Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170062 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #3250 on: April 14, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
edit: what's even more exciting news than knowing IW may break OW records... at least for comic and Marvel movies?
The rumor that AoS has been renewed for Season 6
https://movietvtechgeeks.com/agents-of-shield-devils-complex-earns-marvels-show-season-6/

Still not a confirmation, but as close as we'll get till May....
Disney/ABC annoucne season and series finales
https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abc-announces-season-finale-dates/

Hint: 3 shows listed as "Series Finale", AoS is not one of them

it's not concrete, but it's all we got for now.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 14, 2018, 01:33:31 PM »
Jesus, some of those shows needed to go with some dignity a long time ago.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: April 14, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
No joke. My wife was the big Once Upon a Time fan, but I got roped into it. I stuck with it through S6 because it became a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine even as it began to run thin. S6 was as perfect of a series wrap-up as they could have hoped for and perfectly closed out the series. I have not paid any attention to S7 and I hear it is terrible. So anyone part-way through the series I say close out at S6, you will be much happier. When you lose over 1/3rd of your core cast it is a pretty clear sign that you should quit while you were ahead. Though it sounds like they are patching up a few of their bigger plot fumbles with the close out and got everyone back for another proper finale.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: April 15, 2018, 12:36:08 AM »
I stopped watching The Middle quite a few years back when what his name went to university yet kept showing up. While it was a bit of real life Simpsons-like fun you were essentially watching the same episode over and over again. So season 2?

Cue mundane problem. Sue screams a bunch mostly about being unattractive despite being drop dead gorgeous and better looking than the girl she is jealous of, no joke. Axl throws a fit about something impossible then mopes. Brick mutters under his breath while becoming decreasing adorable. Dad complains about having to deal with the problem as he has job problems to deal with. Mother herds cats.

Malcolm in the Middle was somewhat the same structure but the problems were insane with insane answers executed insanely. Hal getting chased down by the FCC MiB for running an illegal radio station or going to the job interview fit for SPECTER. Francis realising he is the sane one. Dewey being told he isn't cute anymore. Reese being ok with being an idiot. Malcolm getting told he will be PotUS and why. Jane Kaczmarek and Bryan Cranston are the real stars banging on the walls passionately chewing on it at the same time. The problem usually doesn't get solved most of the time but just goes away because they got bigger fish to fry or it's done the damage and now they literally have to live with it. Everyone screams including Stevie who can't. Ended in a good spot.

Some of the shows that aren't ending needs to go.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: April 15, 2018, 01:51:13 AM »
Wow! America's Funniest Home Videos truly is the show that will not die.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: April 15, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
The "my review card already has 10s" comment has me curious. There are some very obvious duds in the MCU, but I was wondering whether you, as a fan, are willing to look past their flaws because of the world-building they offer.

Rather than explicitly state these, however, I was hoping for your opinion. What are the five worst MCU movies?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 15, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
Thor 2
Incredible Hulk
Iron-Man 3
Iron-Man 3
Iron-Man 3
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 15, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
Fair enough, though Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron certainly belong there, as well.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: April 15, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
I actually like Iron Man 3 a lot. I think it is one of the stronger Marvel offerings. But then, I have no point of reference to The Mandarin character so I'm not bothered by that twist like a lot of other fans were.

5 Worst. That's a tough one because there are a few contenders.

5. Ant-Man
4. Thor 2
3. Captain America 1
2. Avengers 2
1. Thor 1

I haven't seen The Incredible Hulk to judge it and if expanded to 6 choices I'd probably include Iron Man 2 at that 6th spot. Interestingly, I did a quick Google Search of Marvel Movies to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything when thinking of Marvel movies I didn't much care for and the first result is a ranking by Esquire of Marvel movies and my opinion of the lower Marvel Movies seems to line up quite well with theirs. I disagree a bit about their top 11 rankings as I think their number 1 choice is more middle of the pack and would bump up Iron Man 3 and probably swap position of Captain America 2 and 3 at least but it's not that off in providing a listing of the best to average to worst films.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 15, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
I think the only true "dud" in the MCU is the Inhumans. Everything else has some redeeming parts or fans that appreciate it in some capacity.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: April 15, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »
I'd say my 5 least favorite Marvel films are

1. Thor 2
2. Iron Man 2
3. Incredible Hulk
4. Ant Man
5. Doctor Strange

Of course even though they're my least favorite I don't find any of them outright bad.  Even Thor 2 which is the worst is still a watchable movie, just somewhat boring at times.  Marvel has yet to make something that's outright terrible or offensively made to me like X-Men 3, Green Lateran, Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad.

I actually like Iron Man 3 a lot. I think it is one of the stronger Marvel offerings. But then, I have no point of reference to The Mandarin character so I'm not bothered by that twist like a lot of other fans were.

Yeah I really liked Iron Man 3 as well.  It's basically a Shane Black action movie, staring Iron Man and was awesome for it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: April 15, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »
Dude Captain America 1 is like top 5. Maybe. It's so hard because the bad ones are still good.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: April 15, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »
I see Age of Ultron is on a few people's lists. 

