Author Topic: suggestion for a new forum  (Read 4202 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
suggestion for a new forum
« on: July 18, 2003, 05:25:08 AM »
why doesn't pgc add a special forum where users can talk about stuff that would normally not be tolerated?  (i.e. polls, games/systems for sale, flame other systems if they so choose, etc)  this way if people actually care about that stuff they can read the forum and if they don't care, they just don't go there.  also, i think it would also help to clear the regular forums of some of the garbage that people stick in there.  meaning, if people had a place where they could sell they used copy of spy hunter, we wouldn't see it in gamecube discussion.  just a suggestion.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: suggestion for a new forum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 05:28:31 AM »
We don't need an unmoderated forum.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »
i'm not suggesting an unmoderated forum.  things like stealing other site's content, offensive language, etc still would not be tolerated.  i think we just need a place to discuss some of the items i mentioned in my previous post.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 05:37:32 AM »
Well,my thought is that the people who do the spamming, don't now it's not allowed so they stick it in whatever section they want.  Having a "Crappity Crap"  forum will not attract many (customers?).  Sure, the mods could move everything,but they're working hard enough right now.

Plus, useless threads don't get many posts, so I don't see much action in that section.  And we don't want anything to soil the good name of this forum.  "Yeah, I was over at PGC, and they have a TON of spam *cough over at the spam section cough*"  
"Pardon?"
"Nothing..."

Polls, games, selling of systems, etc are pretty much useless, and flambait's just make people mad/sad.  There is no need for any of these useless threads, so there is no need to have a place to put them.  The mods do a great job here trying to get us into a good conversation, so we have to think about what we're going to write (unlike I did here )  and don't write, "XBACKZ SUXZ" everywhere.  I figure, once we enter that section, our brains would start to drip out of our ears and onto the keyboard, which would short circuit and electrocute us.  So basically, a section like that would cause more deaths due to forum use in the world, and the numbers are quite high now.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 05:47:09 AM »
i can definitely see your point there, but i'm sticking with my original opinion.  i've see too many legitimate posts get locked because they were technically polls.  

"timesplitters 2 vs 007: nightfire" is technically a poll, but i would consider it a legitimate topic.  but i've seen topics very similar to this get locked before even two posts were entered because the mods said it was a poll.  and while i am greatly appreciative that they keep these forums clean, i do still feel there should be a place to discuss this stuff.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 06:09:26 AM »
Unmoderated or no, I would petition against such a forum.  It's a bad idea any way you want to look at it.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 06:16:53 AM »
petitions aren't allowed in the pgc forums.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 06:33:40 AM »
This idea has been suggested for years. I'm sure it won't take you much time to find our responses to this in other topics.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 06:45:18 AM »
actually, i did search this forum before posting this.  i went back to beginning of may before i gave up.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 06:48:32 AM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu
petitions aren't allowed in the pgc forums.

That kind of petition is used in a different context.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »
it's a joke....

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »
I think even I suggested it once, we could call it FYAD and I would spam :GB2GCD: constantly

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 03:43:59 AM »
It would be rad if it existed and you LOST postcount for posting in it, and also I could write about how the next GTA will let you steal a fat man or an antique bicycle with a huge front wheel.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 04:03:15 AM »
I think we need a sales forum. For all the Japan weekly/daily sales chart, NPD and pie chart whores

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 06:00:29 AM »
Sales forum.... I thought you ment a place for people to post great deals they found on games or systems.  That was my idea that nobody seemed to like.  Somewhere in this section is my thread... with no posts... at all.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2003, 01:49:20 PM »
You should talk to the mods about making the sales thread sticky. There isn't enough interest to support a full thread, but i wouldn't mind visiting a thread to get a heads up on good deals.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 02:17:19 PM »
I can't believe we have forums for games like Animal Crossing and PSO but we somehow don't have one for FINAL FIGHT?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 03:49:32 PM »
Final who?

And your Napolean-esque avatar frightens me, Ty. O_O
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:suggestion for a new forum
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 04:13:57 PM »
845|-| |7 |5 8|50/\/!11111

Don't we have enough pointless topics in general chat anyway (ya ya ya thats where I spend most of my time, I know)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 04:35:56 PM »
Bash it is bison? That doesn't make much sense, manunited.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 08:06:42 AM »
We should create a forum called "Ty's Funhouse!" where we make friends and drink juice and eat Oreos and play GameBoy and have sleepovers, that would be pretty cool, huh?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 11:30:51 AM »
That would be the best forum EVER.  No doubt about it.

Just, don't make it cranberry juice becuase cranberry juice is icky.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 12:08:59 PM »
not S-U-P-E-R juice either please.