_it_up were showing great improvement not to mention they were part of the group that was involved with the game.
Improvement? Ha ha, I got a teammate voted out and I was killed on the second night. I'd say I fared better in the first game. Too bad I never got the chance to strut my stuff.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 05:44:21 AM »
Well I think I improved alot in my deductions as Perm pointed out.I was talking to stratos after todays vote about the end of the game. Since Vudu didn't turn out to be Mafia I guess I won't be vendettaing him. Why am I saying this? It is because It would of been a clever strategy if Vudu was Super Macho man and Pale was the godfather. Pale could of asked if Greg would of took the fall to make it seem that Vudu was the Investigator. It seems that isn't the case. On Day 4 I was killed.I sent the protection over to Vudu to try and get the roled players together so they can win it.I should of protected myself that night.

About the Rab PM. I probably should of talked to Rabicle first about it. I think that PM situation was my only mistake.I mentioned Gylldas to Stratos and I thought he might of been mafia as it turns out he wasn't. On my list of people that said they were townies I only have 2 people that were mafia. Pale and Insanolord. I think the Rab PM helped clear his name somewhat. On Day 4 I asked Vudu to investigate these people.Yoshidious,Nickmitch and Perm. Sadly after I died he investigated DAaaMan64. I had 2 Mafia members pegged.Greg and Perm.

Perm on my Day 4 mafia list I also had Pale but I had BFS first then Pale then back to BFS. So technically I had 4 pegged.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:14:00 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »
Dasmos which 2 people did you get back from your action? I take it you told your mafia about my small alliance.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »
I would have dropped the Rabicle charge if he had messaged me with a response to his PMs but silence condemned him.

I just KNEW Pale was mafia. I also suspected Perm.

One very valuable lesson I learned this game was not to rely too much on voting records that was where the deductions for Nickmitch, Daaaman and Oohhboy came from but in reality they were just confused townies.

I was hesitant with the Daaaman vote, he was putting on a good defence and if I had logged on later that night I would have changed it to Oohhboy or Nickmitch.

Even though I was 'truced' with Pale in PMs I still held a suspicion against him. In fact I had hoped to go along with his Nickmitch vote and then planned to go after Pale if Nickmitch had turned out to be a townie like he was.

I'll post one of my PMs to Pale because I find some ironic humor in it. I vote Pale for MVP

Quote from: Stratos PM
I know I've voice suspicions towards you, but I notice you and Yoshidious are not getting along and he is also high on my suspicion list.

I am considering joining your bandwagon and possibly could bring a few others on board as well.

What say you? What do you know?

Quote from: Pale PM
I just know I have a really reliable Townie source that's all.  I voted for you because I was suspicious of you but didn't now for sure and then my source told me to vote for Yoshidious.. so I did.

Quote from: Stratos PM
Our source may be the same. I'm going to believe you are not the godfather and 'put aside' my suspicions of you. But I'm going to try and keep it up as a front to make the mafia think I still view you as a priority suspect.

LOL, if you are the GF -and if my source was truthful that is the only mafia role you could be- then you will have a good laugh over me in the end.

Who do you think is mafia?

I'm suspicious of Oohhboy, Daamaan for sure and Nickmitch (placed in order)

Insanolord and Perm are also suspects but lower. Insanolord has a history of low participation but still, that's a great front to use similar to how I saw your stevey lesson being a perfect front as well.

There are only 4 mafia left and if the first three I listed are mafia then there is only the GF to find (unless one of them is the GF).

I should also note that it had slipped my notice that the impostor role came back as townie as well until my last day alive. My fault for just glancing over the roles.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:36:43 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »
Dasmos which 2 people did you get back from your action? I take it you told your mafia about my small alliance.

The people who came back were DAaaMan and RAB, both townies. A bit of a waste, but I was taken out the next night so it was worth it, I guess.

Also no I didn't tell my mafia buddies about your alliance, all I told ThePerm was that I'd recommend hitting Mop_it_up and Stratos. Both who turned out to have townie roles, I'm not sure if ThePerm actually listened to me or not though as I didn't get to explain why I thought they were roled townies before I died.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »
I pretty much suspected Pale of being liar mafia by the time I was eliminated (far too early).  My intuition is always "the less they say, the better" and when I PMed vudu about being mafia or townie, he replied with three words and a smiley.  I figured he was probably townie, and I was right. 

Unfortunately, not enough people were doing their talking inside of the thread, and the ones that were became automatically suspect. 

Great job with hosting, GP.  As for MVP, I'd love to vote in Pale but he's dead to me so instead I'll vote in Pale. 

Fun game, ended a bit too soon for me.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 07:35:51 AM »
Well it was somewhat admireable that you didn't tell him about my alliance Dasmos. The hits was for Mop_it_up and Stratos came into play later in the game.So I guess we have to wait on Perm.

I was looking at the day 1 thread and something caught my eye. Perm voted for Stratos. I wonder if we voted out Perm how the game could of changed. It is nice to look back on the past few days. On day 2 and 3 there were a few people that was mafia. I noticed that the Mafia would vote with the townies to kill the townie. On Day 2 Dasmos and Perm voted for Pap64. Day 3 Pale and Insanolord voted for Rab. Had Rab turned out the Bomber than the mafia could of lost 2 important roles. Then The godfather and 2 goons would be left.That could of changed the dynamic of the game.
Just some observations.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »
Well we knew RAB was just a townie so there was really no mystery about who they were voting for.

