Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169964 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1450 on: December 10, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
I'll have to look again, I didn't see her other than her eyes.

Maybe I need to get the HD version for a clearer view.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 10, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »
So Skye is Daisy Johnson the daughter of Calvin Zabo also known as mister hyde.

Also trip is so dead.

Tripp WTF NOOOOO!!!!
he ain't dead though. He was supposedly seen on the set of AoU.... so let's pretend he got a power. seeing what we saw, who could that be?

Granted, I don't have extensive Marvel knowledge, but what I noticed from the chain of events:
  • Tripp sees Skye & Raina turn to stone.
  • He kicks the diviner into the wall, it shattering into pieces.
  • After he screams and falls to the ground, he notices he was hit with pieces of shrapnel from the Diviner, and turns to stone himself.

I'll be a bit surprised if they bring him back in any fashion.  It seemed more like he screwed himself when trying to shatter the diviner.

That said, I enjoyed his character quite a bit.  I figured it was too obvious for Mack to be offed, so when Tripp slipped into that chamber, I blurted out "Oh ****, Tripp is dead" to my wife, just expected the gas to kill him, not shrapnel.

Additionally, I've come to love Skye's father as a character.  His glee when he believe's he's about to murder Whitehall and saying "Best day ever" had me rolling laughing.

This show has easily become one of my favorite parts of the Marvel universe, moreso than some of the movies.  I thought it was a fun time-waster show for the first half of last season, but they've been really turned it into a show I look forward to each week.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 10, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
Tripp is dead... that wasn't him on the set of AoU. :(  I liked his character too.

and yes, he fucked himself by shattering the terrigen crystals, where he could have just been temporarily altered by the terrigen mist instead.

and AoS S2 (so far) is easily better than Thor 2, Hulk, IM2 and a few other movies in the MCU so far.
A very worthy addition to the family and now also an event starter.
It's gonna be a long wait for the 2nd half of the season, so hopefully Agent Carter is every bit as good and entertaining while filling the gap.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 10, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
Do you think they are going to time jump between the first and second half?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 10, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »
Another great episode.  To be honest though I had never heard of Quake/Daisy so the reveal fell a little flat on me.  I was hoping (although not expecting) her real name to be Carol.  Alas it was not to be.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: December 10, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »
I'm glad she wasn't, Carol is related to the Kree but her origin is much different than Skye/Dasiy/Quake's.

Trip sort of killed himself, because for whatever reason the mists don't effect humans, the crystals/diviner does. The next half of the season should prove really exciting with most of the focus on Inhumans and ending on a bang with Age of Ultron.

So in today's issue of the event Axis, Scarlet Witch casts a spell that seperates her and quicksilver from Magnetos blood line.

http://www.newsarama.com/22948-did-marvel-comics-just-solve-the-mcu-s-scarlet-witch-quicksilver-father-problem-spoilers.html

Huge Retcon and they could be now be put into the inhuman characters. My guess is that in the films they're Inhumans, but whatever Loki's staff did to them forced terrgensis.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1456 on: December 10, 2014, 07:14:58 PM »
This is stupid. 

You know I personally, don't like how everyone has to be related to each other by blood or friendship or some long deep secret in the X-men universe. 

However, changing the relationship of characters in the comic books to line up with the movie universe you are creating, just because you don't like FOX and want to ruin them is annoying...and extreme.  Basically, you took a part of Magneto that made him interesting and parts of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (especially Quicksilver) that makes them interesting and destroyed it.  Taking it away from the comic fans that love these characters.

This move would have been better done a larger more massive overhaul eliminating Mutants all together.  Instead this just seems cheap.  Personally, I would have loved a story where Scarlet Witch eliminates mutants, but that only allows the Inhumans to come into power/existence faster.  Kinda of like a story which tries to stop the evil and madness from ever happening only to find out it is destined to happen one way or another...you can't stop, only change its name.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »
I think the beef w/ Fox is only half the issue. MCU is BIG money for Marvel. much more money than comics ever has been, so it makes sense to want to get the comics in-line with the MCU so that those people that migrate to the comics from the movies will be slightly familiar with whats going on.

Hell, Marvel killed their best cartoon to "better" line up with the MCU. I'm not sure how that turned out, but I think it's still on the air. So I don't think retconning SW&QS is entirely to spite Fox. only partially.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1458 on: December 10, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
Do you think they are going to time jump between the first and second half?

Will Age of Ultron air before the second half of season 2?  Or will it be in the middle?  I think if Age of Ultron is before SHIELD we will definitely get a time jump...and deal with the aftermath.  Personally, this is what I hope happens, because It would be better to come back and deal with the events of Age of Ultron without having a lame tie-in episode that feels too small scale to tie-in to the movie. 

