Author Topic: Has anyone else played the Mega Man X collection yet?  (Read 4110 times)

Offline ConfusedFX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Has anyone else played the Mega Man X collection yet?
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »
I went out and bought it this morning -- after reading a review on it, I had pretty high hopes for it, and I definitely wasn't disappointed. I dunno -- I never gets tired of this series. What do you guys think about it?  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Has anyone else played the Mega Man X collection yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
I'm divided on whether to get it or not.  I own the first 3 Xgames (everything after doesn't exist).

How's the conversion for the SNES games?  Or are they ports of the PSX ports?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
RE:Has anyone else played the Mega Man X collection yet?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:53:06 PM »
I have it and love it so far. Though im only half way trough X-2, X seemed to be the axact same game from the SNES. But someone tell me this did Mega Man always say "damn" after he gets beat by vile in the begening?
Im sure I would have noticed that all them years ago.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:56:19 PM »
Well pro, from what I hear the MMX 1-2 are the SNES version, while X3 seems to be the port that went to PSX/Saturn and has anime cutscenes (ala X4 ) and remixed music, I learned this from a friend who
has the PS2 vers.
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »
Interesting indeed!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 03:15:31 AM »
But someone tell me this did Mega Man always say "damn" after he gets beat by vile in the begening?

Nope, I even dug out the cables for my SNES to test it. The only thing he says is "I guess I'm not strong enough.", the rest is all Vile and Zero talking. Maybe he said that in the version Capcom initially submitted to Nintendo, before correcting such things to get their approval? Wouldn't be out of character I think.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 08:50:02 AM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the GameCube section?

As Gohan said, X3 is the 32-bit version, which was only released in Japan.

The emulation is supposed to be very good.  The GameCube version supposedly suffers from very minor compression issues while the PS2 version has longer load times.  Other than that, they're the exact same.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 08:54:18 AM »
Reading IGN's review confused me.  It sounded like they loved the Mega Man Anniversary Collection more, despite reversed controls and lame extras.  (I liked the video about his origins and stuff, but I thought the unlockable music weren't that great of extras.)  They even liked the "platforming-like" game-select screen, when IMO it looked sloppy...

I haven't played X6...I thought X4 and X5 in particular were, like, yawn, mostly...I'm most interested in Battle & Chase, which REALLY should've been in the Anniversary Collection, but eh, I complain too much.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 12:40:58 AM »
Capcom had previously said that they were going to remix the music in X1 & 2, that they were going to clean up the translations in the entire series (they've always been pretty bad), and that they were going to entirely re-dub X4, 5 & 6 (which were initially "kiddie", "mature", and "Japanese", respectively).

None of these things ended up in the final product, which people just chalked up to Capcom being lazy/rushed.

But as it turns out, Capcom did every single one of the things they promised. But then Keiji Inafune ordered that all of these improvements be removed from MMXC, and that the low-quality stuff be crammed back into it, so that the "Irregular Hunter X" remakes on the PSP would look better by comparison. Which is why the music in X1&2 isn't emulated properly, and the "damn" part in X1 was part of the retranslation that slipped through.

Oh and, rather than re-inserting the Japanese voice acting in X6, they just decided to delete the voice acting altogether.

http://megaman.retrofaction.com/index.php?main=articles/editorials/editorial019
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 05:51:19 AM »
Wow, sounds like they did an iffy job.  My only question is did they map jump and shoot to the right buttons?  I'm not too worried otherwise.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 06:04:11 AM »
Controls are customizable from what I've read on it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 07:46:42 AM »
You can remap the buttons in the SNES games in any case. I prefer boost mapped to a shoulder button.

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
That annoys me that they went through all the trouble of making some decent extras for this game, but then it all gets pulled because they're afraid it might POSSIBLY detract from sales of a completely different game altogether. Well, I was considering buying this collection before, but the hell with 'em.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
Actually in the original Mega ManX 3 I think it was ( Yes the SNES version ) X said damn after trying to get away, and ends up fighting sigma once more.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 05:23:29 AM »
man I cant find this game anywhere was it a limited quantity or did it sell out or what? I have been waiting forever to get it and now I cant find it.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"