Also it was less of a case of me being admirable and more of a case of not knowing enough meaningful information to go back and tell the rest of the team.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:21 AM »
Well we knew RAB was just a townie so there was really no mystery about who they were voting for.

Also it was less of a case of me being admirable and more of a case of not knowing enough meaningful information to go back and tell the rest of the team.

That's because we purposely withheld information from you. We forged our alliance in more of a cell structure to avoid leaks like you could have been. That was one of the reasons I was groping around in the main thread for the investigator and doctor. I knew that Maxi had found them but he did not reveal who they were. There are pros and cons to doing things that way.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 07:58:40 AM »

That's because we purposely withheld information from you. We forged our alliance in more of a cell structure to avoid leaks like you could have been. That was one of the reasons I was groping around in the main thread for the investigator and doctor. I knew that Maxi had found them but he did not reveal who they were. There are pros and cons to doing things that way.
As Stratos said I didn't say who the roles I found until later.  I kept the roles in my pocket till the right person came forward.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »
Same on my side. Just my contacts got killed sooner like Mop it up.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:33 AM »
So basically we found all of the townie roles except 1 on Day 1.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 08:12:02 AM »
Well you had said that you had only found 2 roled townies on Day 2. I can assume you were lying then?

That's because we purposely withheld information from you.

You, Maxi and Mop_it_up both revealed enough for me to realise you and Mop were probably both roled townies.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:19:04 AM by Dasmos »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
Here is the thing.I found Stratos and North Sea on Day 1. I am going to guess that Stratos found out Mop_it_up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »
Well you had said that you had only found 2 roled townies on Day 2. I can assume you were lying then?

Combined we found all but one. He found two, I found one and I was the other. Did I forget a role?

I was Saint
Mop it up was Vote Changer
NorthSea was the Doctor
Vudu was the Investigator
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 08:20:02 AM »

Combined we found all but one. He found two, I found one and I was the other. Did I forget a role?

I was Saint
Mop it up was Vote Changer
NorthSea was the Doctor
Vudu was the Investigator
There was Little Mac Prime but he didn't come into play until later.Also I didn't find Vudu till later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:23:01 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
Huh, it's interesting how open you guys are with your roles so early on.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 08:24:59 AM »
Well there is a thing called trust.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
Yeah, look how well that turned out with Pale.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:12 AM »
It is different with the Mafia.Of course the Mafia member isn't going to say "hey I'm so and so".
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Maxi and I agreed on day one to be open with each other on our roles, so we were committed for better or worse. We then attempted to recruit other townies for our voting. Through that we each got the other roles but for the sake of security we kept these other roles from each other. We would say when we found them but not who they were.

I never revealed a role to Pale for security sake.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk to get the ball rolling and build an alliance. You are stabbing in the dark after all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:34:28 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a good/bad thing, I'm just saying it's interesting.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
Well I had fun playing this one. I liked the impersonator role.  Too bad I never got to frame an innocent because who I was copying never lined up with an investigation, but it did save my own butt as Vudu investigated me quite early.

I still have to go back and read GP's wrap up, but I will before the day is out.  I had fun on the last day even though I risked looking guilty to stir the pot a bit with all my near nonsensical ranting.

This was a game of ups and downs for me. We couldn't get the mafia together to truly swing the vote and early on I really wanted to lock down the game.  I think it was the night we killed Maxi... I instead wanted to swing the vote for Maxi and kill vudu.  I'd be interested to know if Vudu was protected at that point in the game... if he was, it probably would have screwed us, but in talking to him I got the impression he wasn't... unless that was just him messing with me.

I disappointed myself a couple times this game. Firstly, I'm mad I didn't more accurately predict Vudu's investigation and save Greg. I knew I couldn't come right out and ask vudu who he was for risk or looking guilty, but I always seemed to be one step behind him.  I immitated Daaman when he investigated Greg.. and imitated oohboy when he investigated nickmitch.

Also, I'm frustrated I couldn't figure out who the Doc was.  I thought it was Stratos which is why I suggested killing him.  Then I thought for sure it was Gyldas on the last night...  At the very last second I had a hunch it was NorthSea, because he was so quiet yet he had a Punch Out avatar.... I wish I would have caught on to that earlier.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
Wait a minute Pale. Did you frame yourself to look like a townie!?!

The first 3 days I was protected on day 4 I sent the protection to Vudu.That night I was killed.

I would also like to know who was sent to kill Vudu.I take it was Yoshidious, the last goon. That would of been the wise thing to do.Lose a goon but keep all of the mafia roles.

The reason North Sea is quite is because he has to work during the day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 10:11:03 AM »
I'm interested in seeing Spak-Spang and Khushrenada's thoughts on the game. Specifically my play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
The power of manipulation, amazing. 

It was pretty obvious to me yesterday not to trust Pale, but that was only because I wasn't in the game anymore.  If Pale was talking to me, and giving suggestions and advice I would probably believed him. 

Once the mafia and the townies lost the Killer and Bomber, the game really opened up for them.  At this point I think the advantage swung in favor of the townies, because they were able to get another mafia member, and protect their own people with the Doctor.

What was a bad play.  Maxi should have protected himself after he found the detective at least one more day.  He knew the detective and the doctor and was afraid the detective would be targeted, the problem was he was the HEART of the townie alliance.  And if he could have lasted one more day with protection, the mafia would of went for someone else and he could have been in the game longer.

It would have given the townies at least one more day.  That was the only mistake he really made in the game. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »
I really am curious how the game would have changed if I was alive for a couple more days.

