Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170237 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1350 on: October 28, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »
moved GotG 2 to May 2017

Boo.

What's with all this 2016/2017/2018 jazz?  Gimme more for 2015.  You're freakin' Disney.  You tellin' me you can't handle a new Marvel movie every month? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 28, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »
Just saw this and LOL'd

HYPE levels for MCU have just Destroyed the Competition.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:14:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:33 PM »
The civil War changes are pretty smart and tie in organiclly into where everything has been leading up too since Iron Man 1.

Like I said before the twins, Skye,  rania, and sjyes dad are all inhumans.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 28, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »
that must mean they plan on running AoS for at least 5 seasons for that ULTIMATE TIE-IN.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 28, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
What are they saving for AoS?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 28, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
What are they saving for AoS?

Not really understanding the question, but  it seems like Skye and maybe her father aand Raina are Inhumans, so that may be the big thing AoS is leading up to.

I have one question. During the presentation, they said that Cap 3: Civil War "is the start of Phase 3".... Where does that leave Ant-man?
The movie releases 2 months after Avengers 2 (the end of Phase 2)... but does the movie maybe take place during or before the events in Age of Ultron? How can it not be considered part of Phase 3?

This is Marvel's Phase 3 line-up slide (ignore Serpent Society, they were trolling the audience)

Notice that there is no mention of Ant-man on there.... it's very odd.

Is Ant-Man AoU's extended post credit scene and One-Shot?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:29:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 28, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
Maybe that's the big announcement during AOS
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 28, 2014, 07:49:50 PM »
@BnM

Ant-man is after Age of Ultron. Watch the audio trailer again, the line about Scott not being a superhero is an obvious jab at the Avengers.

Ant-Man - Comic-Con San Diego 2014 - Story Board …: http://youtu.be/eQz-d2kQiFU

My guess is Ant-man and to a lesser extent daredevil are in the post Age of Ultron world.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 29, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
yes, but the question is Why isn't Ant-man considered part of... the start of Phase 3?
It's not a phase 2 movie as it comes after AoU, and it's not a Phase 3 movie as it's not listed on the Phase 3 slide.... so what is it? Phase 2.5? The Phase 2 post credits "scene" or One-Shot?

p.s. Ant-man and Daredevil (plus the rest of the defenders) all happen after AoU, but that wasn't where the confusion lies. What phase is Ant-man in? If it comes after Phase 2, but isn't listed as part of Phase 3, then where does it go?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1359 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:38 AM »
Maybe the movie was supposed to be in Phase 2.  Maybe it will take place pre-Age of Ultron universe so they are not listing it.  Or maybe Ant Man is still in strange development problems? 

It would be kinda fun to see Ant Man in Age of Ultron, even though he hasn't had his debut yet.  Then after the movie goers see how badass he is, his movie lands in theaters explaining who he is. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 29, 2014, 01:30:20 AM »
Well, if it is in development hell (it's currently shooting on schedule in Atlanta last I heard.) Marvel did abandon it's July date in 2016, but it did add a date in Nov 2017 for Black Panther....

so they could always release it right after Cap 3 if need be...
But seriously, I wonder if Marvel is letting that July 2016 date go.

and from the conference:

(edit: the leaked scene this is from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Dcj09MIuY)

and another scene: LOL at the look on Thor's face.

HQ version of Extended AoU trailer (above gif is from this opening scene)
https://www.tumblr.com/video/esailower/101224692416/700/

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:10:38 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 29, 2014, 01:55:56 AM »
new infographic added to OP

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 29, 2014, 09:46:46 AM »
So Phase 2 will be the only Phase to not end with an Avengers movie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 29, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
yep. according to sources, Ant-Man is the official closeout of Phase 2.

edit: and here is the reveal and teaser portion of the Marvel event yesterday
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:55:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 29, 2014, 12:24:57 PM »
Captain America: Serpent Society could have been a really excellent G.I. Joe crossover (not with the current movie adaptations). COBRA-LALALALALALALA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: October 29, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
Isn't the current season of agents of sgiled pretty much GI Joe.

Also Ant-man to close out Phase II makes a lot of sense. I bet the rewrites are to make it address the ending to AOU much more.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 29, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
Could be the reason Pym cones out of retirement.
Tony resurrected his project that he thought he buried for good. Brings in a younger man to carry on the mantle of Ant-Man to steal the tech back from Stark Industries... Or the government facility where the last remains were detained.

And:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:23:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
In a way this feels like to much information.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 29, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
I think that's an unofficial pic. Fan made.
certainly fan edited with the Cap 3 logo.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:09 PM »
We don't really talk about it but yesterday's Agents of Shield was really good. If i didn't love the rouges so much I would have ranked it above The Flash this week. The two highlights were the Ward storyline and Mockingbird who slayed like no other. Her fight scenes even more than Agent May remind of a superhero fighting ooks instead of just a really good agent, she plays well with Hunter who's starting to be written like Hawkguy fight. The opening scene with Talbot did alot to show the fallout of both the Avengers as well as Winter Solider and seeing Tablot and May shake hands was really cool.

With everything we know and the characters we have I'm calling it that shield is going to be working secretly in partnership with Senator Ward and General Talbot. We already saw that shield is giving them guys like Creel, by the end of the season shield is going to be revived as H.A.M.M.E.R. by Senator Ward and will be co-headed by Coulson and Talbot as we run into Civil War.

