Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169940 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1600 on: February 10, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »
I got 2 bits of news regarding Sony, Marvel and Spider-man

1 is the deal between Sony and Marvel.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/
apparently Marvel got Spider-man for No Money Down. Sony does not profit on MCU appearances and Marvel doesn't profit directly from Sony Spider-man movies. Marvel will instead get paid on Milestones reached at the Box-office for the Sony SM movies, 100% merchandising (still) and whatever bump SM brings to MCU properties he appears in.
Sony relies on the MCU goodwill and Feige steering the ship to bring them profits to begin with.
So both sides win.
The downside to this is that Feige is supposedly only involved in Spidey solo movies and has no involvement (at this time) with any spin-offs..... problem is that Sony is supposedly still moving forward with Sinister Six, possibly a Venom movie and a Female led Spidey-verse movie....
Sinister Six has been delayed and no set date has been announced an the later 2 I don't think have had a date set ever, so take that threat of spin-off garbage lightly.

the other is Marvel/Sony's plans for the next movie:
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-new-movie-high-school-marvel-1201430231/
Sony is going younger with its next Spider-Man.

Now that Andrew Garfield is hanging up the red and blue spandex, Sony Pictures is getting ready to put out a casting call to find its next web slinger. The plan is for the character to go back to high school in the next films, Variety has learned from sources with knowledge of the studio’s plans.

A number of actors already have been mentioned as being considered for the role, including “The Maze Runner” and “Teen Wolf’s” Dylan O’Brien and the “Percy Jackson” franchise’s Logan Lerman. Lerman most recently co-starred in Sony’s “Fury.”

Actors have yet to be approached, and sources say Sony is looking to hire a new director to replace “The Amazing Spider-Man” films’ Marc Webb before tapping a new Spidey. The studio also needs to figure out whether it wants to go with another Peter Parker or introduce another character that suits up as Spider-Man, including Miles Morales, whose father is African American and mother is Puerto Rican.

Sony has put the character, played by Tobey Maguire and Garfield, in Midtown High School before, but the plan is to spend more time in the setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom. Midtown is a major setting in the comicbooks, and Peter Parker also returns to the school to become a science teacher in storylines.

Sony needs to move fast, since Marvel wants to introduce the new actor playing Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” in theaters in 2016, before launching his own solo franchise at Sony in 2017.

So a Black Spider-man isn't out of the question... Troy and Abed could meet again. Assuming he isn't too old to play a HS student... and also assuming they are actually going with HS instead of College.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 10, 2015, 10:55:35 PM »
I am not going to watch another Spider-Man Origin movie again.  I think I've been pretty clear on that in this forum.  I skipped the first Amazing Spider-man in theaters for that reason and totally skipped the second move on that one.

As for a Black Spider-man.  First you came for Fury and I complained a little.  Than you came for Jonny Storm, even though his sister is still white, and I bitched.  Now your coming for Spider-Man and its not after Peter Parker dies...

And my wife just tells me the new Ghostbusters is a remake with an all Female Cast.  WTF.  Seriously are they just trying to mess with me now...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:02:54 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 11, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »
I reckon it would be an interesting twist to use the Miguel O'Hara Spider-man.  That would add some interesting potential stories.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 11, 2015, 06:53:13 AM »
I saw someone throw Freddie Highmore's name in the hat. I could see him playing Peter Parker. And I'd prefer Marvel and Somy skip high school and start the new Spider-Man's story in his 20s.

I wouldn't mind the Spider-Man spin-offs, but I'd want Marvel involved.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »
Wait so does this mean Spider-Man will be in Civil War?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: February 11, 2015, 02:24:20 PM »
That is very likely, assuming they cast the role in the next 6-8 months.

They can always insert him during post production reshoots.
and we "know" that Marvel had 2 scripts for Civil War. One w/ Spidey and one w/o Spidey.
I'm just hoping that the importance of BP in all this isn't lessened by the addition of Spidey as well.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 11, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »
That is very likely, assuming they cast the role in the next 6-8 months.

They can always insert him during post production reshoots.
and we "know" that Marvel had 2 scripts for Civil War. One w/ Spidey and one w/o Spidey.
I'm just hoping that the importance of BP in all this isn't lessened by the addition of Spidey as well.

