Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii  (Read 100477 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Goldeneye Wii
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »
The Wii itself may not, but publishers can do it themselves (like EA with the Boom Blox games, which I think do let fans submit their own levels for others to download).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »
It's too bad that the Wii doesn't really provide a mechanism for delivering fan-made maps or DLC, because you know those would be the first two maps that someone would create. 
There are unofficial ways to get fan-made content... but yes, it'd be nice if more games had mapmakers. In fact, the only shooter on any system which comes to mind that has one is TimeSplitters...

The Wii itself may not, but publishers can do it themselves (like EA with the Boom Blox games, which I think do let fans submit their own levels for others to download).
I can confirm that is true, at least for the sequel, Boom Blox Bash Party. The original game just allowed you to send them to people in your Wii Address Book.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
It's too bad that the Wii doesn't really provide a mechanism for delivering fan-made maps or DLC, because you know those would be the first two maps that someone would create. 
There are unofficial ways to get fan-made content... but yes, it'd be nice if more games had mapmakers. In fact, the only shooter on any system which comes to mind that has one is TimeSplitters...

I recall hearing a few people talk about the Halo in-game editor. They're awfully pathetic looking modes when compared to things like GTK Radiant or Hammer, but I guess they please the console crowd well enough.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
I could see something like MineCraft working well on a console. That is exclusively user generated content.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »
I just watched some videos on this and saw a couple more screen shots....

I really want this game. Maybe not right away, but that would be a good time to get it.
It just brought so many memories back (I'm not sure if I was watching what was on the screen or reminiscing on the GE64 playing on the bigscreen in my head) and it looks like they actually put lots of effort in to this to make it such a cinematic presentation.

The intro was excellent and movie worthy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwoKAeZsW0A
and I'm sure the online multi will be great too (I'll have to update everyone on my new <3rd> Wii Friend Code)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2010, 05:06:55 AM »
and I'm sure the online multi will be great too (I'll have to update everyone on my new <3rd> Wii Friend Code)

Even though it was confirmed that both the Headbanger and WiiSpeak will not be compatible with the game?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
it was? well that sux.
I haven't been following that closely, but I do know that the Golden CCPro that this is bundled with is ugly.
thy should have made it a shiny glossy finish or just don't even bother.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
Is the version without the CCPro releasing at the same time as the special edition?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
It looked like it was.

stand alone $50
bundle $70

or something like that, but have you seen closeups of the Golden CCPro?
Gold matte finish with yellow buttons and joysticks. It's pretty damn ugly if you ask me.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
I'm so glad someone else agrees with me on how that CCPro looks.

Even though it was confirmed that both the Headbanger and WiiSpeak will not be compatible with the game?
Pfft, thanks Activison. :T

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
The gold Classic Controller does look pretty bland in pictures. I actually wonder if it looks any better in person, because usually a shine isn't viewable in images. Then again, I've always thought gold as a colour looks pretty tacky.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
the classic controller is not my favorite, but gets the job done, cause i rather play goldeneye with the CC than motion controls.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
I could see something like MineCraft working well on a console. That is exclusively user generated content.

You begin with a randomly generated world. Of course, the LEGO-like quality beyond that has not yet failed to impress. Still, that'd be pretty labor intensive for deaqthmatch matches. I think something that used static meshes, like Unreal Editor, would probably be about the best you could hope for on a console.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2010, 07:17:48 AM »
Surely there could be a way to make it less labor intensive. Like make a build mode and a fight mode. Your creations are 'compiled' so that the program isn't stressing out over all of the pieces you can manipulate in the build mode and you just play in it in the fight mode.
My Game Collection

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »
Didn't see these listed here but with the game coming out Tuesday there might be some on the fence still.

Launch Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06p6R3SWWlY
7 Things You Should Know About GoldenEye 007

GoldenEye Mode Gameplay (Online Multiplayer mode) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQRB97m2zI

Black Box Mode Gameplay (Online Multiplayer) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXNcmR7iCY

Hero Mode Gameplay (Online Multiplayer) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcFiWavQIA

Golden Gun Gameplay (Online Multiplayer) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFBpuMOQyE

Tank Gameplay Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDceKh7CGYQ

This is one of the commercials for the game. There appears to be another as well and they aren't being shown at midnight only but during prime time. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wYekzFiPU
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:47:52 AM by NeoStar9X »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2010, 01:52:44 AM »
Impressions thus far:

Local multiplayer: Fun, but the maps aren't big enough.

Single player: James Bond heeds the Call of Duty.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2010, 05:46:16 AM »
It's official. I'm stumping for Black Ops.

It has confirmed WiiSpeak+Headbanger support, local multi and more robust online. You can even add randoms.

Goldeneye has local multiplayer, limited online, no way to communicate online and is riding the moth eaten coattails of nostalgia. I'll pick it up later for the single player but my holiday time and money goes to Ops.

Mostly stating it here for the fence sitters so they know who else they can look forward to playing from the forums in either game.
My Game Collection

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
Goldeneye has local multiplayer, limited online, no way to communicate online and is riding the moth eaten coattails of nostalgia. I'll pick it up later for the single player but my holiday time and money goes to Ops.
Wow Activison, Wii may not have that great online but BLACK OPS HAS BETTER ONLINE PLAY THEN GOLDENEYE? A REVISION OF A GAME THAT HAD A LEGENDARY MULTIPLAYER ASPECT IN THE N64 DAYS? REALLY?

Nintendo needs to get the Black Ops developer, ASAP.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »
Considering that Activision is behind both games, you think they would share the technology and know how between teams.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
^yeah, but am sure they put much more effort on black ops at least on the multiplayer side.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
At this point, I'm probably going to wait and see what comes of Conduit 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
i dont have much hope, sice the first one sucked so much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2010, 07:49:25 PM »
It didn't suck; it wasn't anything special, but it was a solid, decent game. That, and the very positive press coming out of E3, as well as the sense of mediocrity surrounding this game and my being tired of Call of Duty, leads me to Conduit 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
I thought that The Conduit was solid for what it was, the problem was that it just lacked in content. With it as a foundation, I think High Voltage could turn The Conduit 2 into everything the first game was hyped up to be. Its delay also seems to have been done to polish the game up even further, which can only be a good sign.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
It didn't suck; it wasn't anything special, but it was a solid, decent game. That, and the very positive press coming out of E3, as well as the sense of mediocrity surrounding this game and my being tired of Call of Duty, leads me to Conduit 2.

the graphics were ok, but the controls were a mess, did you try throw a granade?, and the story was mediocre at best. its not one of the wii worst game, but far from the best.