Author Topic: Episode 262: The Return of Jeopardy  (Read 12893 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Episode 262: The Return of Jeopardy
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:43:09 AM »

Zach guests to test John and Neal in a game of Jeopardy, but before that, we talk Stonefly, Dinosaur Planet, and Control.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/56416/episode-262-the-return-of-jeopardy

We used to do game shows and hey, maybe we'll do them again? Old co-host Zach Miller joins John and Neal to put them to task in console-related trivia. Before then, Neal talks about the just-announced Stonefly, John emerges from Star Fox fandom to go over the latest in the Dinosaur Planet world, and then Zach talks about why he loves Control.

Send in some listener mail and let us know what you want to see from this revival. Feel to harass the Twitter account as well.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 262: The Return of Jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:12:48 PM »
Great to hear from Zach again. Always a pleasure! :) He last appeared on Episode 237: Sandbox Delights. It was the end of a three episode run for him where he talked about the Mario Galaxy games and Odyssey.

The game Jon played at PAX East was Demolition Man. "I see you've selected Demolition Man." The guy who guided Jon in the game, his father was a Panasonic dealer so he had access to all the 3DO games. https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/29807

I'm glad a version of Dinosaur Planet has made it into the wild. Always interesting to see (and play) such history.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 05:55:46 PM »
Regarding Starfox Adventures, I think the previously held theory was that a bossfight with Scales was planned but scrapped last-minute. I can't find a source for this anymore since it's being buried in new revelations. I recall a Rare staffer having confirmed this, but since I can't find it that might be wrong.

There are unused audio clips present in the game which appear to imply Falco would team up with Fox mid-fight, so it's not clear if that was planned before the merging of Dinosaur Planet and Starfox had begun.
Personally I always assumed that, since Scales explicitly says "fire!" right before Falco showed up, it would be an aerial battle, perhaps re-using the Galleon from the opening cut-scene.

Really cool more information is coming out about this now, it's a fascinating game since the seams are quite visible in places.

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »
Neal, Mad About You crossed over with Friends.  Lisa Kudrow played the Ursula, the waitresss at the Mad About You cafe.  In Friends, it was revealed that Ursula was Phoebe's evil twin sister.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 08:31:26 AM »
Happy to hear the return of both Zach and the game show format! 

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 04:31:28 AM »
I bought Control on Xbox at launch. I loved the art, story and world design, but really didnt like the combat/shooting. I got stuck on a boss battle about half way through and gave up playing.
Last year they added settings for an easy mode, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Using these settings, I finished it.

I first played the game on my original Xbox One. At the time, I didnt realise how much it was stuggling to run the game. it runs so much smoother on the Series X. I havent tried the new Ultimate edition because a physical copy of the base game doesnt get you a free upgrade.

Im kind of tempted to play through the DLC, just to see what happens.