Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170215 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1576 on: February 04, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »

I wasn't sure what to think about this one, but the trailer is solid. Looks dark, violent, and visually interesting.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1577 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
Looks fantastic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 05, 2015, 11:54:20 PM »
Daredevil to be TV-MA

and our first look as Kristen Ritter as Aka Jessica Jones

http://newzcard.com/event/IVkIR/ny-celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-february-05-2015-2015-02-05

JJ should be airing on Netflix before this year is over.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1579 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »
It's weird that the more I hear (or BnM posts) about DD, the more I wanna watch it.  Whereas, BvS had the opposite effect for so long.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 06, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
[Daredevil]
Here are extended descriptions if scenes not fully shown in the teaser.
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/04/daredevil-footage-descriptions-from-scenes-not-shown-in-the-trai/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:24 PM »
Marvel Updates:

James Gunn talks GotG2
http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-galaxy-2-story-marvel-thought-james-gunns-idea-sequel-risky/
It’s not really based on anything. The story for Guardians 2 is an original story that I came up with that I started working on actually while I was shooting Guardians 1, and it’ll answer some of the questions that were put forth in the first movie about Peter Quill’s father and who he is and what’s going on with that. We’ll get to know some of the characters a little bit more and then we’re going to meet a couple of new characters who will be very important to Guardians movies and probably important to the Marvel Universe as a whole.

It’s different than what’s in the comic books. Peter Quill’s father is somebody different in the comics. So then when the movie came out, we got green-lit on the sequel right away. I went in and I sat down with those guys and I’m like, ‘Okay, here’s what I think the sequel should be.’ And they were like, ‘Oh, whoa. That’s risky, but okay.’ Now I’m going to turn over the story in a few short weeks and we’ll find out how well it works.

Kenneth Branagh willing to work with Marvel again (Thor: Ragnarok!?)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-kenneth-branagh-says-cinderella-770122
Following this dalliance with Disney’s fairy-tale side, would you be keen to venture back to its Marvel stable?

I’m pleased to say that I continue to have good relationships with all my Marvel family. It’s a people game the movie game, and although these films are big articulated lorries, they still have to be driven by real people. I fondly remember good times working on Thor. So you always look to repeat that kind of thing, and if it happened again, I’d be delighted.

and Star Lord returns to Earth to pay up for lost Super Bowl bet to Captain America

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 10, 2015, 12:17:43 AM »
So spidey is finally in. I'm on the phone so I'm not bothering with a link. I'm sure BnM will have it sorted before long though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:37:29 AM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 10, 2015, 12:50:42 AM »
Spider-Man is Now Part of Marvel's Cinematic Universe

I just want to say I beat BlackNMild to a major Marvel story once. Crossing that off my bucket list.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:35 AM »
Just in tome for Civil War! Looks like this will be a great point for him to enter the picture.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 10, 2015, 02:18:39 AM »
BnM probably got the news first but the awesomeness caused him to drop into a coma.

I wonder who the new spidey will be.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:20 AM »
I think the reason BnM didn't post it was he immediately began his plan to ensure he was the one who would be Spider-Man.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 10, 2015, 02:59:30 AM »
Wow. Huge News. Yet I'm not surprised all the "rumors" came true.

And dates got reshuffled.... Guess that means Inhumans are now the Ant-man of Phase 3.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: May 1, 2015
Ant-Man: July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War: May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange: November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: July 28th, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok: November 3rd, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4, 2018
Black Panther: July 6th, 2018
Captain Marvel: November 2nd, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3, 2019
Inhumans: July 12, 2019

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:13 AM »
It's unlikely, but i'd really like an original IP to drop into the MCU.

Metroid please. Samus can be the space-faring Iron Man!

It also means that there's going to be some serious table shuffling going on at Agents of Shield around this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 10, 2015, 03:17:47 AM »
It also means that there's going to be some serious table shuffling going on at Agents of Shield around this.

That's all some season 3 ****.

edit: Let me just say that all this reshuffling is also EXCELLENT news for Black Panther. It just moved from a holiday movie, where it might get kinda overlooked, to a Summer Blockbuster movie where it will have maximum exposure.

Thor 3 on the other hand should have enough going for it that another Nov. slot won't deter many from seeing it opening week/end/month.

edit 2: J.K. Simmons recently just hinted that he may return as J. Johah Jameson. I'm guessing he was privy to what was going on, and maybe Marvel already has a new Spidery in mind. Maybe Spidey cameo's in Civil War.... Agents of SHIELD and The Defenders. That would be HUGE for all 3 markets (movies, TV and Netflix).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:28:59 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:38 AM »
Spider-Man is Now Part of Marvel's Cinematic Universe

I just want to say I beat BlackNMild to a major Marvel story once. Crossing that off my bucket list.
BnM probably got the news first but the awesomeness caused him to drop into a coma.

I wonder who the new spidey will be.
I think the reason BnM didn't post it was he immediately began his plan to ensure he was the one who would be Spider-Man.

