Author Topic: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 3.  (Read 8054 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 3.
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:48:26 AM »
We started rolling out tours one after the other. The guests were loving it. We even let some of the crew go on a couple so they could see their fruition of their labors. We tried the bait idea and it worked we were able to get the dinosaurs out in the open for brief periods including the Tyrannasaurus Rex. Well, when Dr. Grant heard that, he wanted to go out immediately to see. So, I let him and Dr. Sadler. Of course, Tim and Lex wanted to see it as well so being the big softie I am, I let them tag along. Dr. Grant didn’t seem to be too pleased by that development but Dr. Sadler just laughed and said it would be a pleasure to have them along. I waved them off and then headed off to a meeting that was scheduled with my lawyer and a movie director he wanted to hire to film and promote the park. If I had to pinpoint a moment and say that it was the pinnacle of this whole endeaver, I’d have to say it was at that very time as it went so downhill from there.

It was on this tour of the park that the danger which gave this whole endeavor its edge finally bared its fangs and displayed itself. It went smoothly at first. Grant, Ellie and the kids got to see the T. Rex in all of its fearsome splendor. However, the storm we had been monitoring since last night was confirmed to be coming in our direction that morning and at this point, it began pouring down on the island. Thus, it was decided to cut the tour short and bring in the guests to wait and weather out the storm at the compound. With a control center handling the park operations, we could increase the speed of the Jeeps to bring them in sooner and that is what we did. On the way, a sudden impact warning came up from both vehicles. Because of this, I was called out of my meeting and hurried to find out what had happened.

“Mr. Arnold, what is wrong?” I asked our chief technician.

“We’re in communication with the Jeeps right now. Everyone’s ok including Lex and Tim,” Arnold replied.

“Thank goodness,” I said, relieved.

“However, there’s a more serious problem. They are saying a dinosaur of some kind ran out of the bushes onto the path of the vehicles and they ran over it. Both Jeeps. One after the other. It was either killed or injured and they watched it lay on that spot of the road where it had been run over until it faded from their view,” Arnold explained.

“How can that be? Has there been any issue with the fences? Could something have tunneled below our sensors?” I asked confused at such a development.

“According to our readings, every section still has the proper number of dinosaurs and the computer readings on the fences show them all active with no issues reported. I’ve sent out a call for Nedry to get over here double check it all and do a diagnostic on the system just in case but he still hasn’t shown. Lazy slob,” Arnold said, “And now for the really bad news. Dr. Grant says he didn’t get a clear view of the animal with all the rain coming down and blurring the visibility of the windows but he says if he had to guess what it was, he says it looked like a velociraptor to him.”

“Velociraptor?!” I gasped, with the chilling realization of the horrors that could occur from such a possibility.

“Now, before you ask, I checked and the system says all 4 raptors are accounted for and in their pen and there have been no abnormal readings coming from it. Maybe Grant was just spooked by what happened and his mind played a trick on him,” Arnold said reassuringly.

We waited for Muldoon to report in for what seemed like hours. I kept watching the monitors with the video feed from the Jeeps. I had a terrible unease coming over me. The crackle of the radio gave me a sudden fright.

“Arnold? Do you copy?” asked Muldoon over the radio.

“I’m here. What have got?” Arnold replied back over the radio.

“Tell Mr. Hammond we have a code Black. I’m looking at a dead velociraptor right now. The Jeeps ran over lolmonade, our 4th and latest addition to the Velociraptor pack. Get everyone to safety. I’m coming back to get some better equipment. If one has escaped, I am operating under the assumption all have escaped and I’m not hunting them down without the proper gear. I’m going to catch up to the tour Jeeps and follow them the rest of the way to make sure nothing else happens to them. Muldoon out,” he said.

Arnold and I stared at each for a moment as we tried to comprehend the shock we had just heard.

“I’ll start initiating the emergency breakout protocol,” Arnold finally spoke.

“Yes,” I answered in a daze. I looked again at the video of the Jeeps then turned back to Arnold. “And find Nedry immediately,” I shouted.

It was, of course, at this very moment that the power suddenly went out.

Meanwhile, the velociraptor pack was on the prowl. Smelling fresh meat, they followed the scent to a spot where a partially devoured goat carcass was lying. The 2 young raptors went and started tearing away at the carcass when the leader came out of the jungle and snarled orders at them. The 2 raptors backed down while the leader started tearing at the carcass.

