Author Topic: Rock Band 2?  (Read 89579 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band 2?
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2009, 04:39:36 AM »
Awesome. Thanks for the link. It's hard to figure out what I think about that version since it really is quite different sounding than the original. It's almost an original song by itself. Definitely mellower but I don't think the mellow tone suits the subject matter. The original version definitely works with the lyrics.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
As for downloading and deleting, I guess it's a possibility but I hate waiting for the song to download. Downloads take at least 10 minutes and if I'm going to wait that long, I want it to be for something I'll enjoy and keep playing for awhile.

Why don't you start the download and then go write one of your overly-long posts?  The download will be finished by the time you get back!  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2009, 12:34:30 AM »
I D/L songs when I read or play DS @ night.
I miss my old internet connection that was probably 4x as fast...with un-capped bandwith.  :'(
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2009, 01:41:44 AM »
I D/L songs when I read or play DS @ night.
I miss my old internet connection that was probably 4x as fast...with un-capped bandwith.  :'(

Stratos, uncapped bandwidth is slowly going to be a thing of the past ever since time warner and comcast imposed some kind of restrictions and now all the other companies will fall in line and impose their own bandwidth cap which is sad. The worst ISPs are the ones that charge you extra for overusing bandwidth.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2009, 03:20:50 AM »
I know and I weep.
It just seems so backwards. But one of these years a company will go back to offering uncapped bandwidth as a selling point to steal customers from other companies.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2009, 03:43:13 AM »
As for downloading and deleting, I guess it's a possibility but I hate waiting for the song to download. Downloads take at least 10 minutes and if I'm going to wait that long, I want it to be for something I'll enjoy and keep playing for awhile.

Why don't you start the download and then go write one of your overly-long posts?  The download will be finished by the time you get back!  ;D

Who invited you to this thread anyways?  >:(

We both know that's inefficient anyways. I could download two songs by the time I'm done writing one of my posts.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
So are there any artists you guys are hoping to see sometime on RB or GH?
I could really go for some Nightwish and Within Temptation.
My Game Collection

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2009, 12:25:11 AM »
Wish Artists: Elvis, Prince, Frank Zappa, Queensryche, Bad Brains, Buddy Holly, Hendrix on wii.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:07 AM »
Wish Artists: Elvis, Prince, Frank Zappa, Queensryche, Bad Brains, Buddy Holly, Hendrix on wii.

Elvis would be amazing. Do we know of any reasons that could keep it from either series? Legal issues or lost masters?

The lack of the Hendrix DLC on Wii is sad indeed. I'm hoping that they add it to the Wii version of GH5 to make up for it.

I actually wonder if Activision may try to adopt a similar model to Harmonix with heavy DLC emphasis. They mention a 'series reboot' is eminent with 5. That would bunk a lot of my arguments concerning DLC profit in other threads.
My Game Collection

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
Yes, Elvis would be amazing.  There's actually REAL country artists I want too like Waylon Jennings, hell even his son would be nice (He's borderline southern rock/country).  Or Johnny Cash, but I don't know how much excitement doing anything but vocals you'd get out of it.

Oh, let's add some blues players while we're at it too, like Muddy Waters and B.B. King. or even T Bone Walker.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »
Well, they've said they'll be broadening their musical horizons w/ DLC in the future, so these wishes aren't totally out of the equation, Spinnz (that's your new nickname, ok? ok!).
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2009, 06:57:04 AM »
Well, they've said they'll be broadening their musical horizons w/ DLC in the future, so these wishes aren't totally out of the equation, Spinnz (that's your new nickname, ok? ok!).

On the heels of the broadening musical genres announcement is the new one about Snoop Dogg coming to RB.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2009, 04:08:11 PM »
Well dang, after promises of parity, Wii is shafted w/ no Pearl Jam dlc this week. I was looking forward to it, too.

Hopefully we'll get it next week or the week after... Anybody else picking up Ten tomorrow?
Twitter

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Well dang, after promises of parity, Wii is shafted w/ no Pearl Jam dlc this week. I was looking forward to it, too.

