Author Topic: Warren Spector Discusses Disney Epic Mickey  (Read 1935 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Warren Spector Discusses Disney Epic Mickey
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
The game's creator talks about his design and its world.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=23394

Warren Spector is a highly respected game designer, so it's no surprise that Disney Interactive sat him down to record his thoughts on the upcoming Disney Epic Mickey.  In this video he discusses his design, and the world of Mickey Mouse.    

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Warren Spector Discusses Disney Epic Mickey
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »
Watching this interview makes me all the more confidant that he really 'gets' the Disney history that he's portraying in the game.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
Very nice. I wonder if you can paint anything and everything or certain things. The one scene with the tree house platforms seems like the platform outline was there but only appeared once painted. I guess that's a trade off. Anything there in the game by designers can be removed and then reconstructed. If there is outline (meaning it used to be there before Mickey arrived) it can be rebuilt if you choose to. At least that's what it's looking like.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:46 AM »
I see the Phantom Blot in that trailer. Although he calls the main enemy the Blot too. Connection?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:14:07 AM »
I see the Phantom Blot in that trailer. Although he calls the main enemy the Blot too. Connection?

I believe it's been confirmed that the main enemy is the phantom blot but he's become a lot more vicious since his comic appearances.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:17:17 AM »
I'm no walking Disney encyclopaedia, so the more obscure callbacks have less impact on me, but I must give props to Warren and the guys at Junction Point for the attention to detail with all the references to old characters and locales. Personally, I'm hooked just by this amalgamation of 3 distinctly different gameplay styles and the paint/thinner element that links them all together.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."