However, no matter I am expecting the next Marvel movie to have a huge game changing effect on SHIELD...this TV series needs to be constantly changing itself with the movies...or at least the huge event movies.  I can't wait to see what happens with SHIELD once Civil War breaks out.  That should be an entire season of stories in and of itself.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 10, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »
According to IGN (well according to someone IGN is quoting), the SONY/Marvel/Spider-Man deal might still be on the table, at least SONY Japan thinks it is. Too lazy to link.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 11, 2014, 12:01:49 AM »
This is stupid. 

You know I personally, don't like how everyone has to be related to each other by blood or friendship or some long deep secret in the X-men universe. 

However, changing the relationship of characters in the comic books to line up with the movie universe you are creating, just because you don't like FOX and want to ruin them is annoying...and extreme.  Basically, you took a part of Magneto that made him interesting and parts of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (especially Quicksilver) that makes them interesting and destroyed it.  Taking it away from the comic fans that love these characters.

This move would have been better done a larger more massive overhaul eliminating Mutants all together.  Instead this just seems cheap.  Personally, I would have loved a story where Scarlet Witch eliminates mutants, but that only allows the Inhumans to come into power/existence faster.  Kinda of like a story which tries to stop the evil and madness from ever happening only to find out it is destined to happen one way or another...you can't stop, only change its name.

Marvel is all about the synergy.

inverted Doom just brought back Stature to star in the ant-man book with her dad, sinc Cassie is going to be in the ant-man movie.

They literally made a new charcter named Nick Fury jr the son of the OG fury as a convoluted way t get black fury into the 616.

Better Quality picture of Raina

I'm really hoping we see deathlok come back this season, but it seems more unlikely by the day.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 11, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »

Will Age of Ultron air before the second half of season 2?  Or will it be in the middle?  I think if Age of Ultron is before SHIELD we will definitely get a time jump...and deal with the aftermath.

There will be 2-3 episodes of AoS after AoU opening weekend in May. It will be a tie in episode, and going by how differently this season is being handles compared to last, I'm sure it will be as noteworthy as the TWS one, but better.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 11, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »

edit:
And Blair Underwood is coming to Agents of SHIELD in the 2nd half
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57695
as Melinda May's ex-husband. Dr. Andrew Garner
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:36:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 11, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
They should have just gone with "Maybe its Aliens"
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1464 on: December 11, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »
Ugh. Black Fury in the 616? I guess they make the books more approachable?  I just doubt you're gonna convert average moviegoers to comic book faithful.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 11, 2014, 10:51:34 PM »
The comicbook faithful will stay that way, but comics are very niche, and the only way to keep it thriving is to lure in the moviegoers to maybe be casual comicbookers too.

"Like what you saw on screen, check out these books for more stories from your favorite heroes!!!"

It makes sense to unify it all into something that everyone can jump into and be familiar with regardless of the media that initially hooked their interest or the form of media they choose to follow up on next.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 12, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »
Official Synopsis for the 1st 2 episodes (2hour premiere) of Agent Carter are online
http://marvel.com/news/tv/23802/marvels_agent_carter_debriefs_her_first_2_missions

"Now is Not the End" was written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and directed by Louis D'Esposito.

Peggy is contacted by old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger") when he is framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons and can trust no one else. To help Peggy clear Stark's name, he insists his butler, Edwin Jarvis, be at her beck and call--whether she likes it or not. But the risk is great: If caught, Agent Carter could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison...or worse.

"Bridge and Tunnel" was written by Eric Pearson and directed by Joseph Russo.

Howard Stark's deadliest weapon has fallen into enemy hands, and only Agent Carter can recover it. But can she do so before her undercover mission is discovered by SSR Chief Dooley and Agent Thompson?

Anthony Russo is doing Ep 3 and supposedly Joe Johnson (Cap 1, Rocketeer) was lined up for ep 4.
That means the first 4 episodes could be handled by MCU movie makers. I wonder who is lined up for the final 4 episodes!?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
You know the problem with being a casual comic book reader is well how hard it is to get comic books to be a casual comic book reader.  Most of the time I've found that I'm better off reading Wiki entries.

The last time I tried the digital route I found the readers to be terrible.  This from the guy who read Manga on a PDA in College.  Which had a good reader for it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 12, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Marvel released an article on What is an Inhuman today
http://marvel.com/cards/11/whats_an_inhuman

edit: and the first clip from Agent Carter S1E1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5Kt_c1-7U&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:29:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: December 13, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
So he's literally going to be the magical negro.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 15, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »
So let say its announced Marvel gets spider-man back next month, what route do you think they should go with the character. A movie fasted tracked by Marvel/Sony using the sinister six date, or maybe an ongoing TV series based on him. While spider-man might be harder to pull off, the flash has showed you can do a good superhero show on a budget.