The dull sound of pouring rain was suddenly broken when the cry of a Tyranasaurus Rex shrieked out into the night air. Charging through the jungle, it sprang out into the spot where the three raptors had been dining. It roared again as the raptors recoiled for a moment. The raptors then immediately attacked as each leapt to different parts of the T. Rex. The T. Rex shook its body and whipping its tail knocked the raptors down. With its mighty jaws, the T. Rex bit down, killing a velociraptor. It was Shogi, leader of the pack, whom Muldoon would refer to as clever girl. But stealing the meal of a T. Rex? Not so clever. With their leader dead, the other 2 raptors quickly ran off into the jungle to escape. The T. Rex chased after them for a bit but, losing their trail, it finally stopped and bellowed out some warnings to them.

Turning around to head back to its fresh kill, the T. Rex walked along the edge of its compound. So, when the power went out, the T. Rex suddenly redeveloped a curiosity about the fence and the world beyond its borders….

Philosorapter's Thought of the Day

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:54:39 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 3.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:48:54 AM »
Announcement Post

Dead:
lolmonade - Velociraptor #4 (killed by vote)
Stogi - Velociraptor #1 aka Clever girl aka Godfather (killed by T. Rex)

Deadline for voting is still Midnight EST (or whenever I show up to announce the day is over around that time).

I'll fix the formatting of my story in the morning. Why can't I just cut and paste like I want? NWR FORUMSSS!!!!!

Well, with the mafia suddenly cut in half, this could be a very short game. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Game on.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:53:14 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:14 AM »
Holy crap…Ok.  WOW.  2 Mafia in one day is crazy.  Thank you Mr. T-Rex.

And for the record the T-rex tomorrow can still have 2 kills on one night...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:57 AM »
Ok, I do not know what to think.

Stogi was someone I was suspecting early day 2.  I mentioned it to some people, and he is now eaten…hmmmm….

The townies getting 2 Mafia members by day 2 is crazy…and we have only lost one townie.  But, now I am lost with leads. 

I am still suspect of stevey but I don't know anyone else yet. 

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »
Mafia didn't kill me knowing they could easily press a bandwagon on me.

I'll be sure to review the thread and see if anyone else has been lying too well. Looks like we've got an active killer now, but thankfully he helped us this time around.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:20 AM »
*panicks, looking at the cameras*

The raptors are loose! The t-rex is loose! Oh lawd!

*faints*

OOC: Holy smokes! Ok townies, I'm in!

Edit: Forgot to vote jrlibrarian placeholder vote.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:39:52 AM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
Ninja Edit.

It looks like the T-Rex action takes place at the end of the night actions…so if that is true, then it is the last action of the night. 

Hmmm…

Does this mean that the Godfather didn't log on again, and didn't give a hit.  This is perhaps the best explanation of the invents that happened. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:57:47 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »
This is awesome. Lets try to keep it up.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
I walked back to my hotel room, perhaps I could find myself on a tour tomorrow.  When I arrived at my hotel there seemed to be some commotion all around.  I walked into the lobby and was greeted by the staff.  I am sorry sir, but we request you remain in your room for the night. 

The park is doing a routine security check.  It is standard procedure since these are the first live tours of the park we have offered to the public.  Please enjoy your evening, and enjoy some complimentary room service for your troubles.

This seemed like an overly generous proposition since these are routine checks.  I called my friend, Dr. Clark, but he didn't answer.  I went up to my room and decided I could do some work online at least.  I opened my laptop and checked for internet.  I had no signal.  The Wifi in the room had been disconnected.  After talking to the hotel staff, they informed me it would be on later and it was part of the security detail. 

I turned on the TV, and nothing.  I was isolated from everything.  I decided I would order my room service and go to bed early.  As I picked up the phone for the second time.  It was dead.  This is strange...all the systems were out.  Nothing about this seemed routine, there was a problem. 

I took the stairs back down to the receptionist.  "Hi, um I have no phones, no internet, I don't think this is routine.  Is there a problem?"

"No sir, there is no problem.  Our hotel can run on emergency generators but it we limit what services are available, to conserve power.   You should just call it a night.  I have been informed the power will be back online tomorrow.  Please rest and have a good evening."

