Author Topic: Bad Mr. Frosty is Back!!! Clay Fighter coming to WiiWare/DSiWare  (Read 5127 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Bad Mr. Frosty is Back!!! Clay Fighter coming to WiiWare/DSiWare
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:08 AM »

Interplay are doing quite a bit with their old IPs - first the sale of Fallout to Bethesda, then the Gameloft remakes of Earthworm Jim, and now they're going to publish a new Clayfighter game for WiiWare and DSiWare.

The game is being developed by StudioBlack Games, a fairly new development studio which also happens to house Eric Hart, one of the programmers for Clayfighter 2 and designers of Clayfighter 63 1/3.

Clayfighter is planned for a Summer 2010 release.
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/09/clayfighter_gets_remade_for_wi.php

I used to love Clayfighters back in the day on my SNES.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Bad Mr. Frosty is Back!!! Clay Fighter coming to WiiWare/DSiWare
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:33 AM »
This is nice to hear. I personally liked Taffy and Blob.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
I only ever got in to Clay Fighter with Clay Fighter 63 1/3, mainly because Earthworm Jim was in it and I loved him at the time. Unfortunately I was never able to play it, but I did get a chance to rent Clay Fighter on SNES once or twice and remember enjoying it.

I'll keep an eye out for this one, and even if I don't get it its a great addition to the Wiiware library.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
I love the style, but as a fighting game I found it lacking... something... not sure what. It just didn't feel as tight or refined as SF. Still have some fond memories though. Blue Suede Goo. :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
I'm not a fan of fighters. I have the two ClayFighter games for the Nintendo 64, and though the style of the game is unique, the game itself is pretty dull.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »
Well, this certainly seems to be the year of wierd and unexpected license revivals.  Unlike Boy & His Blob, though, I'm not particularly interested in this one.  The original games weren't particularly memorable outside of their visuals.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:19:05 PM »
Clayfighter was an ok game, but Clayfighter 2 rocked. 

I would not mind this game but I am afraid of the upgraded graphics, will they actually go through the time and effort to use stop motion animation or will just try to make CG models look like stop motion animation?  I am afraid they will go the cheap route. 

As for the fighting Engine they are going to need to really ramp up the engine creating combos and better effects all around.  If they can somehow get a game that plays like a Street Fighter Alpha/3.  But have little Mortal Kombat touches of clay/blood flying everywhere it would be great. 

I would say I can accept CG clay for blood/clay splatter so they can just go crazy over the top silly with those effects...I think they didn't go far enough in the earlier games.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:26 AM »
The coolest thing about Clay Fighter was the title of the sequels, even though they seemed to rip off The Naked Gun.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 02:54:48 PM »
The coolest thing about Clay Fighter was the title of the sequels, even though they seemed to rip off The Naked Gun.

which isn't a crime because they're just that awesome (the naked gun series)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.