I know Drew Goddard has to feel bad, dude left daredevil to work on a movie that probably won't happen. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:38 PM »
I know Drew Goddard has to feel bad, dude left daredevil (his passion project) to work on a movie that probably won't happen. 

FTFY

But Marvel probably already has a script in hand, or in the works.

I had a previous thought about it where Marvel could actually make fun of all the previous movies and jab at a comic storyline at the same time, by introducing himself and claiming that all the previous Spider-man movies were done by some movie studio because he stupidly sold his rights for rent and tuition money about 15 years ago, then go through a brief recap of how things have really gone down before he decided to lay low for a while (cue scenes of Doc Ock, Goblin, Shocker, Lizard, Rhino and a few other randoms). Then just as that ends, he says, They call me Spider-man, and those movies, I went by the name Peter Parker, but I chose that to protect my real identity. My real name is Miles Morales. as he takes off the mask and we see Donald Glover under the mask.
[this is all pre-credits, so it's very brief]

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1473 on: December 15, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
If Marvel was to get Spiderman and must share Spiderman there is really only one thing to do.  Separate the two Spidermen.

I would include Spiderman in Captain America 3, and treat Spiderman like Hawkeye and Black Widow for awhile.  Let him have appearances in other movies and even TV shows.  Incorporate him into the universe but don't stress making a movie about him...and use a different actor to be Spiderman. 

Next, I would just help Sony get a good Spiderman franchise going.  Andrew Garfield isn't a horrible Spiderman.  He can work fine.  But they have to get the tone right.  Let Marvel help make the tone of the movies, and I even like the idea of a Sinister Six movie being developed.  Spiderman MUST be in the movie, but focus the movie more on the relationships of the villains, coming together and learning to work together.  Then have it filmed at the same time as the next Spiderman movie and once the relationships are formed let it be an a Spiderman movie that tells their downfall. 

At any rate, Marvel doesn't NEED Spiderman, so let Spiderman be a character in the background.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 16, 2014, 12:26:47 AM »
Well, I don't know if you've been keeping up with the links (check the other thread - or a link will be edited in here) but Marvel doesn't NOT want to keep Garfield as Spider-man. And it's nothing against AG I'm sure, just that with him comes the baggage of the ASM series, and no one wants that to be cannon in the MCU.

and to put a little spin on the leaks from an MCU fan perspective, Marvel has sent the Russo's over to Sony to negotiate to write and direct a new Spider-man trilogy for Sony. I suspect they did this to make sure that everything stays on the up and up with what Marvel wants it to be, as they will (not so) secretly answer directly to Feige, and make sure all details line up with the ultimate vision.
I actually think that the original leak said the Russo's wanted to Produce the pic, but even if that's the case, that means they are calling the shots, so maybe they can get Joss Whedon to come in and Direct the 1st movie or 3, and just make it everything but an inhouse Marvel Studios movie.

Marvel also wants Avi Arad, former Marvel CEO who *allegedly* concocted the idea for the MCU, but left before it got off the ground to go work for Sony on Spider-man movies, to get the boot and have absolutely nothing to do with a Marvel Co-Production. They absolutely refuse to work with him after their on-going drama over MCU credits and other such Marvel dealings.

The problem with the previous deal was that Sony being Sony (w/ Avi Arad behind them) thought they were sitting in a position of power at the negotiating table, but like you said Spak, Marvel DOES NOT NEED Spider-man, and would basically be doing them both a favor by taking over the creative and production on the brand and let Sony continue to handle promotion and distribution.
Of course this means that not only has Disney/Marvel wrestled away tv animation rights and merchandise (in trade for giving up movie profits), but have also snuck back in to majority movie profits (now with co-financing responsibility). BUt on the plus side, Sony already wasn't making much if any money on the property, so a guaranteed some for little effort or risk, is alot better than all the risk for almost nothing. (remember that domestic take on Spider-man movies have been in decline since SM3, and even with making ~$700M B.O. on ASM2, Sony practically broke even after all was said and done.)

So assuming these conveniently timed "rumors" of Fiege going to the Sony Spider Summit to join discussions of the future of the Spidey franchise at Sony are true. I hope Sony comes to their senses and just lets it happen.

Their alternative plans of Ryan Gosling being Spiderman, or just carrying on with their S6/ASM3/Female led movie leading up to a Spideyvengers team-up movie need to die. Come back into the fold. Allow Spidey to come home and play with his friends.