I too was disappointed with it. However a few weeks ago I watched both Avengers movies back to back.  Traditionally I always enjoyed the first Avengers substantially more.  It was up there with my favourite movies ever.  Imagine my unexpected surprise when I enjoyed Age of Ultron far more than the first Avengers movie in this sitting. 

I'm going to have to watch it again soon to see if I still feel that way or if it was just a weird mood thing.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: April 15, 2018, 04:53:54 PM »
I think the only true "dud" in the MCU is the Inhumans. Everything else has some redeeming parts or fans that appreciate it in some capacity.

I've yet to see Runaways but i agree. While Agent Carter may not have been a massive hit, ratings wise, they still completely nailed the casting with Hayley Atwell much like RDJ. The early posters just made everyone look uncomfortable with what they were trying to do... if they had several seasons and change in showrunner things might improve.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: April 15, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »
Thor 2
Incredible Hulk
Iron-Man 3
Iron-Man 3
Iron-Man 3
I was about to post almost this exact list but didn’t have time before A Quiet Place started. I haven’t seen Thor 2 so my list would have been Incredible Hulk then Iron Man 3 four times.

Anyway, I haven’t seen Inhumans either. while Iron Fist isn’t a film, I’d put it in any list of Marvel duds. Age of Ultron wasn’t great and probably wouldn’t have been much better even if Joss Whedon released his three and a half hour version. It did have James Spader as Ultron so that’s something.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:21:39 PM by Adrock »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: April 15, 2018, 08:16:14 PM »
Iron-Man 3 is the closest thing to a bad movie in the MCU, in my opinion. They ruined Mandarin, and the fire people were just too unbelievable.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 15, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »
Ehh, Iron Man 3 is a bad movie. I’m on the fence on whether they ruined the Mandarin because what they did wasn’t good, but the Mandarin in the comics is problematic due to being an outdated caricature. How do they update the character without practically starting from scratch?

Anyway, I remember reading that Ike Perlmutter basically forced Shane Black to nix Maya Hansen as the main villain because he didn’t think Marvel could sell as many toys with a female villain. When I rewatched Iron Man 3, it made sense. The story was built for Hansen to be the woman behind the curtain then she just unceremoniously dies in the middle. I like Guy Pearce as an actor and he did the best he could as Aldrich Killian, but it just didn’t work. What a waste of Rebecca Hall too. Just thinking about Iron Man 3 for this long is making me sad.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:46:42 PM by Adrock »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: April 15, 2018, 10:57:38 PM »
Hmmm...I still wouldn't day bad, just not good. Idk, maybe it is bad and my fanboyism won't allow me to admit it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: April 15, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »
The "my review card already has 10s" comment has me curious. There are some very obvious duds in the MCU, but I was wondering whether you, as a fan, are willing to look past their flaws because of the world-building they offer.

Rather than explicitly state these, however, I was hoping for your opinion. What are the five worst MCU movies?

I believe I made that comment... but I'm too lazy to go back and look.

While I don't personally think any of the Marvel MCU Movies were "bad movies" there are a few that certainly lower the bar for all the rest. The majority of those came in Phase 1. So in the order of release, these are the bottom 3:
The Hulk
Iron Man2
Thor: TDW

and to round out a bottom 5, these next 2 are just more forgettable than the rest:
Iron Man 3
Avengers AOU

Now if I were to pick a bottom 2 out of each phase....
Phase 1:
Hulk
IM2

Phase 2:
IM3
Thor: TDW

Phase 3:
Doctor Strange
(TBD)

Hmmm...I still wouldn't day bad, just not good. Idk, maybe it is bad and my fanboyism won't allow me to admit it.

I wasn't invested in the Madarin as a character from the comics, so I actually enjoyed the twist, and knowing that they "retconned" it to leave an opening for an actual Mandarin, is all good in my book.
Especially if the same actor comes back to reprise the role and somehow become the actual Mandarin through some magic rings ****.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:42:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 16, 2018, 03:57:03 AM »
They ruined Mandarin.

Watch the 'All Hail the King' oneshot that was on the Thor: Dark World disc release.

https://vimeo.com/129341896

It makes Iron Man 3 a much better movie :)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: April 16, 2018, 07:42:27 PM »
I'm assuming The Hulk = The Incredible Hulk (since Hulk is not an MCU movie).

I've always wanted to watch that All Hail the King but never have. Thanks for the link.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: April 16, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »
I'm assuming The Hulk = The Incredible Hulk (since Hulk is not an MCU movie).

I've always wanted to watch that All Hail the King but never have. Thanks for the link.

Yes, TIH

and the links to the One Shots have been in the OP since ages ago ;)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Lol I haven't ever checked the OP since this thread was created. My bad.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: April 16, 2018, 11:27:17 PM »
I know y’all are Lindemanning me because my taste is objectively superior, but I like to think I’m more James Jones that way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 17, 2018, 12:25:09 AM »
Lol I haven't ever checked the OP since this thread was created. My bad.

I tend to update it from time to time if I super bored.
I know no one ever checks it, but now you know, just incase you're ever looking for a something like that. It might be in the OP.

I just checked, and I updated it last month, partially to update all the One Shots w/ working links.