Truthfully, I probably would not have hit ThePerm or Pale.  Insanolord perhaps.  The NorthSea most likely.

I liked how Pale put doubt in the minds of the townies and detectives about who the Mafia could be.  That shutdown all the roles...and then the mafia was smart to target regular townies on the last days.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Spak. My goal in this game is to improve a little each game. Even though I lost I think this was my best game as far as developing myself. Now I got to figure out how to survive as a townie.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:37:43 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »
Since I feel like talking alot.

Here is why I thought the people I listed was Mafia.

Yoshidious: I had been talking to him since the begining of the game to get him used to playing Mafia. Around Day 2 I was suspious of him. He said that he haven't been talking to many people except me. On Day 2 I saw him sending PMs to somebody. I'm going to guess that it was Dasmos. Since he had only been talking with me only. Here is what would happen I send him one,he responds,while I was responding to that PM he would send another to someone else.I checked whos online and checked the times I responded to his most recent PMs and when he was sending PMs. After obserbing this behavior he was on my list. Also the Rab PM helped alot to in regards to Greg.

Perm:It was your vote for stratos on day 1,your voting record and that PM you deleted that had BFS vote on Day 3.

Pale: Alot of people were railing against you in my alliance because of the "stevey lesson" vote. Also you were very evasive in PMs.Your voting record helped/hurt you.

Nickmitch&Ohhboy: It was just a hunch because of your behavior.Sorry.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
We weren't trying to target townies... we wanted to find the Dr. =P

The way the impersonator role worked was that I would show up as whoever i was framing and they would show up as mafia.  This could have backfired if I impersonated vudu on the night he investigated me, which I almost did! =P

It's interesting to hear that Maxi passed the protection to vudu the same night we killed him.  That means if I had organized the mafia to vote out Maxi (and thus look extremely guilty) and then our hit on Vudu would have failed, we probably would have screwed ourselves.  Just proves that attempting to go for the jugular isn't always a good decision.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Oh and as for the Stevey thing... you can say that made me look guilty, but I would have done the same exact thing if I was a townie.  I'm sick to death of him getting Khush killed so early because on the first day most people are just looking for a bandwagon.  If he votes for Khush (or anyone out of vendetta) again next game I will do the same thing.

Yes I know that stinks of hypocrisy, but I don't care. =P
---------------------

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
We weren't trying to target townies... we wanted to find the Dr. =P

The way the impersonator role worked was that I would show up as whoever i was framing and they would show up as mafia.  This could have backfired if I impersonated vudu on the night he investigated me, which I almost did! =P

It's interesting to hear that Maxi passed the protection to vudu the same night we killed him.  That means if I had organized the mafia to vote out Maxi (and thus look extremely guilty) and then our hit on Vudu would have failed, we probably would have screwed ourselves.  Just proves that attempting to go for the jugular isn't always a good decision.
I thought the impersonater role worked like this.If say you impersonate me and Vudu investigates me I would show up as Mafia but you would still be your role.

Live and Learn.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »
I have to agree that there was poor communication among all members. In the Mario Mafia game we were always receiving PMs and hints and that's why we won the game so early. In this game I felt lost because there was no communication or even attempts at throwing each other out.

It was still a great game, though.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »
Pale:  The night you hit Maxi, he hooked the Detective and the Doctor up, and told the Doctor to protect him the remainder of the day.

After the day and he died...he asked me my opinion.  I thought it was a bad move, because he should have enough allies to protect himself from the vote, and he was obviously a target of the mafia...Maxi was the heart of the townie alliance.  Willing to put himself on the line to protect the townies.

We both wanted him dead for that reason (Mafia and killer) but I knew Maxi was being protected every night, so I went trying to randomly kill people laying low.  Hopefully to get the Doctor so I could kill Maxi...but I was also worried about the Detective and more so getting another Mafia member.  Then again, I was afraid if I targeted too many mafia and you found out who I was you would kill me.

All of my hits were carefully selected not to make me look guilty.  I just got really unlucky with my last hit.  I was sure RAB was either Mafia or the Bomber after maxi wrote me...and so I had a hunch Maxi could have been mafia.  It never played out that way.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

I only told Maxi my role after I knew he was a townie.  I didn't have to investigate him--as I said in one of the earlier threads I could tell he was a townie by the way he played.  After I confided in him things sort of fell into place--he put me in touch with NorthSea and Stratos.

I think it was the night we killed Maxi... I instead wanted to swing the vote for Maxi and kill vudu.  I'd be interested to know if Vudu was protected at that point in the game... if he was, it probably would have screwed us, but in talking to him I got the impression he wasn't... unless that was just him messing with me.

I disappointed myself a couple times this game. Firstly, I'm mad I didn't more accurately predict Vudu's investigation and save Greg. I knew I couldn't come right out and ask vudu who he was for risk or looking guilty, but I always seemed to be one step behind him.  I immitated Daaman when he investigated Greg.. and imitated oohboy when he investigated nickmitch.

While I truly believed you were a townie, you'll notice that I never fully trusted you.  I didn't tell you who else I was talking to and I never told you anyone's role except for those that I investigated who then turned up mafia.  And even though I told you early on that I was the investigator, I tried to leave some doubt in your mind that I might just be someone who was speaking for the investigator.

The thing that really made me believe you were a townie was that you voted for BFS on day 4 instead of Maxi.  You could have easily tied up the game at that point.  Instead, you sacrificed your teammate and earned my loyalties (even though both Stratos and NorthSea suspected that you were mafia).

