Author Topic: Khushrenada Week Aug. 20 - 26, 2018! Itinerary and Events For Forum Disruption.  (Read 76374 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Look out, users of the NWR Forums. Khushrenada is back and ready to disrupt these forums once again!

From Aug. 20 - 26, there will be a relaxing of the forum rules as some are broken altogether during this special event. It's like a version of The Purge for the forums but with less of the murder-y aspect. Yeah, I'm disappointed about that last part also. Maybe next year.  :D

In order to prepare users ahead of time for this disruption instead of being confused by it as it happens like the first Khushrenada Week, I'm taking a moment to try and give everyone a heads up on the forums as to when it is happening and what will be happening (although there'll still be some surprise as I'm not fully detailing everything here.) It's up to you to decide whether you want to be here to participate during it, watch it play out, complain about it or take a week off from the forums. (Although I'd hope that no one is interested in the latter option.  :'( )

What can you expect?

Bump Immunity - You are allowed to bump any old thread you want. This bump immunity is open through the whole week from Aug. 20 - 26. Calm your beating heart, ThePerm. You, too, UncleBob!

Khushrenada’s Forum Conquest – Have you felt like the forums have been kind of slow? Activity and posting seems to be down from years past? Well, look out, bored forum users. I’ll be posting stuff all over the forums that day to try and create activity and discussions and get all your posting creative juices flowing. This will happen on Monday Aug. 26 (although my hope is that the forum shenanigans will also lead to more activity during the week.)

Dupe me once, shame on me. Dupe me twice…. Well, you’re just really good at duping me - Dupe/Joke Accounts no longer have to hide in fear of being banned. They are free to post all over. Users can even create new dupe/accounts for this day. Special contest for Funniest Post / Best Dupe Account / Worst Dupe Account/ Worst Post and any other categories I think of by this time. The contest thread will happen in The Funhouse. That odd subforum between General Chat and NWR Mafia Games. Also, if you need my help in setting up an account, let me know. I was able to do this for Mafia 75 and the special accounts we used without needing a legitimate e-mail address which I'm sure is something all the staff wants to hear.  :-[  The freedom to use these accounts will run the week of Aug. 20-25 with the awards being handed out on Aug. 26.

Untypical Tuesday & Wacky Wednesday - Probably the most popular and confusing event from last year's Khushrenada Week is back! Once again, usernames and identities will be mixed up. Who will you end up with? Only Khushrenada knows. Feel free to post in or out of “character”around the forums. I’ll also have a couple scenarios for people to play act in Funhouse threads. This would be enacted on Tuesday and Wednesday Aug. 21 & 22 as per the name.

Secret Sabotage - The best way to describe this new event is like how a Secret Santa program would work. All the users that want to participate would send me their names ahead of time before this begins and then I'd arrange who each person is going to gift. Except in this case, the gift may not be something the person receiving it would want. Hmm. Actually, I guess it is exactly how a Secret Santa program would work. To be a part of this event, either sign up below in this Khushrenada Week thread or the one in General Chat or send me a PM or contact me on Discord even. It's that easy! This would occur be on Thursday Aug. 24 with a possible carryover into Friday Aug. 25 if users are finding it funny and want to have more time with it.

Khushrenada Breaks the Forums! – You maniacs! You finally did it! You gave Khushrenada mod powers and thought everything would be hunky-dory?!?! We all knew this day was coming. The ticking time bomb and centerpiece of this year's Khushrenada Week will be happening Friday and Saturday aka Aug. 25 & 26. Ir will be terrible and confusing and you'll just have to wait and see.

You vs 2Khush 2renada : The Revenge! Gold Edition - Talking with Insanolord, we would like to see if we can't get more Community match-making and online play happening. To try and kickstart that possibility, I'm bringing another event that I think is worth trying out a second time and that is having NWR Forum users play me online in various Nintendo games. I'll be trying to keep my schedule as open as possible over the weekend instead of just one day like last year so that hopefully more will be willing to take advantage of the opportunity to face me in more than just forum games. There will be a thread created in the Matchmaking Forums to allow users to sign-up and book a time if interested. Also, it doesn't have to be a competitive game. If you want to visit my town in New Leaf, for instance, we could do that too. Event is happening Saturday and Sunday Aug 25 & 26.

Discord AMA – Moving from the forums, I’ll try and incorporate the Discord branch of the community into this madness in which people can live chat and ask me whatever for awhile. Just part of the winding down at the end of Khushrenada Week and the disruption created by it so it will happen on Sunday Aug. 26.

