Author Topic: New Zelda bonus disc  (Read 10565 times)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:New Zelda bonus disc?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2003, 08:03:48 PM »
This has got to be the JUICIEST  rumor about Nintendo in a while. My mouth is simply agape....

They have to throw a bone to those who have our cubes(If the rumor holds up). They have to! If not, I'm gonna bribe a Gamestop or EBX or whoever to get that package...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
RE: New Zelda bonus disc?
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2003, 08:09:36 PM »
This is such a cool package if it's true.  Not selling it seperately would be completely retarded and would piss off the loyal fanbase huge.  So naturally Nintendo will only sell it with new Gamecubes.  I mean these are the same dipsh!ts who made it nearly impossible for existing owners to get a demo disc.  I hope they're not that dumb but Nintendo has just been so clueless lately.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2003, 09:12:24 PM »
The thing I find kind of weird about this is that Ocarina is amongst the titles rumored to be on this disk. Why? We just got a Ocarina bonus disk with Master Quest for pre-ordering Wind Waker. Seems kind of pointless and a waste of space. I'd rather see a Master Quest for Majora's Mask or graphically upgraded versions of LoZ and AoL than Ocarina again. The only thing that would make it reasonable to release Ocarina again is if it had upgraded graphics or something.

Either way though I really hope this ends up being true. I'll be super pissed if this will only be available for people who purchase a GC though. Grrr!!!!!!!!
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2003, 09:15:47 PM »
All I have to say is that Billy never (not that I remember) led us wrong with rumors that he heard when he was here.  I doubt that he would change his policies on them since he is the lead over there now too.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2003, 09:25:38 PM »
Yeah, i trust Billy.

Billy - 1
PGC - 0

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2003, 09:50:36 PM »
I give PGC -1 for all the server problems they have given us.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2003, 10:14:03 PM »
You know this rumor and the fact that Billy is always right about this stuff has me very tempted to just dump PGC and go over to Game Informer. Unless PGC starts putting out similar rumors and insider stuff I just don't see what the point is to coming here other than for the forums. Even the forums here aren't much of an edge over Game Informer because Billy will be participating in the boards over there.

Oh and the server thing has been really pissing me off too. I have cable and can just barely get on here.  

It does sadden me since I've been coming here for like over 3 years or so but they just haven't been up to snuff for quite awhile.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2003, 10:41:14 PM »
Yeah, lousy news and a server that is barely functioning is enough reason for me to go elsewhere.  It's one thing to have technical difficulty for a few days, or even a week.  It's another thing entirely to have a server this bad for months on end.  There's no excuse for that.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2003, 11:19:37 PM »
Oh my God, I'm going to have to agree with Mario.  I had a freakin' blast playing "Zelda:Four Swords" at E3.  As many of you know, I now have 4 GBA's, and this game is one of the reasons why.  This will be an absolutely incredible party game...

(Before anyone calls me nuts for having for GBA's, let me say this.  First I have a ton of game playing friends, inlcuding my girlfriend, and second, I got the GBA's for $20 a peice.  Not bad.  Plus I got link cables on clearance at "K-mart" for $3 a peice.)

Anyway, I hope this disk somehow inlcudes, Four Swords, Tetra's Trackers AND Majora's Mask, but that's probably too much to ask for.  It will probably be just the first two, like everyone else said.  It would be really sweet if it was all of the "old school" games however...  
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2003, 11:34:47 PM »
The news here is awesome.   Many many times has it been the first on the net with the scoop.   Yes, lately.

I very rarely have problems connecting here.  And what's with people having problems with double or triple posts?  Impatient?  Again, I've never had that problem.  Although my cable connection is rock solid that could be why.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2003, 03:33:46 AM »
PGC has been having server problems since at least as far back as May.  Look at the front page of the forums, it'll say the most people online at one time was like 180 people or so in May.  The most I have seen on line at any given time has been less than 50.  If it takes me more the 5 minutes to open a link in the forums, then something is wrong.

Several times I have to refresh the page, because I swear it forgets that I am trying to open a page.

