Author Topic: Not un-blueing  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Not un-blueing
« on: November 11, 2005, 06:33:25 PM »
In the forums when there is a new thread or post the appropriate folders turn blue right? After you leave or refresh they all turn back to a yellow so you always know when there is a new post or thread made. Well on my computer in the last week or so, the folder haven't been changing back to yellow. I don't know why.

It's not that big of a deal, just really annoying at times. Is there any way to aid the problem?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Not un-blueing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »
Logging out after every session does the trick for me, but I'm lazy so I don't do it often...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Not un-blueing
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:23:03 PM »
Interesting say that, because it just made me realise that I can't logout. I try to, the message box appears "Are you sure you want to log out?" I click Ok. Then BOOM! still logged in.......argggg

EDIT: Problem Solvered.  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 11:36:59 PM »
Every time I load the forum start page without the ?nocookie=yes line it reevaluates which ones I have seen already.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »
It's strange...on the computer I'm on now the folders stay blue if I remain logged in, but on my main computer I can stay logged in as long as I want and the folders always update...
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:57:36 AM »
Yeah, like KDR said, are you bookmarking the forums?  If you are and the page you bookmarked has the nocookie tag in the address, it will never update the cookies.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 08:03:56 AM »
I used to have this problem, but it hasn't happened in a while.

On a similar note, is there any way to make it so you can chose whether a thread (or the whole forum) is still "new" even after exiting the forums?  Sometimes I don't have enough time to read all the new posts in one sitting, but I'd like to be able to keep them as new so I can check them out later.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 05:25:07 AM »
You can bookmark the "nocookies=yes" page so when you want to continue without unbluing you use that bookmark.