And who knows. There might be another surprise in store not yet revealed. But first:

IMPORTANT WARNINGS FOR ALL USERS PARTICPATING!!!  :Q :Q :Q

Yes, there will be a relaxing of forum rules during this event except for two places. The Talkback and Podcast Discussion Forums are off-limits and safe havens from the Khushrenada Week shenanigans. No bumping threads, no dupe/joke account postings, no intentional forum breakage will be occurring there during the week. Please don't disrupt those forums and force me to ban you for the week thus missing out on the event. I know, I know. I'm disappointed too. I'm know there's probably a lot of great threads we'd like to see bumped in Talkback and reply to but you'll just have to link and discuss them somewhere else. Maybe next year, right? Gotta find some way to keep this event fresh. But the important thing to remember and take away is that you don't mess with Talkback or Podcast and we can still have our fun throughout the rest of the forums.

So, there you have it. You have 11 days to prepare thy bodies for the coming Forum tragedy. Your Funhouse God(s) can't save you now. Unlike The Moon in Majora's Mask, Khushrenada can't be stopped!  :cool; 

Truthfully, I hope all of the users on this forum will take the opportunity to let loose a bit and do their part to add to some of the madness and memories we have the potential to create. The forums are always at their best when people take the time to participate in discussions, games or events like this rather than sit on the sidelines or watch from afar. It's my wish that this will be a bit of a reward for all of you who continue to be a part of this community and keep up the desire to still participate with it and that everyone will be able to find some amusement and fun during it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I took the liberty of setting up my alt ahead of time. :smug:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yes, I've seen the name already and sent it a PM.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
How many posts is it to set a profile picture? I have a good one for what I have planned.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to this. Will there be any topics of interest to me? Nintendo games? DC Comics? Barbecued Meats? 80s movies?

And the question we've all been wondering... Will Khushrenada buy a Switch?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Finally, the glorious return of Khushrenada!

You can sigh me up for anything which needs to be signed up to.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to this. Will there be any topics of interest to me? Nintendo games? DC Comics? Barbecued Meats? 80s movies?

Some of those, yes.

And the question we've all been wondering... Will Khushrenada buy a Switch?

No. I think I'll plan an elaborate heist and steal one instead. But I'm starting to think these are questions that really should wait until the Discord AMA event.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
How many posts is it to set a profile picture? I have a good one for what I have planned.

Interesting question. I'm not actually sure. Maybe 1 or maybe 10. I'd have thought it would be available from the start but I see that's not the case checking an unused Mafia account I prepared for Mafia 75 which has 0 posts. I checked the MadamBowWow account and that was at 31 posts and could change everything about the profile then. When players took over their mafia accounts for Mafia 75 people were able to add their own avatars after what seemed like 2 posts so I don't think it should take that long to get that ability. Like I said, though, if you need some help getting it set up, let me know and I can use my mod powers on the account to add any profile edits you need to set it up for the event.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Look out, users of the NWR Forums. Khushrenada is back and ready to disrupt these forums once again!

From Aug. 20 - 26, there will be a relaxing of the forum rules as some are broken altogether during this special event. It's like a version of The Purge for the forums but with less of the murder-y aspect. Yeah, I'm disappointed about that last part also. Maybe next year.  :D

In order to prepare users ahead of time for this disruption instead of being confused by it as it happens like the first Khushrenada Week, I'm taking a moment to try and give everyone a heads up on the forums as to when it is happening and what will be happening (although there'll still be some surprise as I'm not fully detailing everything here.) It's up to you to decide whether you want to be here to participate during it, watch it play out, complain about it or take a week off from the forums. (Although I'd hope that no one is interested in the latter option.  :'( )

What can you expect?

Bump Immunity - You are allowed to bump any old thread you want. This bump immunity is open through the whole week from Aug. 20 - 26. Calm your beating heart, ThePerm. You, too, UncleBob!

Khushrenada’s Forum Conquest – Have you felt like the forums have been kind of slow? Activity and posting seems to be down from years past? Well, look out, bored forum users. I’ll be posting stuff all over the forums that day to try and create activity and discussions and get all your posting creative juices flowing. This will happen on Monday Aug. 26 (although my hope is that the forum shenanigans will also lead to more activity during the week.)

Dupe me once, shame on me. Dupe me twice…. Well, you’re just really good at duping me - Dupe/Joke Accounts no longer have to hide in fear of being banned. They are free to post all over. Users can even create new dupe/accounts for this day. Special contest for Funniest Post / Best Dupe Account / Worst Dupe Account/ Worst Post and any other categories I think of by this time. The contest thread will happen in The Funhouse. That odd subforum between General Chat and NWR Mafia Games. Also, if you need my help in setting up an account, let me know. I was able to do this for Mafia 75 and the special accounts we used without needing a legitimate e-mail address which I'm sure is something all the staff wants to hear.  :-[  The freedom to use these accounts will run the week of Aug. 20-25 with the awards being handed out on Aug. 26.