I'm glad that everyone is more excited that they beat me to posting this than what they were actually posting about. ::tear::

There was also a recent rumor that Amy Pascal had stepped down from her exec position in relation to the Spider-man deal between Marvel/Sony. So reading that this happened makes sense, and explains why I was not surprised.

Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios are joining forces on the next iteration of Spider-Man. Kevin Feige, who has steered a ton of hit franchise launches for Marvel, boards the project as producer. He will produce the next films with Amy Pascal, who just left the executive suites at Sony for a big production deal.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, and then Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017. There had been rumors that Sony might sell the webslinger back to Marvel and Disney but that’s not what is happening. Instead, Sony keeps its top franchise but this opens the door to Marvel Comics’ biggest superhero being able to cross pollinate in the Marvel universe. That has been a key benefit in launching Marvel hits from Iron Man to The Avengers. There had been talk that Spidey would surface in an installment of Captain America. Now, that can happen.

Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, who produced the most recent Amazing Spider-Man films, will be exec producers.

So while Marvel is making the Movie, Sony get to feel apart of it all with "final creative control" and profit sharing. They get to do what they do best and market market market, and Avi Arad gets appeased with a sidelined seat of "exec producer" credit.

Everyone gets what they want, everyone is happy.
It's a tangled web, but at least it's getting weaved.

edit: and for those that worry over "final creative control", I'm sure that amounts to how many Sony products gets sprinkled through out the movie. Sony won't dare to make any changes that jeopardize the actual movie and connection with the rest of the MCU.

now I want to know if Drew Goddard is writing and/or directing this. and if the Russo's will have any involvement. and who everyone thinks would make a great new Spider-man!?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:52:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 10, 2015, 06:08:24 AM »
Hey, man, posting breaking Marvel news before you is like dunking on Lebron James in one-on-one. Sure, you probably lose the game, but who wouldn't take that moment of glory?

In any case, what else is there to say? I've posted my thoughts on this when the Sony leak happened, and I've registered my general disappointment with The Amazing Spider-Man movies (first was decent, second was pretty bad). I'm glad Sony and Marvel worked out a deal especially one in which Marvel generally calls all the shots and Sony still manages to reap the benefits. It's win-win even if Sony needed this more than Marvel. The former had no idea what it was doing with Spider-Man while everything the latter touched turned to gold. If this deal is anything close to the rumored one a couple months ago, Sony gets heavily penalized if this new Spider-Man reboot misses the release date so as far as "final creative control" I doubt Sony steps on Marvel's toes here. Jumping off what you said, I imagine most meetings will be like this:

Kevin Feige: So here's the Spider-Man suit we're using. Okay?
Some Asshole at Sony: Well... Uh...
Kevin Feige: I said, "Okay?"
Some Asshole at Sony: Yeah, yeah, sure whatever. Can there at least be a Playstation 4 next to his TV when he wears it the first time?
Kevin Feige: Ugh, fine. You picking up the tab?
Some Asshole at Sony: Bu-
Kevin Feige: Great, bye. We'll talk again when we have the first cut.

As for who would make a great Spider-Man, I'm not sure. I don't know many young actors. I think he should be in his early 20s if he's going to be playing Spider-Man for the next decade or what have you. A Facebook friend suggested Miles Morales, but I think Sony and Marvel should stick to Peter Parker. That would be like DC using Dick Grayson as Batman. Yeah, it happened, but everyone thinks of Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 10, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
I would have said Miles Teller, but as he's in Fantastic Four that won't happen.

Brandon T Jackson, because why not?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 10, 2015, 08:27:30 AM »
Obviously not the case but, wouldn't it be awesome if those reshoots for Avengers were to put spidey in?

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 10, 2015, 08:38:23 AM »
I KNEW IT!  There is no way you can do Civil War justice without Spider-Man ( I also called it long ago in this very thread so good)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 10, 2015, 09:30:10 AM »
You know in actuality I would like whoever does get to play Spiderman they don't them them deliver there own lines but instead gets one of the Spiderman Voice Actors from the Cartoon do it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
Toby returns? Possible Civil War Spoilers(from the comic) The Spider-man in the comic was an older late 20's early 30's Peter Parker so I could see them going back to Toby as to have some automatic gravitas to the part and not have to waste time with his back ground. Plus we could get J.K Simmons back to play JJ

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »
They're going to cast young to Juxtapoz Tony and Steve with the younger Pete and Tachalla.

They're going to go the route where Pete got his Powers after Avengers assemble and somewhere in the middle of phase II.  They'll probably even skip the mask reveal but still use peter as the dude who represents the guys in masks.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:10 PM »
I've been watching Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and the Spider-man in that is young as well even though in the timeline proper when that takes place he should be pretty old in general.  They tend to like Spider-man young.

I'm curious if moving Inhuman's so late is going to make them a shadow element throughout the movies and explored more in AoS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1599 on: February 10, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »
Spiderman is the perfect tween to teenage demographic hero.  He needs to be jokey and fun.  We you see Spiderman on screen you should always feel a rush of joy and excitement.