I don't think it will. Instead I think Marvel will push Spidey and Panther as being the in universe successors too Steve and Tony. Respectively. With a much younger Captain Marvel rounding out the new big three.

My guess for Peter he became spiderman sometime after Age of Ultron. I heard someone throw the idea of showing a younger Pete watching TV with his aunt and Uncle when Tony Stark does the I am Iron Man scene.

My guess is Marvel goes the ultimate/Spectuacler Spidey route where prior to the film peter had been spiderman for about a year.

Also while the one shots are defuxnt I could see marvel brining them back to establish peter.

As for sinister six and Venom I don't mind them if Marvel finds a way to consoilt on them in a big way. Getting two more MCU films added to the line up would be cool by me.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 12, 2015, 01:14:27 AM »
Toy Time!!!

Ultron Prime

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:47 AM »
So does that mean this Ultron has the Matrix of Leadership?  Man I can't wait for the Ultron vs Optimus fight.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 12, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
Optimus would whoop his ass, transform and ride out playing "Stan Bush!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 13, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
[Agents of SHIELD] Mid Season Premiere synopsis

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24095/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_epidemic
fter discovering an alien city with ties to his resurrection, Coulson and his team destroyed it before the forces of Hydra could claim its secrets, eliminating the villainous Whitehall (Reed Diamond) in the process. But new threats to the world have arisen, including Skye's father, Cal (Kyle McLachlan), who now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall; a disturbing alliance between former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Ward (Brett Dalton) and Agent 33; the enigmatic Raina (Ruth Negga), who struggles with her transformation into something inhuman by the alien Obelisk and seeks vengeance; and Skye (Chloe Bennet), who developed mysterious new powers from the Obelisk but whose lack of experience with her new abilities may threaten the safety of those she loves.

Meanwhile, Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki) and Mack (Henry Simmons) begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions for Coulson and his team, who are unaware that there's another mysterious force moving against them. And as Hunter (Nick Blood) is forced to make the biggest choice of his life, Coulson will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.

In the midseason premiere, "Epidemic," Coulson's team must deal with the consequences of their war with Hydra as shocking revelations threaten to tear them apart, and Hydra makes a dangerous move that may involve a traitor in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s midst.

Sounds they are addressing lots of stuff in the upcoming episode. I hope they keep the pace of the 1st half of the season, and the quality as well.  3 weeks till return.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 15, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
Mockingbird was also made a main cast member, which is cool as she's been one of the shows highlights.

The current inhuman comic had been doing alot of world building and with only a tear if material its enough for the inhumans to work.without Attlain and the royal family.

I'm actually ready for shield to come back after the break.

With 11 episodes left we should be looking at eight main plot stories and the final three tying into Age of Ultron.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 17, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
Possible new AoU Trailer to air with return of AoS on March 3rd.
http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers

and Ruffalo alludes to what could be the next Hulk Movie
http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=2015
In Age Of Ultron, what can you say about The Hulk? We’ve seen the Hulkbuster concept art, so is it safe to assume that Banner can no longer control him?

Hulk is the kind of wild card. He’s the loose cannon of the group. He’s more like an atom bomb. You could guess where he’s going to go but he could go either way. I think that there is, obviously, the day when everyone expects it to go wrong and that day comes. And they’re ready. And Bruce designed the contingency plan. As much as you feel Bruce has some mastery over it – certainly, with ‘I’m always angry’ and he can turn into it at will – I still feel that there’s some part of him that doesn’t completely trust it and doesn’t completely trust himself.

There’s a battle going on between these two opposing egos that live inside him. He’s definitely worried that the day is going to come when the Hulk gets the best of him, and maybe won’t release him, maybe won’t give him back. The Hulk knows this too. There’s a moment in here where he, begrudgingly, decides to go back to Banner. Who knows where these things will go, but as Bruce is able to impress his will on the Hulk, going into The Hulk and being inside the Hulk when he’s raging, The Hulk’s will is also growing and able to impress upon Bruce. That makes for some wild things. We’re laying the groundwork for that here. It’ll be interesting to see if that ends up being what would be the next Hulk movie.

