Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170075 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Another announcement....

BLADE

- starring Mahershala Ali (aka Cottonmouth) r.i.p. MCUNeflix. LOL

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mahershala-ali-star-blade-marvel-1225888
Speaking to THR after the presentation, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said that Ali called the studio after winning the Oscar for his work Green Book. "When Mahershala calls, you answer," he said. At the meeting, Ali came right out and said that he wanted to do Blade. That was that.

Feige on why Ali was perfect casting.
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1152781839993458688?s=20

and according to Marvel.com, Blade is a movie.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/sdcc-2019-marvel-studios-blade-announced
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:24:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I don’t love the Thor: Love and Thunder title or logo. Movie premise sounds great though!

Out of all the Disney+ shows, I’m looking forward to Falcon and The Winter Solider the most. There is a part of me that’s holding out hope we get live-action Peggy Carter as Captain America. Really just want more Hayley Atwell in the MCU.

I wonder if Marvel plans to fold Loki back into the main timeline somehow.

Mahershala Ali as Blade?! Give me that all day, every day. He was so good as Cottonmouth (and everything). Easily the best part of Luke Cage.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
SDCC 2019 MCU UPDATE
« Reply #4102 on: July 20, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
For the New Page

Shang Chi: And the Legend of the Ten Rings

February 12, 2021

Villain = The Mandarin (the real one)
Just revealed at SDCC

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/20/shang-chi-movie-marvel-comic-con/

Chinese-Canadian actor Simu Liu has been cast as Shang-Chi, while Tony Leung will play the Mandarin (yes, the real one this time, unlike the character we met in Iron Man 3). Awkwafina has also been cast in the film, it was announced Saturday.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-eternals-details-unveiled-at-marvels-comic-con-panel-angelina-jolie-surprises-hall-h-pic-opening-nov-2020-1202649881/

November 6, 2020

starring: Richard Madden. Kumail Nanjiani. Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, Don Lee, Angelina Jolie.
(still holding out for Keanu Reeves?)

Thena - Angelina Jolie
Ajax - Salma Hayek
Ikaris - Richard Madden
Kingo - Kumail Nanjiani
Phastos - Bryan Tyree Henry
Sprite - Lia McHugh
Gilgamesh - Don Lee
Makkari - Lauren Ridloff

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness

May 7, 2021

first "SCARY" MCU film
Rated PG-13

guest starring: Scarlet Witch (Thor: Yes!!!)
and ties into WandaVision
THOR: Love and Thunder!!

November 2021

it appears to have Thor and Valkyrie in it since they are both on stage next to Waititi
- Based on the Jason Aaron Might Thor run (meaning female Thor)
- Natalie Portman is back...... as Female Thor <-Link is SPOILER PIC
Black Widow

May 2020

- Florence Pugh plays Yelena
- David Harbour (Sherrif from Stranger Things) plays Alex
- Movie explains Black Widows past
Disney+ News:

Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Fall of 2020

- Anthony Mackey had a fitting for his Captain America suit and says "It looks good, so good"

WadaVision - Spring 2021

- takes place post Endgame
- Monica Rambeau is in this series...... played by Tiana Paris
- ties into Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness

Loki - Spring 2021

- Starring The Watcher(?) - voiced by Jeffrey Wright

Hawkeye (the series) - Fall 2021

Title Intro: https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/status/1152805102421454848?s=20

- Co-starring Kate Bishop
FYI: Kevin Feige started the presentation by stating the following:

Endgame will pass Avatar in a matter of days (it is less than $6M away, and they haven't totaled the international BO for about a week....)

He also stated that the first 3 Phases concluded the

and that Phase 4 will contain 10 Films in total (as of right now)

05/01/2020 - Black Widow
11/06/2020 - Eternals
02/12/2021 - Shang Chi: And the Legend of the Ten Rings
05/07/2021 - Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness
11/05/2021 - Thor: Love & Thunder
02/18/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: Black Panther: Vibranium Boogaloo)
05/06/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: GotG3 - Asguardians no more?)
07/29/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: Spider-man: Home Away from Home / No Place like Home )

also announced/mentioned to be in development with no details:
Fantastic Four
Mutants (X-Men)
Captain Marvel 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:29:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don’t love the Thor: Love and Thunder title or logo. Movie premise sounds great though!

Out of all the Disney+ shows, I’m looking forward to Falcon and The Winter Solider the most. There is a part of me that’s holding out hope we get live-action Peggy Carter as Captain America. Really just want more Hayley Atwell in the MCU.

Mahershala Ali as Blade?! Give me that all day, every day. He was so good as Cottonmouth (and everything). Easily the best part of Luke Cage.

I agree with the Thor name and logo. Reminds me of some 80's Flash Gordon era stuff, but that's probably the intent.

I also really dislike the Loki logo as well. They could've done so much better with that what what we ended up with.