VOTE PALE FOR MVP
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
I think I'm going to include a FAQ on how to make yourself not show up on the Who's Online screen while playing mafia.  PM staring seems like a cheap tactic in my opinion.  I send enough PMs that have nothign to do with Mafia that I don't worry about it, but it sucks for others.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Vudu: Yeah, see I was actually TRYING to rally the team agains Maxi to save BFS and I wanted to put the hit on you. Sadly (at the time) I couldn't get everyone together, so I just voted for BFS to hide any suspicion.  The fact that I couldn't get everyone together probably saved the game for the mafia.

I'm gonna Vote Perm for MVP.  He was godfather the whole time, ignored me when I had a strategy that would have gotten us killed, and somehow avoided almost all suspicion the whole game.  In all my talks with Vudu and Stratos I don't think his name ever came up.
---------------------

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
I told Maxi early on that every townie alliance has at least one member of the mafia in it.  The key to a good townie alliance is NEVER give out roles until of people...unless you are 100% positive.  And never ask for roles if you are a townie in an alliance, because you can be lead to believe something not true.

It is good to hear that Vudu was wise not with that role.  The powers allowed the Mafia to hide well in this game, but it is just the same, because this should be a game of who you can trust or not trust.

I had fun this game, and I thought I was playing some of the best mafia I have played.  I was really focused on the game...but it ended too short, and that is something that every player must realize...you life is short in Mafia, enjoy it while you can.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 03:13:46 PM »
I also want to thank GP (and decoyman) for her first mafia game.  The roles were well planned and she did an excellent job of moderating.  I'll be honest--I didn't read any of the story posts, so I can't comment on those.  :)

Overall, the balance was really good.  I think the maifa might have been a little overpowered--5 mafia members seems like one too many.  Then again, if Stogi had bothered to play I suppose things would have evened up a bit.

We really need to figure out how to either force people to play or discourage them from signing up in the first place.  Stogi had a really important role and didn't even play the game.  Insanolord and Oohhboy weren't much better--they voted the bare minimum and actually participated in the game even less.  It's impossible to determine someone's allegiance if they barely play!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
Yeah I want to thank Decoyman for stepping in when I couldn't lock the thread.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »
Don't forget Khushrenada.

Man every time I play this game it seems I am at the crux of the conversation.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »
You, Maxi and Mop_it_up both revealed enough for me to realise you and Mop were probably both roled townies.
Looks more like others revealed more about me than I did about myself. Next game, I really am going to swear vendetta on Stratos.

Even though we're supposed to PM the MVP vote, I'm going to go along with everyone else and vote in this thread. I  vote Vudu as MVP.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
I guess I will go along with Mop_it_up and Vote Vudu as MVP
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
Vote Pale

I have to vote Pale for the MVP.  As I watched him I never guessed he was mafia, and really he did a good job hiding.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
I don't think the game was poorly balanced it could have EASILY went 2 or 3 more days, and it isn't like the townies didn't have the game almost won. I was hoping that the killer role would get a shot at winning but that wasn't meant to be.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
Oh, I dropped Perms name. But he was farther down the list because I was relying to much on conjectures from scattered voting records. When the mafia was down to 4 I believed they were Oohhboy, Nickmitch, Daaaman, and Perm in that order from mostlikely to least. I had an alternate theory that had Pale as the GF and after I died Maxi and I played crazy guessing games about an epic ruse where Pale was GF, Vudu was just pretending to be the investigator and Yoshidious was a noble sacrifice to the cause.

Looks more like others revealed more about me than I did about myself. Next game, I really am going to swear vendetta on Stratos.

I never said anything regarding you being who you were to Dasmos. He guessed that from our behavior. I didn't even tell Maxi that you had a special role because I didn't want him to guess too early. That was all from his cunning.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:11:33 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
I never said anything regarding you being who you were to Dasmos. He guessed that from our behavior.
Dasmos told me that you told him I had been talking to GoldenePhoenix, which I hadn't been. That was one of the things which tipped him off.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
I was surprised I wasn't voted off earlier. Every other time I played a low profile game I would be voted off pretty quick. Since I didn't have a role, I figured if somebody was going to get voted off it would better be me than a named townie role. However looking back all I did was probably just threw chaff into the air messing with everybody's radars.

Besides, bandwagoning never works and I did my best to avoid that.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »
I never said anything regarding you being who you were to Dasmos. He guessed that from our behavior.
Dasmos told me that you told him I had been talking to GoldenePhoenix, which I hadn't been. That was one of the things which tipped him off.

Well Stratos said he had been in contact with GP and I assumed you guys were working together, but yeah it seems that while being right about Mop & Stratos I may have been reading too much into things.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2009, 11:38:02 PM »
I played horribly this game and in no way deserved to survive. I've never gotten the hang of Mafia and I should probably stop trying. vote Pale If someone finds a way to make this post more depressing please let me know.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2009, 11:47:41 PM »
I don't know if you had this "not voting till you have to" strategy in play on purpose. You have done that the last 3 games.First starting on the ACCF game.In that game you was the last mafia member to be killed.The last  game you did the same thing and you won.Maybe this is a good strategy for you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »
I don't know if you had this "not voting till you have to" strategy in play on purpose. You have done that the last 3 games. Maybe this is a good strategy for you.
It may be a winning strategy, but it's no fun.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »
Maybe the next time he does that I'll vote for him.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
I don't know if you had this "not voting till you have to" strategy in play on purpose. You have done that the last 3 games. Maybe this is a good strategy for you.
It may be a winning strategy, but it's no fun.