I went back up to my room.  I locked myself in and tried to sleep.  My head was spinning...this was all wrong.  I didn't feel safe, and I just wanted to go home.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
Well this is interesting, I wasn't expecting that! I wonder if the killer had some suspicions or if they just decided it was time to use a hit.

It sure has been a quiet day today. After a loss like that, it wouldn't surprise me if the Mafia are now trying to hide among the inactive, and maybe any townie is worried about speaking up for fear of being lynched.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
I'm going to side with Toru's vote earlier. JR was awfully protective of lolmonade. He kept trying to sway my attention elsewhere. He only caved in when it was obvious that there was no way to save him from the gallows.

Vote JrLibrarian
My Game Collection

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
OOC: That's why I voted for him, solely on your word Stratos. Good job on the lolmonade vote! I'm still weary of trusting anyone to be honest.

jrlibrarian, got anything to say?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
Stratos messaged me asking if I could join since they "need my help". He titled the message "Mafia". Not sure if he's asking me to join the "Mafia" game or trying to bus and trick me into making everyone think I am Mafia.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
I title all of my mafia game PMs 'Mafia'. Because that is the name of the game...

Or I name them (untitled) because I forget to add a title.

You weren't participating and we need to mobilize the townies that are inactive. There are still too many unknowns in this game.
My Game Collection

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
I haven't done extensive checking, but it's clearly visible that not all of the players are in attendance today.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:13 PM »
To repeat myself from earlier PMs in the past two days, I wasn't trying to protect lolmonade, but simply didn't think that it was a good idea to vote for him at the time, simply because it seemed to me that it was more of a personal vendetta of sorts. Obviously, Stratos' suspicions turned out to be correct, but at the time, I had my doubts.

It was also made clear to me that Spak-Spang made his opinion on the matter clear and was trying pushing the vote away from lolmonade, but we both turned out incorrect, and I was the one pegged for trying to defend him.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
I was thinking about what we could learn from the previous days now that we know who lolmonade was, and I think Stratos may be onto something.

Vote jrlibrarian

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »
JrLibrarian

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
True.  I was thinking out loud.  I decided to play this game on the up and up.  I have been very clear my thoughts and reasons. 

I didn't have all the information about lolmonade, but I promised I would vote for him...and I did.  I didn't know how the vote would turn out, but, if I was wrong I kept my promise, and we lost a townie.  My biggest fear was I was being manipulated and we would lose an important figure.  Now, I know I wasn't...and I am willing to go with vote again to see where it takes us.

The townies have rarely been this lucky in a game. 

I had a theory about the T-Rex, but I think it is wrong.  I thought the T-Rex had some inside information, now I believe the T-Rex just targeted an inactive player...and got lucky. 

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
I think that whole thing last night calls for this [YouTube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_aZQ4F5vU[/youtube]
Ninja Edit.

It looks like the T-Rex action takes place at the end of the night actions…so if that is true, then it is the last action of the night. 

How uh would ah you know uh about the t-rex' s ah sleep schedule... suspicious... in fact ah...
Vote ah spak spang

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
I think that whole thing last night calls for this [YouTube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_aZQ4F5vU[/q]
Ninja Edit.

How uh would ah you know uh about the t-rex' s ah sleep schedule... suspicious... in fact ah...
Vote ah spak spang

agreed Spak Spang to innocent, i vote for him
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »
Vote spak- spang
Plot twist maybe Pokepal or krushie is the t rex!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:35:05 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:08 PM »
Pokepal: Its called reading the rules.  I wasn't sure how it worked...still not sure.  Different mafia games have different rules for the order of actions. 

It is always vote first. But after that there are several methods.
1) All actions take place no matter what.  So if the Doctor protected someone from the mafia, but is attacked by the killer.  The protect works, but killer still kills the Doctor. 
2)Certain roles have priority.  Like, The Doctors role has first priority to see if someone is protected, than the Killer and Vigilante, and finally the mafia hit...or whatever order.  This can cause elements to the game to trigger differently.

In this game it was worded the T-Rex's actions take place at the end of the night actions....it states it in the rules.  So, I assume that means other actions take place first...and the killers last. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »
Lucariofan99:  Thank you for remembering the - in my name. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

You weren't participating

You don't know that. If Kush wants us to start using the PM system, that's what I'm gonna do.