But I'm also gonna guess that Blade is gonna be a Hulu series.... or are we expecting it to be a movie!!? I'm thinking series, and wasn't there an easter egg with some vampires back in Phase 2? related to the Justin Hammer in prison One-Shot or something?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
And more confirmations of movies.  Guardians 3, Black Panther 2 and Cap Marvel 2.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1085327-comic-con-black-panther-2-captain-marvel-2-and-guardians-3-confirmed

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile

I agree with the Thor name and logo. Reminds me of some 80's Flash Gordon era stuff, but that's probably the intent.

I adore it.  I don't think there could have been a more appropriate subtitle for Thor 4 given Mr Waititi is directing.  It's him to a 'T'.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Curious about the Black Widow movie, but that's pretty much the only one in this batch I care about.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness looks like it could be a game changer. Would love if it ended with pulling dead/unaccounted for characters into 2023 or whatever year this takes place in.

A little surprised there are only two MCU movies next year, but 2021 and 2022 are packed with movies and TV shows. Take my money, Disney.

07/29/2022 = Daredevil (quote this for the cold take later).

Yeah, don’t love the Loki logo either. Marvel has updated logos in the past so here’s hoping?

I kind of expect Blade to be a movie. If it’s a show, I’d rather it be on Disney+ because I don’t want a subscription to Hulu again.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
I am stoked with all these reveals.  At the moment I'm pretty indifferent about Eternals because I know nothing about them at all but I have no doubts that it'll be an entertaining movie.  All the other stuff is great though.  I'm most excited for Thor.  I can't wait to see how Ms Portman handles the role. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
On Marsahala Ali Universe bending.

I think when the time comes the Netflix actors can soft reboot reprise their characters for the MCU. After all JK Simmons reprised JJ Jameson. I always said just cast him again.  They did. I clapped! Cottonmouth is dead too so there is that
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:41:11 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Ali wouldn’t even be the first actor to play different roles in the MCU. For example, Alfre Woodard, Clancy Brown, and Martin Starr have all double dipped. Woodard and Brown even jumped between the main MCU and the street-level Netflix MCU. Granted, Brown’s Surtur was entirely CG.

Personally, I think the best move for the Netflix characters is to treat those seasons like Marvel currently treats The Incredible Hulk. Everything happened, but we’re not really going to talk about it. William Hurt returned as Thunderbolt Ross and they just don’t sweat what he did before Captain America: Civil War. If Jon Bernthal and Vincent D’Onfrio just show up in Spider-Man: Home Cooked Meal, just play it off like they were always there and it’s nothing special.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

05/01/2020 - Black Widow
11/06/2020 - Eternals
05/06/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: GotG3 - No, Seriously: Where Is Gamora?)
07/29/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: Spider-man: Home Away from Home / No Place like Home )

While I expect the movies we know are coming to actually come during this phase, the only thing that's missing is an Avengers movie.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

05/01/2020 - Black Widow
11/06/2020 - Eternals
05/06/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: GotG3 - No, Seriously: Where Is Gamora?)

While I expect the movies we know are coming to actually come during this phase, the only thing that's missing is an Avengers movie.

Based on the part you just quoted, there are still 2 more movies to be added, but I didn't have the release dates.

It could be:

3/2023 - Captain Marvel 2
5/2023 - Dark Avengers

I don't know where that leaves Blade, which was apparently mentioned to be a movie by marvel.com (i updated the post at the top of the page), but I assume they don't want to wait too long.

10/2023 - Blade

After sleeping on it, the look of the Thor logo has really grown on me.
Reminds me of some He-Man: Master of the Universe

The Love and Thunder subtitle, I'm still not loving so much.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:07:27 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
So Thor Love and Thunder, Thor goes on a dating game and has to choose between Jane, Valkryie, and Lady Sif?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
SDCC 2019 MCU Panel Video
« Reply #4114 on: July 21, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
The entire ComicCon MCU Panel is online to view right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4Vl4e1Pq0

I just found it, so i obviously haven't watched it yet, but there some audio missing and title reveals not shown.
But I've posted all the title graphics above, so here is all the parts inbetween.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:56:26 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
After sleeping on it, the look of the Thor logo has really grown on me.
Reminds me of some He-Man: Master of the Universe

The Love and Thunder subtitle, I'm still not loving so much.
The subtitle is bad. Maybe it’ll make more sense once we know more about the plot. Right now, it feels like bad marketing. Marvel introduces Jane Foster Thor (spoiler tag just in case) and it suddenly decided to invoke “love” in the title. Plays a little cheesy if that’s what the company is going for.

The logo itself is fine. I don’t like the color choices or at least the color choices together.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I find it funny that the version of the Thor logo on the screen was different from the official promotional pic released.

Having watched a portion of the video, even Hemsworth kinda points it out as he was in the middle of calling the logo awesome to the crowd, then turns around to look at it and said "this is the first time I've seen this version"
Lol

edit: Hawkeye title Intro: (updating post at top of thread too)
https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/status/1152805102421454848?s=20
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:19:10 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Hmm...interesting. Adjusted for inflation, Avatar still has the biggest box office return of all time. Guess it's going to take a Marvel film bigger than Endgame to unseat it, which just isn't going to happen.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/avengers-endgame-is-the-biggest-film-of-all-time-w/1100-6468586/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I just wanted to make one adjustment to release predictions.
Since Spider-Man is a Sony movie, and Sony wants a Spider-man movie every 2 years....

05/01/2020 - Black Widow
11/06/2020 - Eternals
07/0?/2021 - (not announced yet - my guess: Spider-man: Home Away from Home / No Place like Home )
05/06/2022 - (not announced yet - my guess: GotG3 - Asguardians no more?)
07/29/2022 - ? (Ant Man3? Nova? Blade? Nick Fury: Agent of SWORD?)
03/0?/2023 - Captain Marvel 2
05/0?/2023 - Dark Avengers

But that makes for 11 movies, including the 1 from Sony
and we still haven't included Fantastic 4, X-Men, Deadpool, Ms Marvel, etc etc etc
so much more to see in the MCU. It's kinda crazy they are pulling this off and keeping the HYPE levels as high as they are. People are actually approaching Marvel to be in the movies too. It's just insane.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
So Thor Love and Thunder, Thor goes on a dating game and has to choose between Jane, Valkryie, and Lady Sif?

Well it won't be Valkyrie. 

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1085539-comic-con-tessa-thompsons-valkyrie-will-be-mcus-first-lgbtq-hero

While I have no problem with this in itself, just have it in the movie but don't make a big song and dance about it.  Don't shove it in my face.  This is a big reason why I bailed from Supergirl.  I am not watching this stuff to be fed political messages.  I want to be entertained. 

I think that's the one thing I actually approved in Deadpool 2.  They had a lesbian couple, but there was no pushing it.  It was just there.  No fanfare, no flag waving or drawing attention to it.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I think that's the one thing I actually approved in Deadpool 2.  They had a lesbian couple, but there was no pushing it.  It was just there.  No fanfare, no flag waving or drawing attention to it.
I get what you mean though Deadpool 2 may not be the best example. Negasonic Teenage Warhead literally says, “She’s my girlfriend, you intolerant ****.” I don’t know if they could have drawn more attention to it.

My issue is with excessive shipping regardless of a character’s sexuality. It’s totally possible to work romance into the framework of a story. Supergirl and Agents of Shield are hard to watch at times because so much screen time is devoted to pairing characters together. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it feels like why-are-they-spending-so-much-time-on-this? Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter was like the most pointless ship though maybe Marvel had to switch gears when Chris Evans decided to peace out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The quote misses all the context that made it not that kind of statement. Ryan was making fun of those types(Also FOX and friends) as Warhead made the assumption that he was going to be sexist when he wasn't, he was just being a plain dick. The joke was who would willingly date Warhead, gender never entered into it. They also don't like each other so trading barbs is natural.

This isn't out of the ordinary for Deadpool, it makes fun of everything. Deadpool enjoys getting pegged ffs.

Another thing is that there was no cynical marketing for this being some "Milestone" like Cap Marvel/Black Panther nor did it strawman entire groups to change relative height of another which does piss people off. Deadpool is the worse example if you are looking for that junk.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
They’re not mutually exclusive. Merely mentioning Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio being in a same sex relationship (even if the point is to subvert expectations with a joke or two) is drawing attention to it. Not a bad thing, but also not what is being described. And if we’re being cynical, including it for a couple gags is the worst kind of inclusion. Want it to be “just there”? Let it be and move on. None of that dialog needed to be in Deadpool 2. If you saw the first one, you know Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Deadpool don’t like each other. If you didn’t, subsequent dialog accomplishes the same goal.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Apparently, what was announced yesterday is the "Complete" Phase 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHyNRW7ZlSk

So Phase 4 will be a quick 2 year phase....

It's only 5 movies, but with the mini-series on D+, the hour count is gonna be the equivalent of many times that. (6-8 x1hour long episodes per series x5 series = 30-40hrs of D+ content)

and then I guess Phase 5 starts in 2022.

The question that remains is, will Spider-Man: Home Grown Hero / Homeward Bound be part of Phase 4 or Phase 5? 2021 has no July movie slotted.... and Sony wants SM every 2-3 years I believe.

05/01/2020 - Black Widow
11/06/2020 - Eternals
07/0?/2021 - (not announced yet - my guess: Spider-man: Home Away from Home / No Place like Home )

and since we keep doing it anyway, let's guess the subtitle for the next Spider-Man movie
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:55:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Spider-man: Home is where the heart is.
Spider-man: Home sweet home
Spider-man: Homestar Runner
Spider-man: Home-eo-pathic Medicine
Spider-man: Stealing home base