Author Topic: gamecube gameboy player  (Read 2389 times)

Offline frekingg_11

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
gamecube gameboy player
« on: January 18, 2004, 11:38:28 AM »
just realizing how amazing the gamecube gameboy player really is. have had it for 2 weeks and played it the whole times with breaks for school, food, and very little sleep.

check out this sweet site http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1872645
thank you that is all

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:gamecube gameboy player
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:41:13 AM »
I already know what that is...

*blam*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ocarina_Jedi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 12:38:20 PM »
I know what you mean about the GBA player.  It IS freakin' awesome.  I don't have a GBA so this is the only way I can play my games.  (I still only have 3, but more are on the way.)  Once you use the Player, you can't go back to the GBA.  I can't picture Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on such a small screen!  And Zelda: Link to the Past with the Player feels almost like on the SNES.  Don't even get me started on how sweet Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is on the big screen.  And...and...now I've gone through my entire GBA library...but I'll be back with more!..someday..
I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
RE: gamecube gameboy player
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 03:20:29 PM »
I'd like to get one, but I don't have much use for one.  I have a GBA SP and only 2 games (Golden Sun 2, Harvest Moon FOMT).  And I can just play the originals  of those remakes (Mario, Zelda) on my SNES, with my SNES controller.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 03:30:18 PM »
The GBP is great, and I would recommend this for anyone who owns one.

Offline MysticalMatt517

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 06:31:09 PM »
I don't understand what the big thing is with the Gameboy Player. I bought a Gameboy Advance so I could play video games while on the go. My GBA gets more playtime than my Xbox and Gamecube combined because I'm never home. When I do get to play video games at home I want to play cool stuff like Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, etc... I don't want to play the same games I play in between classes on a bigger screen...

I dunno, I have a friend who swears by it... Me, I can't see forking out $50 to play SNES quality games on my Current - Gen console.  
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
http://www.MysticalMatthew.com
<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 07:14:43 PM »
because sometimes i dont' want to play games that require intence concentration, so i play some 2d games via GBP, oh and Mario and Luigi was built for it, rumble support ^_^
OUT OF DATE.

Online Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 06:14:22 AM »
"Me, I can't see forking out $50 to play SNES quality games on my Current - Gen console."

I'd be willing to pay MORE for SNES quality games.  The fact that the GB Player costs about as much as a game is an amazing deal and almost makes up for Nintendo screwing me over by making a poorly visible GBA and then releasing another model less than a year later.  Of course I rarely use my GBA for portable usage so since I was mostly using it as a home console anyway I might as well play it on a TV where everything is bigger and I don't have to muck around with lighting.  I don't see portable games and console games as any different.  If it's good it gets my time.  The GB Player to me is like a Sega CD.  It's a console add-on with it's own games.

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 01:55:32 PM »
The greatest thing IMO about the Gameboy Player is the number of RPGs that it brought to the "GameCube library". I've been playing so many of them that I still haven't even started Golden Sun 2 or Shining Soul yet....and I bought those months ago.