Author Topic: Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory for DS A NO? NO?  (Read 8980 times)

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory for DS A NO? NO?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 11:30:32 AM »
Thank you for proving my point. You assumed I had the worst intentions in mind when I was actually just being a smartass. I was hoping you were in fact aware of the irony when you posted and did so with tongue in cheek (as I did), but judging from your backlash to what I thought was a harmless joke it seems I touched a nerve. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I know what cynicism is. You assumed people were being cynical. That is the motive with negative connotations you imputed to their actions. Therefore, you were being cynical yourself. Words can have more than one meaning.

And to answer your accusation, yes, I'm cynical and fully aware of it. I never said otherwise... in fact my self-proclaimed title of smartass hints at it and that was part of the (lame) humor I hid behind my comment. I was poking equal fun at both of us. This mutually recursive loop ends here.

"whatever, someone can't point out cynicism without being cynical?"

Sure they can, but "wow, the cynicism..." is not the way to do it, and neither is throwing a hissy fit when somebody unintentionally calls you out on it.

Lighten up. I'm not being serious.

Let's go back to discussing just why Ubisoft would release such an obviously sexist and possibly chauvinist image. And why use such a big gun? You don't need that for what it's aiming at. I call penis envy.  
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory for DS A NO? NO?
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 11:32:13 AM »
Back on topic...

Not bad looking at all. Seen one of those Hi-Res shots and I must say it almost looks sexy, almost. I think Splinter Cell is a great franchise for the DS if itcan be pulled off right.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 11:46:31 AM »
What's that red outline around the character supposed to be?

"Paladin, it's cool but you don't know nearly as much as you think."

And there's your jaded negativity. Thanks for assuming how much I think I know in the first place. I may not know as much as I think I know (I wouldn't know), but I know enough to have had the decency of making it clear I wasn't serious. Sorry for the "hissy fit" comment, I wasn't aiming to offend you.

Offline La_Mard

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 11:47:12 AM »
Paladin, it's cool but you don't know nearly as much as you think. I also don't appreciate the "hissy fit" comment because just because you said it doesn't make it true, you're only justifying things to yourself and as it just so happens, you're the only one with the loop. So I didn't respond well to your lame humor. I don't care.

Nile Boogie...yeah I know! I'm so excited about this game. Not only have I not played any of the console version of this (I got discouraged by the first one's linear level design and limited movements for the character which I have read have now both been addressed), but I just truly feel that this genre or any genre in general that is heavily inventory based can benefit greatly from a touchscreen, you know?

Paladin: Ok, that's enough....this isn't me. I'm just playing with ya now dawg. Let's chill! Hee-hee, couldn't help it....you're cool.

Yeah, I was wondering about that outline as well.  I take it you haven't played CT on a console then? Anyone...what is that?

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 12:50:34 PM »
Fine with me.

I've played CT on my PC... single-player though, haven't got into the multiplayer yet. Maybe it's some sort of tag thing and the red outline is it... it seems to be caused by the laser from the gun though, so it could probably be some sort of attempt at a lighting effect.