Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 548338 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1400 on: December 16, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »
European 3DS plans  to be unveiled Jan 19th?
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/42255/Euro-3DS-announcement-next-month
Nintendo reveals details of Amsterdam gathering, suggesting 3DS plans are soon to be unveiled

Platform holder Nintendo will reveal its launch plans for new handheld the 3DS at a media event in Amsterdam on January 19th, MCV believes.

Invites for the still mysterious gathering have been sent out to the press this morning.

It’s expected that details will include a firm launch date and price for the 3DS, as well as the day one launch line-up.

Hey Easycure, Stogi....

European Roadtrip!?

Count me in, too.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 16, 2010, 03:53:58 PM »
KDR can go along too.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 16, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »
We have the works of a summer comedy at hand it seems.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
@BnM

haha Hell yeah! We should hatch a lit'le scheme to snatch one those systems (and hopefully, the hot chick it's attached to).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 17, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
Apparently, Macronix (the company that supplies Nintendo with DS and 3DS game cards) revealed that 3DS card will hold between 1GB to 8GB. The original link is in Japanese so here's the news story from GoNintendo

Some people are worried that 8GB won't be enough which is silly. I doubt many games on 3DS will use the full 8GB maximum. For comparison's sake, a PSP UMD holds 1.8GB of storage and there are no dual-UMD games. In fact, I wonder if any 3DS game will ever need a card that large. Now, if Nintendo used cards for their next console.......

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1405 on: December 17, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
Most Wii and Xbox 360 games aren't even 8GB, people are crazy if they think that wouldn't be enough. I don't think we will get those sizes anytime soon though, remember how long it took for us to get the bigger DS cards. The bigger the storage size, the more expensive it is for the publisher.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 18, 2010, 01:35:08 AM »
There may be some direct porting of games from PS360 to 3DS with some 3D added, so that may need some of the larger cart sizes.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
The cost difference due to storage size is negligible. I'm sure it costs just as much for them to produce the 1GB flash chip as it does the 8GB chip. You see substantial differences in retail because of greed mainly, and because companies want you to believe that say an 8GB SD card is more valuable than a 4GB SD card (okay, the 32GB and 64GB cards do actually cost more to make for the time being, but that cost drops every day). A lot of 360 games don't hit the ~6GB size limit (about 1GB is reserved for the video partition/system updates included on disc) for several reasons though - one would be that they have pre-set compression routines for FMVs, etc, so they don't increase bitrates or anything like that just for the sake of filling up the disc. Also keep in mind the 3DS has 2 screens (like the DS of course), and the top screen is 800x240 (400x240 for each eye), and the PSP's screen is 480x272, IIRC (and I do), so FMVs will be twice as big as they are on PSP, arguably. I can't see any reason why the (much needed) storage increase could be considered a bad thing.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1408 on: December 18, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
I have heard multiple developers say they used the smaller DS cards because it was a lot cheaper. Publishers will always try to save money by doing stuff like using as small of a card size as they need (so if the game is about 2.1 GB, they won't use a 4GB card).

Who said that larger card sizes was bad?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 20, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »
Nintendo reveals details of Amsterdam gathering, suggesting 3DS plans are soon to be unveiled

Platform holder Nintendo will reveal its launch plans for new handheld the 3DS at a media event in Amsterdam on January 19th, MCV believes.

Invites for the still mysterious gathering have been sent out to the press this morning.

It’s expected that details will include a firm launch date and price for the 3DS, as well as the day one launch line-up.

3DS event in New York City on January 19th Too
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106200-Rumor-3DS-Details-Likely-On-January-19
Similar invites have gone out to North American gaming press about an event in New York City on January 19. Nintendo has been mum about the specific North American and European release dates for the 3DS so far, so it isn't hard to guess what it could be announcing at these events.

Easycure.....

hope you got some room on the couch ;)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1410 on: December 20, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
I guess the rumors of them giving more info on the 3DS are now likely true since they are having media events in both North America and Europe on the same day.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 22, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/42291/3DS-to-be-2011s-landmark-hardware-hit

The good stuff.

The difference is that there are other brands operating in that space – and we’re really excited about the positioning of the product and what it can achieve. It’s the world’s first mass-market, portable, 3D device, without glasses. Buried within that one sentence are some huge factors that will bring about big changes. It’s a great opportunity to explode 3D onto the wider marketplace

And when they say we can expect for Nintendo to do things differently I hope they mean actually have a real online set up.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 26, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »
We will find out... in January. Yet the 3DS was made with third parties in mind, so someone must have said online needed to be better.

Even Iwata admitted their current online offerings suck, so like the Wii Storage Problem (which... is still kind of broken ho hum) we should get a fix.

Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 26, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »

3DS event in New York City on January 19th Too
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106200-Rumor-3DS-Details-Likely-On-January-19
Similar invites have gone out to North American gaming press about an event in New York City on January 19. Nintendo has been mum about the specific North American and European release dates for the 3DS so far, so it isn't hard to guess what it could be announcing at these events.

Easycure.....

hope you got some room on the couch ;)

You know, A PM about anything going in in NYC would be appreciated. I had fifteen minute before my wii batteries recharge, decided to check out the forums, wandered in here (which I rarely do since I don't follow handhelds as much as I do consoles) and bam, good news! If I didn't happen to have the forum up, i might not of read that post until January 20th dammit!

Hm... invites sent out to gaming press eh? Hey Neal, if you can't make it I don't mind being NWR's Official NYC Correspondent Stand-in for a day..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 26, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »
GameStop started taking pre-orders today

$50 down
SKU - 020132 (just incase they can't find it in their system)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1415 on: December 26, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
Yeah, I heard a GS employee say that earlier. I don't think I will pre-order it, though I do intend to pick it up at launch.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 28, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1142129p1.html

Playable games at Nintendo World
  Not Playable

• Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D (Sega)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D (Square Enix)
  • Gundam The 3D Battle (Namco Bandai)
  • Tales of the Abyss (Namco Bandai)
  • One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP (Namco Bandai)
  • Cubic Ninja (AQ Interactive)
  • Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D (Square Enix)
  • Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011 (Namco Bandai)
  • Animal Resort (Marvelous Entertainment)
  • Xevious (Namco Bandai/Nintendo)
  • 3D Beauty Clock (Bijin Tokei)
  • Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
  • Paper Mario (Nintendo)
  • Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
  • Mario Kart (Nintendo)
  • Nintendo 3DS Camera (Nintendo)
  • Mii Plaza (Nintendo)

•  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1417 on: December 28, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »
Wait, why is Nintendo 3DS Camera listed under both Playable and Not Playable?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 28, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »
Some units may have automatic demos, other may not...?

Goddamn it why is March so far away?!
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 28, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
I HAVE to get some hands on time..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 03, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
3dsbuzz.com has obtained some pictures of a 3DS allegedly pulled off the production line by a Chinese factory worker. (I can't link from my phone so Google it)

There are three interesting tidbits from the article:
1. The home, start, and select buttons now sit flush within the screen's bezel.
2. The 3DS uses a 1300mAh battery compared to DS's 1000mAh and DSi's 840mAh.
3. It has 96MB of RAM, not the 64MB IGN's "reliable source" was so confident about.

So, even with such a huge battery Nintendo wants people to charge the 3DS every night.

Also, since the RAM prediction was low (but still not as high as I thought it would be) it is possible the 266Mhz ARM11 and 200 Mhz (?) Pica GPU may have also been lowballed.

In a few days leaks from Nintendo's closed door meetings at CES and their press events will answer those questions, but for now just thought I'd offer this to those who like me are hungry for 3DS info.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1421 on: January 03, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
3dsbuzz.com has obtained some pictures of a 3DS allegedly pulled off the production line by a Chinese factory worker. (I can't link from my phone so Google it)

There are three interesting tidbits from the article:
1. The home, start, and select buttons now sit flush within the screen's bezel.
2. The 3DS uses a 1300mAh battery compared to DS's 1000mAh and DSi's 840mAh.
3. It has 96MB of RAM, not the 64MB IGN's "reliable source" was so confident about.

So, even with such a huge battery Nintendo wants people to charge the 3DS every night.

Also, since the RAM prediction was low (but still not as high as I thought it would be) it is possible the 266Mhz ARM11 and 200 Mhz (?) Pica GPU may have also been lowballed.

In a few days leaks from Nintendo's closed door meetings at CES and their press events will answer those questions, but for now just thought I'd offer this to those who like me are hungry for 3DS info.

The pics are great, there are size comparison pics of all the whole DS family as well as a GB Micro. There's also a short video, but the unit isn't on. It looks good though. I'm glad it's a bit smaller than the DSi. I can't wait to get my hands on one!
Here's the link: http://www.3dsbuzz.com/chinese-factory-worker-leaks-photos-of-3ds/
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
I hope there's at least one more colour they will release the 3DS as, but that black looks nice. It looks like a nice solid system.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 03, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
The one thing they need to change on the 3DS is the slidepad.
Change it back to the color of the system and everything will be perfect (except for how the top half sits on the bottom when closed).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 03, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »
I kinda like how the analog stick is a different color.
black fairy tales are better at sports