For once I have to agree with the Birdo aficionado.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
Alright, since I have some time now, this was how I played my game.

Going into this game, or any mafia game, I knew I would be at a disadvantage. My work schedule conflicts with when most of the debating happens. I have the choice to either take a shot in the dark, and be the first to vote, or find a way to vote at work. That usually involves calling my wife on my break and have her check either who my allies are voting for, or how the game is going. It's not a fun way to play. In the Animal Crossing mafia, BFS was voted out because of a tie that I couldn't stop. I never mean to play under the radar intentionally. That's just what has to happen, unless my schedule changes.

Anyway, once the game started, I told Maxi my role. I knew if anyone could get me to the detective and be effective in my role, it was Maxi. Sure, it was a gamble, but since he was just mafia in the last game, I went with it. It ended up being a really good move. I protected Maxi until he found vudu for me. From then on, I did my best to keep vudu alive.

The only three people to know who I was were Maxi, vudu, and Stratos. Since Stratos told me his role, I felt I could trust him. I also stressed to them that they couldn't tell anyone else my role. I guess that saved me, because Pale could've been told who I was, and that would've been the end for me.

Ultimately, I made the mistake of pulling for Daaamaan's elimination. When vudu said he came up townie, I was so sure he was the GF. His previous votes all pointed to it. Once that failed, I felt like we needed to hit one of the other two people we were sure of being mafia, being NickMitch and Oohboy. When NickMitch started getting votes, I felt like it was a trap. When Oohboy was so quick to vote for Nick, it seemed like he was trying to lead a bandwagon for a mafia victory. Finally, I made the mistake of switching protection from Vudu to Pale, because if Pale was a townie, I thought he'd go next.

I should've stuck with my suspicions I had last week. ThePerm and Pale were two people I had picked as probably being mafia. I wonder what would've happened in the game if the RABicle PM situation didn't happen. However, the Mafia played a great game, so again congrats to them. 
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2009, 03:29:01 AM »
Heres all of the goings on Future mafia godfathers read and learn. There looks to be an equal amount of mistakes as successes

Your role is Mike Tyson.

Mafia

Mike Tyson - ThePerm
Super Macho Man- Pale
Great Tiger - Insanolord
Tyson Goon 1- Yoshidious
Tyson Goon 2- Blackfootsteps
Don Flamenco - Dasmos

Hi the Perm, my all mighty leader! I'm excited to do your bidding in the coming days. Should be good. I reckon getting rid of the most experienced players should be an early priority, especially Khush.

hey buddy,

i was just wondering when you think i should use my power. i was thinking the sooner the better, we want a bit a of leg up before the townies start grouping togther.

also in the roles list is says the downside to my power is this "The only problem is that he sometimes can't help himself from being wooed himself if his name comes out 4 times out 5 flips and a random mafia role will have to be given up for everyone to see (Isn't love beautiful?)."

i have asked gp for clarification, but if these "flips" are coin flips then i'd say those are pretty good odds and we should use my power right away. we should take whoever we discover before insanolord uses his power. that way we don't get any double-ups.

what do you think?

If no-one has any objections, I'm planning on using my power tonight if it's not too late. 4 out of 5 coin flips seems pretty good odds in our favour and it will give us a huge advantage this early in the game.

Also Insanolord I wouldn't use your power until we've taken out both of the townie revealed by role, just to remove the chance of doubling up.

If no-one has any objections, I'm planning on using my power tonight if it's not too late. 4 out of 5 coin flips seems pretty good odds in our favour and it will give us a huge advantage this early in the game.

Also Insanolord I wouldn't use your power until we've taken out both of the townie revealed by role, just to remove the chance of doubling up.
Well I imitated Vudu tonight just for kicks.  From what I can tell I'm pretty much a normal mafia member who happens to be able to mess with people a little bit if the right person gets investigated.

Telling me is all you need to do.

I guess Khush is a decent option seeing as we have no idea at this stage, but it has almost become a cliche for the mafia to vote out Khush Day 1. Oh well.

Well anyway I have used my power so hopefully we'll have a clearer idea of who to hit tomorrow.

Good choice on the hit, don't worry I think we've got a pretty good team filled with experienced players I'm sure we'll do well.

You got an idea on who mafia is yet?

Do you have a role?

Pretty horrible result from the power.

RABicle: Townie.
DAaaMan64: Townie.

Perm just my thoughts regarding threats. nickmitch is a long time experienced player and he is nearly always suspected of being mafia, which comes with the territory when you've played every game on PGC. We can probably use this to our advantage if we need a scapegoat at some stage throughout the game. Of course he could be a roled player that we should eliminate early but I don't think he's the type of player that townies rally around due to his formidably evil rep.

Maxi thinks Rabicle is bad. Good news for us. I'll try and squeeze him for info.

Any idea who's your hit for tonight? If you have no-one better I'd recommend either Mop or Stratos, but I'm leading more to Stratos.

Received this from Stratos it is re: Rabicle

He accidently sent me an incriminating message:

"Why didn't anyone wake me? Anyway we're hitting Yoshidious right? Stupid dog.
Also guys keep in mind that I can't send this to Khush or insanolord, struggling with the stupid adding names thing.

Is there any overarching plan of attack to work on?"

I also warned Yoshidious

The PM was also sent to Pap and Maxi. Maxi thinks he could possibly be the bomb trying to get hits but I wouldn't do that this early, there's no chance to win if he gets voted now.

