Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 80107 times)

Offline cubefreak123

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2003, 08:41:39 AM »
I think the main reason i dont like xbox is because they have bashed gamecube.  Im not joking i saw it in a video they were showing a football demo and bill gates point to the football and said look thats the gamecube.  I was so pissed the i swoar never to buy a xbox.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2003, 12:28:10 AM »

Originally posted by: cubefreak123
I think the main reason i dont like xbox is because they have bashed gamecube.  Im not joking i saw it in a video they were showing a football demo and bill gates point to the football and said look thats the gamecube.  I was so pissed the i swoar never to buy a xbox.

Microsoft's ad campaigns have been unethical, unfair, and exploitive. Everything they have done is against everything I stand for in console gaming.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2003, 07:09:20 AM »
Heck I'm homeschooled so I don't get out to much. Message boards make up a good part of my social life.  

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2003, 10:55:22 AM »
lol im homeschooled to but i have somewat of a social life i play drums at a pretty big church here in nj but im finally going to a normal school *thanks God* lol. Anyway yes so that is y i hate xbox and i always will there not *friendly people* there to greedy.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2003, 06:59:01 AM »
I like Xbox, I hate m$. So I dont want anything to do with xBox. thats my opinion, ayway.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2003, 08:51:48 AM »

Microsoft's ad campaigns have been unethical, unfair, and exploitive. Everything they have done is against everything I stand for in console gaming.

LMAO, that is just to damn funny. Everything you stand for in console gaming, that is the best part.  You must be a relative of Martha Burke.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2003, 09:32:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Jirachi
I tend to play both consoles and games. To me a game isn't worth over 9.5 unless it has all of the following, decent (preferable excellent) graphics, good controls, lasting gameplay, multiplayer (in some form), and some thing that makes it different from other games. Where do I find the most of these games, on my black box. I don't see why you think there aren't many "good" games on the box, but then again I don't know what types of games you like. IMO xbox has tons of quality games in every genre (except rpg( I mean its rpg's are good but they are mostly realtime, not turnbased which most people like)).

But what you said for eveything that made Halo amazing has been done already on PC games. Well apart from Doom3 which is coming to xbox, none have passed it is graphics, as for massive levels, if you actually take the time to play through halo, you will see that the levels are bigger than most PC games have to offer. Also how can you say that a game has better enemy design, they are two totally different games, one is present realistic, the other is fictional futuristic.

Graphically speaking, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Unreal Tournament 2k3, Unreal 2, and Serious Sam 2nd Enounter are all nicer looking games.  Some of these were out/well into development before the Xbox was even released.  Serious Sam 2nd Encounter has even larger levels than Halo, although Halo has some pretty darn big ones admittedly.

Enemy design has nothing to do with what paradigm the enemies are in.  The game's time period and art style are irrelevant to the discussion.  

The Xbox has tons of quality racing games.  That much is undeniable, but how many racing games do YOU buy in the average year?  Let's face it, where's the topnotch exclusive fighting game?  Not there.  Where are the turn based RPGs?  Not there.  Where's the exclusive killer platformer?  Not there.  Where's the exclusive Zelda killer?  Not there.  The Xbox has a strong lineup of action games, especially "gritty scifi" ones, and a strong lineup of racing games... and not much else.

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2003, 10:11:29 AM »
As an addendum to that... where's the 4 player party games that are really worth playing?  Where's the futuristic racers?

but that aside, I certainly understand that preference plays a big role and that there are a lot of people who are cmpletely happy with their Xboxes.  That's fine.

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2003, 01:34:58 PM »
You want exclusive fighting games, DOA (in ya face). Lol, oh plz name an exclusive fighting game on GCN. SSB melee is not what I call a fighting game. Oh we also have Capcom vs Snk 2 EO (on xbox live).

Want party games there are a few, but then again the averge xbox gamer is an adult, so party games would be big on the system. Kung Fu Chaos, Fuzion Frenzy, Wacked!. Kung Fu Chaos is amazing, even if you don't have an xbox find someone with it, and play it.

Also why does a system have to have an exclusive game. Pretty much all xbox games that are on other systems look better/play better/ are just plain old better. Oh an exclusive platformer would be Blinx: the time sweeper.