But for the bonus disk.  I if have to buy a new GCN to get it, I will, but you can rest assured Nintendo will get an earful from me.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2003, 04:10:17 AM »
i am just gonna wait and see before i get excited because im already getting pretty excited
-KooPA

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2003, 04:25:38 AM »
this is some good news if it is true- hopefully they will actually sell this disk and not just have it as a bonus for buying a gamecube
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2003, 07:16:06 AM »
"You know this rumor and the fact that Billy is always right about this stuff has me very tempted to just dump PGC and go over to Game Informer."

You know you can visit BOTH sites.  It's not like you have to choose one or the other.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2003, 08:26:27 AM »
The Zelda documentary would be interesting, but I have access to all of the other things, so no reason to get it.

Four Swords looks very cool, and Tetra's Trackers looks okay from what I've seen, but I have no GBA, so it's a moot point.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2003, 10:40:31 AM »
I have to say something about "Lame Informer."  I had a subsrciption to this rag forced up me when I last visited GameStop.  It's just seems to have NO credibility whatsoever.  It seemed to me that they were always praising $ony while dumping on M$, Nintendo, and even Sega.  Especially Nintendo.  I wish that I had not thrown away all of my issues of this rag, so that I could quote some of the more offensive "articles."  Many of which were hardly newsworhty.

I'm starting to doubt this bonus disc.  If someone finds any information about this posted elsewhere, from a RELIABLE source.  Please post it.  
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »
The one thing that has pissed me off about GI is their opinion of Mario Party.  Oh wait, it's not even an opinion, more like a personal vendetta.  They probably don't even play the game, yet give it a horrible score.  Their review of Mario Party 4 was pretty funny.  In a sense it was written like so:  "The others were horrible, so this must be too.  I maybe looked at the boxart and it looked crappy, so I gave it a crappy score just like the others."  

Grrrrr...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2003, 12:25:59 PM »
Yes, the same rag who based their sole review of Eternal Darkness on an early E3 build (and gave it a D). I've only read it a few times, and each time I tossed the issue back on the rack in disgust.

Back to the bonus disc, it could very well be true. My local Wal-Mart had a special deal where you could get a Cube, link cable, Wind Waker and the OoT: Master Quest disc for $149, and it sold rather briskly. Of course, I'm betting that if this disc does come out and Nintendo says it will only be for new Gamecube owners, retailers like Target and Best Buy will be selling them for ten bucks anyway.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2003, 12:34:18 PM »
Well, PGC's reporting it now, and that's confirmation enough for me. I used to have a copy of AoL, but it got lost when I moved from Okinawa to Kansas and I've been yearning for another copy ever since.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline MeddmaWamm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2003, 02:53:51 PM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200208/R03.0801.1648.36782.htm Eternal Darkness review

and I have to say I agree that mario party 4 is terrible.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2003, 06:30:54 PM »
That sure as hell ISN'T the Eternal Darkness review I read in a GI issue a couple years ago.

I saw what joshnickerson saw.  Crap.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2003, 06:37:44 PM »
One of many things to be thankful for (besides a GameCube):

The disc will not include the Philips CD-I Zelda games. I saw a few clippings from G4's Icons and I was so shocked at how bad it was it made me appreciate the movie Ishtar (a turkey of a movie starring Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty. The movie is so bad it even made Super Mario Brothers look like 'Gone With the Wind') much more.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2003, 06:49:29 PM »
1) Mario Party 4 was fun when you had friends playing it with you, hence the term "party"
2) I make 3 that says that is in no way, shape, or form the same review of ED that was in the mag.  And if you ask they probably will deny the "bad review"
3) The CD-i games were that bad.  I played one of them many years ago and was scarred.  I almost ditched the Zelda series after that, but thankfully I recovered.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2003, 03:31:31 AM »
Bill: Yo did realise that Phillips, not Nintendo, made the CD-i Zeldas, right?
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2003, 03:49:28 AM »
Yeah, that's why I didn't ditch the Zelda series.  I eventually learned that it wasn't Ninty who made them after all(I was pretty young when I played the CD-i game, so I didn't really look to see who made the games I bought.  I just knew that Zelda=Nintendo )