------

Sadly in Rab's message he suggests that Khush, a confirmed townie, is a teammate. Not sure if Stratos noticed this and that's why he changed his vote. Should I bring this up with him in order to gain some trust?

But the only vote I've received so far is from you Perm. So won't that make people suspect you of being Mafia if I'm suddenly begging for the doctor's help after no threat against me previously? Do we know who the townie doctor is, suspicions?

I also can't vote Rab, because I've told Stratos I think he's townie so that when he's shown to be townie tonight I'll have some trust.

That's alright mate! I like your ideas!

What do we know / think about Maxi? Is he a roled player or a normal townie? If he's plain vanilla I don't think it's a good idea to let him die today in the vote. He has named too many names which the other players will probably give creedence to after his death when he is revealed as innocent. If he survives the remaining players will still be suspicious of him. The hard thing to do will be to sway the vote away from him without all of us having to vote.

One of us is probably going to be investigated tonight, hopefully it is Pale and his power will protect him.

Thoughts anyone?   

Hi Perm. If you got any idea who mafia is I would appreciate it if you let me know.

What do we know / think about Maxi? Is he a roled player or a normal townie? If he's plain vanilla I don't think it's a good idea to let him die today in the vote. He has named too many names which the other players will probably give creedence to after his death when he is revealed as innocent. If he survives the remaining players will still be suspicious of him. The hard thing to do will be to sway the vote away from him without all of us having to vote.

One of us is probably going to be investigated tonight, hopefully it is Pale and his power will protect him.

Thoughts anyone?   

I've been impersonating Maxi because i thought he would be a target of an investigation.  I plan to continue impersonating him unless it looks like he dies in the vote.  We are so close to wrapping this game up though. As long as none of us gets voted out tonight we are in extremely good shape.  If my counting is correct, that means that as long as two townies die tonight, we have only one more townie to off assuming none of us die.

So the plan should be to make sure no mafia people get voted out today and tomorrow, and then we win the game.

Pale because of how he started the vote for stevey on Day1.I made a silly comment. Pale took it from there. Also Khush was the Mafia hit. Pale might be the godfather.I sent him 1 pm.Back on Day 2 when the vote was for Pap64.He asked in the thread why Pap was the vote.I asked him if he got a PM from Rabicle.He said he didn't and said that my PM was his first that he recieved.
At that point did you send any to Pale?

Maybe Nickmitch. Haven't talked to him yet. His vote isn't a good one.

Vudu:I had a hunch on Day 2.At the time I didn't talk to him at that point. He wasn't on yesterday. So at the very least he can't be the godfather.Might be a goon, or Super Macho Man or townie.

You:Don't take this personally but your voting record hasn't been to good.

Finally the person that has my current vote,Yoshidious. I have been talking with him since Day 1.I decided to help him since he is a new player.I remember my first game and I know what it is like.Sonic Mafia was my first game.Says he hasn't been PMing people. I contacted him and he said he talked to few people. Voted Vudu on my hunch.

So I think we need to make absolutely sure that one of us doesn't get voted out tonight....

We are 5 strong against their 8... we should easily be able to swing the vote to someone else, and I'm guessing that someone should be Maxi if it comes up.

Soooo, if one of us ends up leading in votes, we need to save them regardless of if it incriminates some of us a little bit.

That would put us at a 6 to 5 disadvantage tomorrow... the chances of the townies being completely and totally on the ball is near impossible.  We should then be able to sway the vote tomorrow as well.

So yeah, watch the thread tonight... and I say if you don't think you will be able to do that, vote for Maxi now.

Vudu confirmed he's the cop to me.  He knows BFS is mafia.  He also trusts Maxi...

If we take out Maxi tonight, I recommend also taking out Vudu.  From what he's told me, Maxi is the only one he's confided in so if we get them both at once we should be in the relative clear for suspicion.
Blackfootsteps is dead though lol

Maxi is dead. Vudu is the cop. I'm not sure if he's protected or not.

I know Vudu is the cop. Last I checked he didn't think he was protected so we should definitely try and off him I think.  He's our biggest threat by far because he's driving the entire townie aliance... which I am in.  Daaaman, Ooohboy, or Nickmitch will most likely be voted out on Monday if we don't screw anything up... so we should be safe for at least that day.

I suggest hitting Stratos tonight. I think he MAY be the Dr.... and I also think killing him would frame Daaaaman as the godfather.

what does that mean? Confusion

Ya sorry. I wish I were so useful. ;)

He's not King Hippo... he's a plain old townie... Vudu proved it by investigating him.  I guess he's getting voted out tonight.. at least we aren't losing a mafia member.

I stay stick to the killing Stratos plan even though the framing Daaman part won't happen anymore.  Either way, I think Stratos is the dr.

I personally think Gyldas is a good hit tonight... but it's your call.  I believe if we can vote out a non-townie and kill a townie that means we win right?

I hope i didn't hurt myself by being so analytical today...

I was just in the mood to stir the deceiving pot a bit. =P

It's amazing to me that you've avoided suspicion the entire game. I've been in cahoots with vudu for almost the entire game and he's never been suspicious of you.

He was suspicious of insano early on but that has gone away too.