RPG's xbox doesn't really have that many turn based rpg's. But it has tons of real time rpg's. IMO real time are better because they require both lightning fast reflexes, and strategy.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2003, 02:07:12 PM »
Yeah, I prefer the real-time RPG as well, which is why I like Zelda better than Final Fantasy. But thing is, most of the time, the traditional RPG would tend to do better, since that is what the Japanese (ane people of other countries) prefer. And with XBox, there are no Final Fantasys or Dragon Quests. And they are only available on PS2 and soon on Gamecube.

Kung Fi Chaos looks funny (from the movies I saw), but I haven't seen it here in Australia. The way the fights are set in movies is pretty novel. And whatever you say, SSBM IS a fighting game, and it is ALSO a party game. As is Kung Fu Chaos (a fighting game).

Fighting games haven't made it that well on Gamecube, but as far as the N64 is concerned, it rocks.

And Blinx is a crap platformer (I have played it so I CAN pass judgement).

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2003, 02:33:52 PM »

You want exclusive fighting games, DOA (in ya face). Lol, oh plz name an exclusive fighting game on GCN. SSB melee is not what I call a fighting game. Oh we also have Capcom vs Snk 2 EO (on xbox live).

Want party games there are a few, but then again the averge xbox gamer is an adult, so party games would be big on the system. Kung Fu Chaos, Fuzion Frenzy, Wacked!. Kung Fu Chaos is amazing, even if you don't have an xbox find someone with it, and play it.

Also why does a system have to have an exclusive game. Pretty much all xbox games that are on other systems look better/play better/ are just plain old better. Oh an exclusive platformer would be Blinx: the time sweeper.

RPG's xbox doesn't really have that many turn based rpg's. But it has tons of real time rpg's. IMO real time are better because they require both lightning fast reflexes, and strategy.

DOA3 is a suped up DOA2.  That is, nothing too special but a solid game nonetheless.  That's a LAUNCH TITLE.  Despite the graphics not being as good, Bloody Roar Primal Fury is every bit as good of a game, then you have Super Smash Brothers which is excellent, although admittedly not a traditional fighter.  I was more speaking for my PS2 where this is concerned.  Can the Xbox touch having VF4 and Tekken Tag Tounament and Tekken 4?  Hardly.

Fuzion Frenzy and Whacked are junk.  Kung Fu Chaos is mediocre next to SSBM at best.  Saying it's an "adult system" isn't an excuse.  You either have the games, or a hole in your lineup.

Don't get me started on Blinx.  It had potential.  I really wanted that game to be good.  It's not.

Most Xbox games look better, but not good enough to say that it's worth buying the system over it, nor is it always the case.  Since they're the same friggin' game, that doesn't mean they play better, they play the same.  A lot of Xbox "exclusives" like Dead to Rights benefitted from the extra time in development and actually play better on the competition's systems.

The Xbox has NO Turn Based RPGs.  It probably never will.  Turn Based RPGs allow for much greater depth of strategy than a realtime one, which saying it has "loads" is a joke.  Morrowind is the only one worth mentioning and Fable, whenever it actually comes out, maybe Kotor depending (I'm looking forward to it quite a bit).  Sudeki?  We'll see, not expecting much.  The GC will own the Xbox where RPGs are concerned before the 2 system's lifecycles are over, guaranteed.

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2003, 03:51:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Christberg

DOA3 is a suped up DOA2.  That is, nothing too special but a solid game nonetheless.  That's a LAUNCH TITLE.  Despite the graphics not being as good, Bloody Roar Primal Fury is every bit as good of a game, then you have Super Smash Brothers which is excellent, although admittedly not a traditional fighter.  I was more speaking for my PS2 where this is concerned.  Can the Xbox touch having VF4 and Tekken Tag Tounament and Tekken 4?  Hardly.

Fuzion Frenzy and Whacked are junk.  Kung Fu Chaos is mediocre next to SSBM at best.  Saying it's an "adult system" isn't an excuse.  You either have the games, or a hole in your lineup.

Don't get me started on Blinx.  It had potential.  I really wanted that game to be good.  It's not.

Most Xbox games look better, but not good enough to say that it's worth buying the system over it, nor is it always the case.  Since they're the same friggin' game, that doesn't mean they play better, they play the same.  A lot of Xbox "exclusives" like Dead to Rights benefitted from the extra time in development and actually play better on the competition's systems.