Untypical Tuesday & Wacky Wednesday - Probably the most popular and confusing event from last year's Khushrenada Week is back! Once again, usernames and identities will be mixed up. Who will you end up with? Only Khushrenada knows. Feel free to post in or out of “character”around the forums. I’ll also have a couple scenarios for people to play act in Funhouse threads. This would be enacted on Tuesday and Wednesday Aug. 21 & 22 as per the name.

Secret Sabotage - The best way to describe this new event is like how a Secret Santa program would work. All the users that want to participate would send me their names ahead of time before this begins and then I'd arrange who each person is going to gift. Except in this case, the gift may not be something the person receiving it would want. Hmm. Actually, I guess it is exactly how a Secret Santa program would work. To be a part of this event, either sign up below in this Khushrenada Week thread or the one in General Chat or send me a PM or contact me on Discord even. It's that easy! This would occur be on Thursday Aug. 24 with a possible carryover into Friday Aug. 25 if users are finding it funny and want to have more time with it.

Khushrenada Breaks the Forums! – You maniacs! You finally did it! You gave Khushrenada mod powers and thought everything would be hunky-dory?!?! We all knew this day was coming. The ticking time bomb and centerpiece of this year's Khushrenada Week will be happening Friday and Saturday aka Aug. 25 & 26. Ir will be terrible and confusing and you'll just have to wait and see.

You vs 2Khush 2renada : The Revenge! Gold Edition - Talking with Insanolord, we would like to see if we can't get more Community match-making and online play happening. To try and kickstart that possibility, I'm bringing another event that I think is worth trying out a second time and that is having NWR Forum users play me online in various Nintendo games. I'll be trying to keep my schedule as open as possible over the weekend instead of just one day like last year so that hopefully more will be willing to take advantage of the opportunity to face me in more than just forum games. There will be a thread created in the Matchmaking Forums to allow users to sign-up and book a time if interested. Also, it doesn't have to be a competitive game. If you want to visit my town in New Leaf, for instance, we could do that too. Event is happening Saturday and Sunday Aug 25 & 26.

Discord AMA – Moving from the forums, I’ll try and incorporate the Discord branch of the community into this madness in which people can live chat and ask me whatever for awhile. Just part of the winding down at the end of Khushrenada Week and the disruption created by it so it will happen on Sunday Aug. 26.

And who knows. There might be another surprise in store not yet revealed. But first:

IMPORTANT WARNINGS FOR ALL USERS PARTICPATING!!!  :Q :Q :Q

Yes, there will be a relaxing of forum rules during this event except for two places. The Talkback and Podcast Discussion Forums are off-limits and safe havens from the Khushrenada Week shenanigans. No bumping threads, no dupe/joke account postings, no intentional forum breakage will be occurring there during the week. Please don't disrupt those forums and force me to ban you for the week thus missing out on the event. I know, I know. I'm disappointed too. I'm know there's probably a lot of great threads we'd like to see bumped in Talkback and reply to but you'll just have to link and discuss them somewhere else. Maybe next year, right? Gotta find some way to keep this event fresh. But the important thing to remember and take away is that you don't mess with Talkback or Podcast and we can still have our fun throughout the rest of the forums.

So, there you have it. You have 11 days to prepare thy bodies for the coming Forum tragedy. Your Funhouse God(s) can't save you now. Unlike The Moon in Majora's Mask, Khushrenada can't be stopped!  :cool; 

Truthfully, I hope all of the users on this forum will take the opportunity to let loose a bit and do their part to add to some of the madness and memories we have the potential to create. The forums are always at their best when people take the time to participate in discussions, games or events like this rather than sit on the sidelines or watch from afar. It's my wish that this will be a bit of a reward for all of you who continue to be a part of this community and keep up the desire to still participate with it and that everyone will be able to find some amusement and fun during it.

Yay! Some new forum fun to keep things interesting. Looking forward to it.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So far, it seems only Mop it up is the only other worthy poster on these forums since she is still the only to sign-up for Secret Sabotage. Welp, you only have yourselves to blame if you find that day a bit lacking. I thought for sure we could at least get 20 people or so. The more the merrier and it won't actually require much work on your part. I'll still have to do a lot of the heavy lifting that day.

Let's see some more risk takers already and sign-ups for this.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I guess I'm in for that secret santa thing.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Everyone prepare yourselves for Krushrenada Week Episode VI: Insanolord Strikes Back, coming soon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
AKA Insanolord week? You've got big shoes to fill!