MESSAGES BY THEPERM

to BFS
lol i was completely computer desolated yesterday, its weird being in the mafia and weird being the leader. So one thing is, i think if you get any townie questions regarding your role, just don't acknowledge them. Say you haven't been online for a couple of days. I agree. We should try to take out khush immediately.

to dasmos
yeah that's sort of a weird role, I would use your power this first time just to test it out, but i would go cold turkey some times just to avoid suspicion. My main strategy for now is to just be quiet and maybe not even acknowledge townie inquiries. If you must just say your as lost as anyone and your worried about being voted out. Blackfootsteps has said its a good idea to take out khush because of his experience, and i say we should go for it.

to Goldenphoenix
im commanding blackfootsteps to take out khush, do i have to tell him directly to do it, or do i just have to tell you that he's doing it.

to BFS
i command you to take out khush

to pale
i wonder if you use your power and we kill someone do they end up appearing as a dead mafia member?

to goldenphoenix
goldenphoenix put the hit on mopitup by bfs

to goldenphoenix
hit drewmg with yoshidious

to BFS
i voted for you tody just to throw them off, im at best buy because im without a computer. I was typing a longer message but i got screensavered

to BFS
so keep voting for rabicle, ask the townie doctor for help because it will make you look like a weak townie. Beg for help. We want to throw them off. I would vote for rab but it will make it look like were after him thats why im taking out drew mg today, to throw them off.

to BFS
sorry my explanation of things was so bad earlier, i was a best buy cause i didn't think id get to a regular computer today. i originally voted for rab today then i was like i need to stay in character for myself, which is confused. im taking out drewmg today and rabicle is getting voted out. Us taking out drew will make you look like less mafia because it will look like we're after different targets. it sucks dasmos got hit last night

to goldenphoenix
hit nickmitch with yoshidious

to goldenphoenix
change the hit to maxi by bfs

to maxi
i'm not sure, i haven't been doing a lot of research this game, i'v been at my parents old house packing our stuff for the week and theres no computer at my house.  Yesterday i thought i wasn't going to be able to get to a computer so i went to best buy and did my vote on there. It turns out i got to stay the night at a friends house last night. I was up for a while trying to figure out the voting times of people so that i could figure out who is who. I really couldn't figure out anything this time like i did during the holiday mafia game. I was mostly drunk though so that didn't help. Who do you think is mafia?

to goldenphoenix
hit vudu with yoshidious

to goldenphoenix
err with blackfootsteps

to goldenphoenix
err  is mean pale, lol i couldn't even get to a computer today

to pale
this game was going so well the first couple of days, but now it seems to be taking a turn for the worst. I should have left mop it up in the game and eliminated a more experienced player.

to pale
im guessing maxi is the detective too, he seems to have a pretty good idea on who to vote out and when. I fucked up on my voting record, i wasn't around the computer enough to make sure it looked townie-ish

to pale
we need to come up with a good strategy
its got to be a verbal convinving strategy filled with LIES!
heres the list of whose who, so i can keep track

mafia
Mike Tyson - ThePerm
Super Macho Man- Pale
Great Tiger - Insanolord

dead mafia
Tyson Goon 1- Yoshidious
Tyson Goon 2- Blackfootsteps
Don Flamenco - Dasmos

non mafia
Vudu
Daaamaan
TheNorthSea
nickmitch
oohhboy
Gylldas
Stratos

dead non mafia
Khush-townie
Nuclearspeed- townie
stevey- townie
Pap64-townie
Mop_it_up- Glass Joe
Stogi - Little Mac Prime
Mr. Jack - Bald Bull
Spak-Spang - Big Bertha
RABICLE- a townie
DrewMG- a townie
Maxi-Townie

to goldenphoenix
hit stratos with pale

to insanolord
now is a good time to use that great tiger power
my biggest hope is that we can figure out who king hippo is and try to get a townie alliance to vote against him eliminating two players plus our kill

possible candidates
Vudu - we think he's the investigator
Daaamaan
TheNorthSea
nickmitch
oohhboy
Gylldas
Stratos - we think he's the doctor

if you want to you can wait a day, but once we have the doctor eliminated the game should be ours.

to pale
hopefully daAman is king hippo and we can eliminate two townies the next day

to pale
"vudu is a proven townie. I refuse to vote for him.  However, I am a townie.  Do not kill me, you are making a mistake."

daAman64 is likely king hippo!

to insanolord
vudu is a proven townie. I refuse to vote for him.  However, I am a townie.  Do not kill me, you are making a mistake.

daaman64 is likely king hippo, i hope they vote him out

to daAman64
King Hippo!

"vudu is a proven townie. I refuse to vote for him.  However, I am a townie.  Do not kill me, you are making a mistake."

to daAman64
oh i figured you might be king hippo, but now im prolly wrong

to pale
i totally think so too, the doctor might be the quiet type

to pale
iv been named as mafia, i just am trying to avoid suspicion, i don't even want to be thought of today. If we take out both Gylidias and Nickmitch then we've won

to goldenphoenix
hit Gylldas with Pale

to goldenphoenix
i changed my mind, i'm going to knock out Gylldas myself rather than sending pale to do my dirty work

to pale
holy ****, i examined the rules! Vudu may not be the detective, so rather than sending you to do the hit, today im going to hit it myself

to pale
looks like things are going off without a hitch today....i can taste victory

to golden phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzVXC15Zxpo

i can see where i messed up a few times...like i should have known that daaman64 was just a townie by don flemenco's research...so if i had investigated Northsea or Gyldas sooner we would have found the doctor sooner
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:31:47 AM by ThePerm »

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2009, 03:41:47 AM »
I thought I was so dead after Dasmos used his powers. I was so paranoid I was going to be one of the two revealed.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2009, 03:52:50 AM »
HA! It worked! I tricked them into thinking I was the doctor! Ha HA!...now if only it helped us win.  :-\
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2009, 03:57:01 AM »
Well North Sea the likelyhood of a role coming back that early in the game was slim. As I mentioned on Day 2 they probably got 2 townies. They did get back 2 townies.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2009, 04:46:42 AM »
HA! It worked! I tricked them into thinking I was the doctor! Ha HA!...now if only it helped us win.  :-\

I know man, my bad.