Indestructible Hulk in Phase 4?

and more toys!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 18, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
I be more excited about a new AoU trailer if they all didn't seem like remixes of the first.  What is the armor on the far left?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 18, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »
Ultron Mark 1?

don't take my word on that though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 20, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »
AoS Crossover on Daredevil already!?
#itsallconnected
https://twitter.com/Daredevil
Be careful of the Murdock boys. They got the devil in them. #Daredevil

HYPE increasing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 21, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »
Word on the street is that Spider-man is a N........!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludM8L2sIRg#t=44m33s

hint: Troy & Abed in the morning!!! returning to a screen near you!?

summary: Spider-man in the MCU may not be Peter, or even white.

If you remember the leaked Sony emails from a while back, The Russo's were lobbying to produce/direct the next Spider-man movie. The Russos use to work on Community. Abed was in Captain America: TWS, and Childish Gambino Troy did the voice for Miles Morales, and has been lobbying to play Miles Morales in the next movie should it happen.

I can only imagine the internet backlash that happens though should Spider-man be not only NOT Peter Parker, but also a black actor. But honestly, I'm excited either way.

edit: and just to counter this "rumor", the Marvel PR did specifically state it would be Peter Parker, but that doesn't mean plans didn't change.... either way, it's nothing more than hearsay at this point. grain of salt and all that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:12:22 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 21, 2015, 01:20:33 AM »
Since I'm not from a Marvel comic background I don't really care who plays a character as long as they are a quality actor and it makes sense for the part. Black Panther cannot be white because it makes no sense for the background of the character.

Since this is a different Spidey from either of the two previous film series I wouldn't not be too worried about their skin. Though I am all for seeing diversity in types of actors.

How about a Latina actress? My wife gets some eye candy with Thor and Captain (and Arrow on TV). Time for me to have some!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 21, 2015, 04:28:40 AM »
Potential Age of Ultron scene spoiler (*scene from comics)

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/2wllse/avengers_age_of_ultron_scene_spoilers/

I saw the comic scene before I knew I was being potentially spoiled... But it sounds like a bad ass scene. So read at your own risk.

Here is the comic scene, for the curious.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7427/16409618728_258a4dfac1_o.jpg
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:31:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 22, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
The way people **** on Sony its funny that the biggest ideas for MCU spiderman is terrible **** like Gwen dying in the battle for new York or cap dying in spring Pete to become a hero.  (That it quite literally miles origin story).

MCU spiderman will most likely be Pete which is how it should be.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12:40 AM »
Marvel has tried Spider-Man as not Peter Parker many times and I have yet to think of one that was truly successful.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 22, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/2wllse/avengers_age_of_ultron_scene_spoilers/

I saw the comic scene before I knew I was being potentially spoiled... But it sounds like a bad ass scene. So read at your own risk.

Reddit poster deleted his post, but based on the comic scene, what you're telling me is that Tony Stark finds a way to turn into a Hulk?!?!  Can you elaborate on the scene in question?  I'm not a comic book enthusiast, so this seems like a crazy twist.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1622 on: February 22, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
I think they should kill Peter Parker before introducing Miles.  It's only right to end his story before springing off a new one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 22, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »

Reddit poster deleted his post, but based on the comic scene, what you're telling me is that Tony Stark finds a way to turn into a Hulk?!?!  Can you elaborate on the scene in question?  I'm not a comic book enthusiast, so this seems like a crazy twist.

I never read the comic itself, and after seeing the panel, I wasn't sure what was even being spoiled, but after putting the comic panel into context using the description what supposedly happens is
*SUPPOSED FULL SCENE SPOILER SUMMARY*
The Avengers keep trying and failing to get HULK close to ULTRON. Tony Stark has already received a major beatdown from Ultron early on in the movie, so they devise a plan for Banner to hop into the Ironman armor. Ulton doesn't suspect this, and proceeds to ask Tony if he didn't get enough the first time around as he moves in closer to dish out another beat down.  As soon as Ultron gets close enough, Banner HULKS out of the armor and attempts to Hulk Smash Ultron.

It sounds like an awesome scene. wish I didn't read about it. hopefully you decide against it yourself.
less than 3 months left till it's in theaters. I suggest a blackout of all AoU related info for those that don't want to be spoiled any further.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 22, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
Thanks for taking the hit for us, BnM. I may have to pull out of this thread entirely.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast