Author Topic: Kickstarter for new Pure Nintendo Magazine UPDATE: Exclusive content  (Read 24054 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter for new Pure Nintendo Magazine needs your help!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
A magazine is where an automatic or semi automatic firearm keeps it bullets.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »
A magazine is where an automatic or semi automatic firearm keeps it bullets.

What if its a bolt action, lever action, pump action, or double action firearm?
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Usually: Clip, Clip, Tube, Magazine.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »
Usually: Clip, Clip, Tube, Magazine.

Isn't the last one a cylinder? You should know because you held a double action firearm in the movie dirty harry when you asked that punk if he felt lucky.
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »
shouldn't this be digital only?

Also NP would still have been here if it would have went digital. THere was a study last week showing future got a massive upswing of readers while being on the apple newstand.

Some people like options and having it digital only limits the market. So having it both a Megazine and digital mag will serve more markets.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »

Also NP would still have been here if it would have went digital. THere was a study last week showing future got a massive upswing of readers while being on the apple newstand.

Some people like options and having it digital only limits the market. So having it both a Megazine and digital mag will serve more markets.

Future wanted to make a digital version of Nintendo Power, but Nintendo refused. So a result, Nintendo chose not to let them keep using the Nintendo Power name. If Future really WANTED to, they could have just changed the name and kept publishing a Nintendo-only magazine here in North America.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

Future wanted to make a digital version of Nintendo Power, but Nintendo refused. So a result, Nintendo chose not to let them keep using the Nintendo Power name. If Future really WANTED to, they could have just changed the name and kept publishing a Nintendo-only magazine here in North America.
I am aware of that TJ. Since that didn't happen this kickstarter can be another option to make that a reality. A second chance if you will.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »
True, I was mainly just replying to shingi and figured I would just quote your reply since it included shingi's.

Maybe if this is a success, Future will do it too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
True, I was mainly just replying to shingi and figured I would just quote your reply since it included shingi's.

Maybe if this is a success, Future will do it too.

Fair enough. I think the only problem with this kickstarter is the dollar amount to get it funded and perhaps how much time is left. These types of Kickstarters need to get lots of exposure and I am about to look around right now to see where exactly where it has been posted. I know when it started it had a month to get it funded for that amount so judging from that I guess that it hasn't been spread around much.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
What the heck is a magazine?
Isn't it a thing that shows pictures of naughty parts? At least, that's what my mum told me to stay away from.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
Just a small update on the rewards they added a $10 option as well for those that for some reason can't donate $20.00.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Robknoxious1

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
I think the only problem with this kickstarter is the dollar amount to get it funded and perhaps how much time is left. These types of Kickstarters need to get lots of exposure and I am about to look around right now to see where exactly where it has been posted. I know when it started it had a month to get it funded for that amount so judging from that I guess that it hasn't been spread around much.
You're right Maxi, they're running out of steam and also running out of time. This is what kinda baffles me. I mostly frequent NinTemple.com (where you know me under the same name) but I took the time to start threads at two other sites (here and at Neg World). I looked around some larger sites and and don't see anything. Why wouldn't PNM start threads at some of the bigger video game forums out there? I've only checked a couple of sites but they would've been the obvious choices. Oh well.

If this doesn't get funded I may go with PNM'S digital option or I may just go with importing ONM.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
I know it's still fairly new, but how many of these Kickstarter projects actually result in anything worthwhile?  It amazes me that so many of these projects gets people to give hundreds of dollars with no guarantee of getting anything in return.

I liked NP back in the day but gaming magazines just seem irrelevant now.  Unless they somehow had a really close relationship with Nintendo and could get some interesting exclusive features, I just don't see the point.
I have had nothing but success with kickstarter stuff. Lots of comic books get funded through that and I've not heard of anything failing. You just have to know what you're getting into. I wouldn't support a video game that's just like "hey we're a company who use to make games you like give us money we have no ideas but we'll get back to you" but I've supported a lot of projects that are just "We need money to print this out in awesome hardcovers" and stuff. All of those have worked out and everything I've backed on kickstarter had either zero or very little chance of getting done by major publishers with the same quality that was done after the kickstarters were funded.

(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
Little update. There is about 8 days left now and they are about half way to their goal. If for some reason you can't donate just get the word out somehow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Robknoxious1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Yeah Maxi I saw that too. It got a nice little bump since yesterday. Good news but still needs more folks to take the plunge.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
I went ahead and pledged. I really think the reward tiers they set up are unappetizing. They really need more at like the $25, 35, 45, 70 levels.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline JMoney

• JWantsYourMoney
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • PureNintendo.com
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 12:54:23 AM »
Justin from Pure Nintendo here.  If anyone has concerns about the Kickstarter or magazine please e-mail me at jhinton@purenintendo.com.  We are a group of tried and true Nintendo gamers just trying to bring quality Nintendo news to Nintendo fans worldwide.  Our magazine is available internationally and the content in the magazine will be different then what is seen on the website.  After the Kickstarter we will be offering print and digital subscriptions 'packs' as well as a Digital only option.  Please feel free to contact me for concerns or questions.  I am always available and willing to answer questions for readers, fans, or anyone who has serious inquiries regarding Pure Nintendo Magazine.
Justin 'J Money'
Assistant Editor @ PureNintendo.com
Writer @ Pure Nintendo Magazine

Offline Robknoxious1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
I went ahead and pledged. I really think the reward tiers they set up are unappetizing. They really need more at like the $25, 35, 45, 70 levels.
Glad you chose to sign up. I saw your - quite astute - suggestion about having an $40 level so you could treat a friend, and how they implemented it. Nice  :D

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
Glad you chose to sign up. I saw your - quite astute - suggestion about having an $40 level so you could treat a friend, and how they implemented it. Nice  :D

Yeah, well, now I have an extra PNM subscription and no idea what I'm going to do with it! LOL!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Robknoxious1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

Yeah, well, now I have an extra PNM subscription and no idea what I'm going to do with it! LOL!
Just don't give it to anyone that posted about how print is dead  ;)  Oh wait, no one here said those words. I was thinking of another site.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:20:30 PM by Robknoxious1 »

Offline Robknoxious1

• View Profile
Re: Kickstarter for new Pure Nintendo Magazine UPDATE: Exclusive content
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
Update:
Some of the chatter on forum posts have questioned what PNM can offer that is different from other online gaming sites. We want to reassure you that we do have official support from Nintendo to run PNM. We have full rights to use the name, and we are working closely with Nintendo's legal and PR teams to guarantee that PNM will feature plenty of exclusive content not available anywhere else.
Many fans have also mentioned that one of the things they disliked about NP was that they didn't focus enough on third party content.  Because PNM is "by fans, for fans", third party titles and game studios will be featured just as prominently. We already have contacts inside several studios developing titles for Wii U and 3DS, and are working hard to gain more.
Thanks for all you do, and please continue to spread the word!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »
I also yesterday put up a post about it on Nintemple.com about it.
http://nintemple.blogspot.com/2012/10/pure-nintendo-kickstarter.html
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
I went ahead and pledged. I also posted a thread about the magazine on CAG, hopefully it reaches it's goal.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
About 46 hours left now. They have 13,657 towards their goal now. I was throwing the idea of a 24 hour livestream on the last day with guests around the Nintendo community to raise the rest but those usually take time to plan and coordination.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
I'm a backer now :)