Well North Sea the likelyhood of a role coming back that early in the game was slim. As I mentioned on Day 2 they probably got 2 townies. They did get back 2 townies.

Oh sure, I knew the likelihood of it was low, but there's still that small chance. In the end, it turned out to be nothing, but when it happened I wasn't happy.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »
I would have dropped the Rabicle charge if he had messaged me with a response to his PMs but silence condemned him.
Um. I never received anything mate. The ONLY correspondence I had those whole game was GP telling me my (lack of) role.

I suppose I'd better apologise for my reckless PM. I made myself a target and also tarnished the reputation of innocent people who had every right to suspect me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:11:31 PM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2009, 05:13:23 PM »
Um. I never received anything mate. The ONLY correspondence I had those whole game was GP telling me my (lack of) role.

I suppose I'd better apologise for my reckless PM. I made myself a target and also tarnished the reputation of innocent people who had every right to suspect me.

Hmm, I thought I did PM you. Maybe I just thought I did. I know at the least someone else was telling me they were talking to you by IM and you were saying you were innocent. I told them to tell you to contact me fast if you wanted to give an explanation for it.

Now that I think about it, the person who I was talking to about this MIGHT have been Dasmos, and since he was mafia he could very well have not told you to message me to ensure you were not exonerated.

I apologize, I jumped to some conclusions on that one and ignored Maxi's warnings about it. I think that was also part of the reason we went after Pap next was because of his name also being on your IM.
My Game Collection

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
Vote pale

Heh

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2009, 01:18:48 AM »
Vote pale

Heh

Wait, are you voting to lynch Pale or for him to get the prize? ;)
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Nice game, GP. I didn't do much other than lock the thread a few times and make one change to the player's list, and I wasn't able to follow along very closely.

But townies, when someone protests their innocence as adamantly as DAaaMan did... usually they're, you know, innocent. Boo on that vote off.

I did like the vudu-Pale matchup though. :) That was fun to watch their comments in the threads, knowing both their roles. :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »
Ahem finals are over and I'm all moved out.  All I can say is I sucked big time this game and congrats to Pale for playing all of us!  Pale and vudu are up for mvp in my book but since only one can win I'll vote Pale for mvp.

Good game guys!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
But townies, when someone protests their innocence as adamantly as DAaaMan did... usually they're, you know, innocent. Boo on that vote off.

Sorry, but I disagree--someone's going to profess their innocence regardless of their role.  The game is based on deception.  No one is going to say "yeah, you're right, nice going".  They're going to lie through their teeth (fingers) until the end.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »

Sorry, but I disagree--someone's going to profess their innocence regardless of their role.  The game is based on deception.  No one is going to say "yeah, you're right, nice going".  They're going to lie through their teeth (fingers) until the end.
While I agree with you on that point Vudu I have to add this.

I take it you went after DAaaMan based on his voting record. This game there was a misunderstanding as far as a PM early in the game.Basically what I am saying is that voting records are not the end all solution.When there is no controversies yes voting records can help out find out who Mafia is.When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:05 PM »
When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.

I completely agree 100%.  The voting record wasn't what made me certain that Daaaman was mafia.  It was when he refused to name a specific alternative.  In my mind his was a wishy-washy response.  Had he named someone else that was even a halfway decent suggestion I probably would have changed my vote.  But since he named a full 6 players (keep in mind there were only 10 playing at the time and he wasn't going to suggest himself or me) I thought I had the right person.  Again, my bad!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
You know my list that I posted on day 4. Quite a few names I listed were on DAaaMan's list. Maybe he was just going with what I said.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

I actually would have changed my vote at the last minute if I could have gotten to an internet hookup. His defense was pretty convincing and I wasn't 100% sold on him being mafia yet. We had too many of our 'suspects' coming up as townie from Vudu's searches.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
It wasn't the fact that he pronounced his innocence. Pale was doing that the whole game too. It was how he sounded in it. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because the same thing's happened to me before. (leading a bandwagon to vote out someone who desperately claimed innocence)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.

I completely agree 100%.  The voting record wasn't what made me certain that Daaaman was mafia.  It was when he refused to name a specific alternative.  In my mind his was a wishy-washy response.  Had he named someone else that was even a halfway decent suggestion I probably would have changed my vote.  But since he named a full 6 players (keep in mind there were only 10 playing at the time and he wasn't going to suggest himself or me) I thought I had the right person.  Again, my bad!

No. I refused to suggest an alternative because of exactly what happened when I DID list alternatives.  First of all, I had no algorithm or anything to finding mafia, like I said in my post.  Second, what I predicted happened. I started listing bullshit possible mafia people (like you forced me to do), then they started coming outa no where throwing accusations my way and voting for me just because I was seemingly accusing them.  THATS why I refused to give you a list or an alternative.  Hell, I even PMed you early that day asking you to tell me who to vote for.

Making me make that list was the turning point that made me sure I was gonna die.

Because of this, I think you understand why I didn't vote for you in this thread.  Anyway, GG. 

I vote for Pale because he did an awesome job manipulating our stupid asses all game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:32:52 AM by DAaaMan64 »

Frozen Shoe Games