Hopefully we'll get it next week or the week after... Anybody else picking up Ten tomorrow?

I was looking forward to it too. But look at the stuff we did get, it was more recent fare if I remember correctly. It may be soon coming.

But all of that is null considering the system update broke the SD DLC mechanic in RB and GH.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
But all of that is null considering the system update broke the SD DLC mechanic in RB and GH.

Wait, whut?

Do you just mean that these games don't benefit from the SDHC compatibility because they weren't coded with it in mind, or that the update somehow screwed up the "archive" (move automatically to SD card) feature?
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
Anybody else picking up Ten tomorrow?

I picked up Ten when it came out 18 years ago.  (First CD I ever bought--no kidding!)  Why is corporate America trying to resell me my childhood piece by piece?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

Wait, whut?

Do you just mean that these games don't benefit from the SDHC compatibility because they weren't coded with it in mind, or that the update somehow screwed up the "archive" (move automatically to SD card) feature?

Yes, it screwed it up completely. Ask Spinzilla but the GH and RB forums have people all over dealing with the issue.

It apparently also breaks games like Animal Crossing where you store stuff on the SD card. I tried to play around with it to get it to work by deleting the SD Channel's 'ghost file' or clearing off an abnormally large amount of my Wii, but to no avail. Wii update 4.0 is the worst piece of crap ever. I am planning to write a huge letter to RFN because they were celebrating it when I discovered some very important games were ruined by it and I will go as far as to say that I would rather they didn't give us a solution at all instead of this game breaking junk.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »
Why is corporate America trying to resell me my childhood piece by piece?

Why, so you can play it in a video game, of course!

Yes, it screwed it up completely. Ask Spinzilla but the GH and RB forums have people all over dealing with the issue.

:( I will have to investigate this further...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:15:22 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2009, 06:32:16 PM »
Anybody else picking up Ten tomorrow?

I picked up Ten when it came out 18 years ago.  (First CD I ever bought--no kidding!)  Why is corporate America trying to resell me my childhood piece by piece?

I really want the Super Duper Deluxe Edition but apparently it comes to A$500 which is insane. So instead I'll settle with the Deluxe edition because i need my MTV Unplugged fix.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 31, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »
I won't be picking up Ten but I will be picking up Don't Stop Believin'. It's like Harmonix knew I was having a party this weekend and wanted to help out.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 31, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
For those of you who wanted Ten on Wii it is here this week.

Here's the complete Wii list for the 31st:

Pearl Jam- “Onceâ€
Pearl Jam- “Even Flowâ€
Pearl Jam- “Why Goâ€
Pearl Jam- “Blackâ€
Pearl Jam- “Jeremyâ€
Pearl Jam- “Oceansâ€
Pearl Jam- “Porchâ€
Pearl Jam- “Gardenâ€
Pearl Jam- “Deepâ€
Pearl Jam- “Releaseâ€
Pearl Jam- “Master/Slaveâ€

Devo- “Through Being Coolâ€
Faith No More- “We Care A Lotâ€
Fall Out Boy- “I Don’t Careâ€

In case anyone is curious the 360/PS3 content is:

Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker
Glasvegas - Geraldine
Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon
SpongeBob SquarePants - I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You
SpongeBob SquarePants - The Best Day Ever
SpongeBob SquarePants - Where's Gary?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:55:12 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
A whole bunch of Pearl Jam, yet no "Do the Evolution"? :(
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 31, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »
Thanks for the list, Stratos.

But what the... Spongebob Squarepants? Weird. :P

If they're into the weird tracks... give me my "Still Alive" from Portal, dang it!
Twitter

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »
A whole bunch of Pearl Jam, yet no "Do the Evolution"? :(

Ah it is the whole Ten album. To coincide with the re-release of that album in its remixed & remastered form. But yes, DTE would be awesome, wait until PJ re-release Yield (in the next 2 1/2 years) and then perhaps there will be Do the Evolution goodness.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:10:54 PM by blackfootsteps »
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »
Pearl Jam- “Even Flowâ€
That has to be the easiest song in Guitar Hero history. It's the only one I ever could get a 5-star rating on.