The Xbox has NO Turn Based RPGs.  It probably never will.  Turn Based RPGs allow for much greater depth of strategy than a realtime one, which saying it has "loads" is a joke.  Morrowind is the only one worth mentioning and Fable, whenever it actually comes out, maybe Kotor depending (I'm looking forward to it quite a bit).  Sudeki?  We'll see, not expecting much.  The GC will own the Xbox where RPGs are concerned before the 2 system's lifecycles are over, guaranteed.

DOA3 is so much more than a suped up DOA2. By saying that I can say that with smash bros aswell. Basically all smash bros melee is super smash bros with more levels, improved graphics, and really junky secret characters. Come on now, Link/young link, Mario/Dr.Mario, Pikachu/Pichu. The list goes on. I used to own ssb melee, sold it once me and my friends played it out. Also tekken, don't make me laugh, the game looks worse than the previous versions. Don't be a hater cause PS2 can't handle games like DOA3. I think its time for developers to stop spiting out qrainny looking games, ie Tekken, VF. Sega should know better.

Fuzion Frenzy and Whacked, do you own any of them. What makes them garbage. Don't just say something is a certain way. Back you OPINION's up with facts.

Blinx is way more innovative than Mario. Wow, mario has a water pack now. Super Mario Sunshine was a big flop. Don't get me wrong, it had decent graphics, tight gameplay, but as far as story, and some thing new, nope. Same old, same old.

No turn based RPG's , oh and Gamecube has soooo many turn based ( movie games, where half the game is a movie) RPG's, I'll name some, Skys of Arcadia?, Evolution Worlds, um tell me some more.what do you call, Metal Dungeon. It may be one, but look things up before you come to conclusions.  

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2003, 04:13:41 PM »
Jirachi:

I had written a VERY long (1 whole page) rant against your posts. But, after reading it, it seems that its been written before by everyone and you just dont get it. So I'm not going to post it and i'll keep this short.

I dont know where I heard this, but its very, very true:

Arguring on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

So i'm not going to argue with you.  

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »
Plz plz, don't get me the wrong way. You see the ling is that my fav system is xbox, my second is GCN. The only thing is that, I'm not gonna stand by and watch ppl diss my system. But then again, have I managed to convince anyone otherwise, nope. Look at the forum, I'm posting in planet GAMECUBE forums. I should have expected this. I should have just pretendend to love gcn more, but there comes a point where, I can't stand ppl saying unture things and influencing others to not purchase certain systems.

As from now on, in these forums, I am a GCN freak. No more defending the box.

P.S. Pokemon rocks, thank you nintendo for this great game.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2003, 04:27:51 PM »

DOA3 is so much more than a suped up DOA2. By saying that I can say that with smash bros aswell. Basically all smash bros melee is super smash bros with more levels, improved graphics, and really junky secret characters. Come on now, Link/young link, Mario/Dr.Mario, Pikachu/Pichu. The list goes on. I used to own ssb melee, sold it once me and my friends played it out. Also tekken, don't make me laugh, the game looks worse than the previous versions. Don't be a hater cause PS2 can't handle games like DOA3. I think its time for developers to stop spiting out qrainny looking games, ie Tekken, VF. Sega should know better.

Fuzion Frenzy and Whacked, do you own any of them. What makes them garbage. Don't just say something is a certain way. Back you OPINION's up with facts.

Blinx is way more innovative than Mario. Wow, mario has a water pack now. Super Mario Sunshine was a big flop. Don't get me wrong, it had decent graphics, tight gameplay, but as far as story, and some thing new, nope. Same old, same old.

No turn based RPG's , oh and Gamecube has soooo many turn based ( movie games, where half the game is a movie) RPG's, I'll name some, Skys of Arcadia?, Evolution Worlds, um tell me some more.what do you call, Metal Dungeon. It may be one, but look things up before you come to conclusions.

have you played metal dungeon- cause if you have you know it sucks
also- graphics do not always make the best games- see fighting games
VF4 is arguably the best fighter to date; while it may not have the graphics of DOA it sure is great to play
i will give you that blinx was innovative, but innovation doesnt always make a great game as blinx isnt the best game out there
now rpgs are what i really love (thus my name)
i do not have an xbox....yet
i might consider getting one for kotor or fable, when it comes out
but i do prefer turn based rpgs- they require strategy and management
basically i do not hate the xbox, but all they really do right so far are fps and sci-fi games
once they get a really good rpg, i may buy one, but those rpgs will probably never come
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2003, 04:31:36 PM »
Jirachi, dont be so cynical and venomous in the first place. Thats why you're getting flamed. Beleive me I'm not a GC fanboi, I actually like Xbox but I refuse to buy it because I dont give money to Microsoft.  

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2003, 05:34:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Christberg

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over anything.  My opinion of DOA2 vs 3 certainly isn't that it's a bad game, it's pretty damn good in fact.  That aside...

Whacked
Fuzion Frenzy
Blinx
Kung Fu Chaos

And these are supposedly excellent exclusive titles that stand up to the likes of

Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22008.asp
Mario Party

Yeah right.  Maybe Mario Party

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2003, 12:37:59 AM »
Blinx? Innovative? Well, not really. Not like Mario Sunshine anyway, which is what ALL platformers should be like. Techno in a platformer doesn't really work for me, And the whoel sweeping up trash thing? well, let's just say a green plumber dows it better.

And yes, if you were expecting this sort of treatment in this GAMECUBE forum in the first place, stop trying to defend yourself as if you DIDN'T expect it.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2003, 03:52:22 AM »
The reason why I think fuzion frenzy is such a lame game because none of the mini games are very inspired. Even the  'fuzion frenzy' is basically hitting the other guy and dropping a ball. The whole game is just so bland, it is fun for 20 minutes, but once you play through practically all games, you are bored to hell.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2003, 10:09:44 AM »
i hate xbox cuz it stand for everything i stand against. sheep that follow something cuz they are told too. not all xbox owners are like this, but i do know many unhappy xbox owners.....cuz they werent informed.....thats y i hate xbox and their flamming fans.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2003, 02:22:36 PM »
Do a lot of your friends also buy 'the best thing ever' products from tv?

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2003, 02:41:13 PM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
i hate xbox cuz it stand for everything i stand against. sheep that follow something cuz they are told too. not all xbox owners are like this, but i do know many unhappy xbox owners.....cuz they werent informed.....thats y i hate xbox and their flamming fans.

Thats nice, like I give a damn. So you think there are no unhappy gcn gamers, I happen to know some myself, including myself. I still have a gamecube, in fact I have purchased two. Why I'm unhappy, because Nintendo just hasn't gotten it yet, twice Nintendo has been beaten by the newcomer.  Why you all know why. If you don't know, I feel sorry for u cause you probably will never know. As for flamming fans, don't act like the xbox users are the ones, you hypocrite.

I think I found the answer to the question "Why do nintendo fans hate xbox so much?"

Answer: Becuse they can't stand to lose.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2003, 03:25:23 PM »
Why?  Because it's not Nintendo, I suppose.

I'm not that interested in Xbox, except for a few games like Halo or Shenmue II, but some Nintendo fans seem to utterly despise it.  Really, what's the point in getting so caught up over it?  If you don't want it, don't buy it.  The only thing that is really annoying is the the fact that we don't get the next PD.  It also has a mildly irritating shade of green.

Offline yrrab436

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2003, 04:52:49 PM »
For me, as I'm sure others in the thread have said, it's just another example of Microsoft encroaching on more markets.  Yuck.  That said, I will eventually get an Xbox.  I'll just get it used so Microsoft doesn't get any money.  Wait!  Microsoft loses money on the console itself!  I'll be sure to get a new Xbox when the time comes!  Mwah ha ha ha ha.  Note that I acknowledge the stance is completely stupid.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2003, 02:37:06 AM »
Jirachi: Your stubborn attitude toward Gamecube reminds me of a guy I know. His name is Matthew Sladescu. Are you Matthew Sladescu?
No? Good, cause I'd hate to have two Matthew Sladescus in this world.

If you LOVE Xbox so much, stop posting here. We do accept people with opinions, like having Xboxes and PS2s and liking them, but it's because you say you don't like your Gamecube anymore which gives you all the more reason to be ranted against. And you're defending the XBox console on a GAMECUBE forum. IS there any more reason NOT to rant at you?