Anywho here's my take on the current movie slates.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - This is obviously the Lynch pin of Phase II and what every thing expect Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy had been leading up too. This is taking the Avengers and breaking and remolding what we think of them. Unlike the first Avengers which didn't have that much fallout this movie sets the stand for the rest of Phase II and all of Phase III.

Ant-Man - This will be the bookend and serve as a epilogue for the 2nd Phase of the MCU, and the heavy rewrites are probably apart of this. Being the end makes a ton of sense being that it gives a glimmer of hope of new heroes rising up in the wake of the avengers being taken down by Ultron. Scott Lang and Hank Pym will feature more of a Bruce and Terry Batman Beyond dynamic which makes them different from most. Its also going to be a fim about family with the Two heroes bonding over daughters and forming a family unit by the end of the movie. Also Hope Van Dyne totally has powers and will end up as wasp by the films end. We should see a bit of the super hero backlash in this as well with people skeptical to trust a dude in a mask, and he's going to be the first superhero with a Secert Identity in a film.

Daredevil- It will work with Ant-man about heroes in the wake of Age of Ultron, and they'll probably use the excuse of Ultron being the reason why New York Hell's Kitchen is a crap hole in 2015. Matt Murdock in the man without fear cleaning up the crime that God's and Men in Iron suits don't have time for. While the narrative will be more personal and tie in more to the Defenders, I bet that we see hints of the post AOU status quo in how people initally react to Daredevil and maybe one of the episoides featuring a cameo by other characters.

Phase III

Captain America: Civil War: This was the story that got me into reading comic books. I remember picking up my Nintendo power when I was fourteen and seeing an issue of wizard with the civil war cover and a preview of issue one. I proceeded to beg my mom to take me to borders and I spent all my allowance on the first issue and its tie ins. We do know that it won't just be about secret identities (but it would surely play part of it) and be more  the government wanting control of all these super powered beings. I wonder if this will be all the fallout of Age of Ultron which obviously sparks tensions or will we see something that  kicks it off like the explosion at the start of the comic counterpart. I can't speak on Black Panther either but he might be a stand in for Spider-man.

Doctor Strange - I guess its the season of the Witch, like Guardians and the upcoming Inhumans this is going to be Marvel's starting point for the supernatural part of the universe. Earlier rumors stated that this wouldn't be a origin, but feige went over it pretty simply at the marvel event. I hope they gloss over the Origin and get to the *ahem* Strange.  I could see getting GR or Blade cameo's depending on how they plan to do the movie.

Thor Raganarock - The last of the Thor movies and will be there to give Thor a big ass power boost for Thanos and probably introduce Beta Ray bill among other charcters. Expect to see Thanos, and Black Bolt in this film as well.

Guardians of the galaxy - Looking forward to the mix tape volume 2 soundtrack, expect more thanos sitting and grinning.

Black Panther- Its the Hero version of Doctor Doom, its hard to predict what will happen but this may be amovi about family and revenge. My guess is that Wakanda is back on the grid after Age of Utron and T'challa is going to school in america while being the Black Panther (hence his inclusion in Civil War as a young Spider-man replacement who can identity with both older heroes) and him coming to blows with his father who doesn't like his son playing hero out in the world and think Wakanda should keep to himself.

Avengers Infinty War Part 1 - Civil War is avengers 2.5, this is Guardians 2.5 and Thanos Slaps the **** out of peter Quill.

Captain Marvel - YES BITCHES PRINCESS SPARKLEFIST GETS HER DUE! I wonder if the end of Age of Origin has been changed since she has a fairly simple Orgin these days and she's my 2nd favorite Marvel superhero. Make her tough, charming, and a huge star wars nerd and you have my money. I just hope her suppoorting cast of Lt.Trouble, Chewie, Harrison, and Tig are in it. including that I hope the film isn't too tied to what's happening in Aengers, The font is dope as **** as well.

Inhuman - The Obvious Xmen stand in for the MCU. Medusa is the main charcater and its Game of Thrones or House of Cards in Space. The film ends with Black Bolt and Mad Max setting off the Terrgian bomb and powering a pretty big portion of the population of earth. This gets a spin off in 2019 called Inhuman which is about Inferno and Friends.

Avengers Infinty War Part 2 - Thanos get up and Cap puts down the Hammer. The film ends with New York's finest putting Thanos under arrest.

For giggles

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 30, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »
Avengers Infinty War Part 2 - Thanos get up and Cap puts down the Hammer.  Squirrel Girl Shows up and the film cuts to New York's finest putting Thanos under arrest.
Fixed that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 30, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/arune/status/527697871920168960

I'm pretty sure this is Marvel hinting at AoS leading up to Inhumans.
a very long precursor. Hopefully they can last a full 5 seasons (and then some) so they can lead directly into the movie.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 30, 2014, 01:49:51 PM »
I don't think AoS has to last 5 seasons.  Just have a big enough cache that they can become a mini-series event that comes on every once and a while.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 30, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Agents of sheild will surivie off of alternative viewing methods and Marketing syngery like Ounce Upon a Time has. The change to the format of the show between the two seasons was made for it to last longer seasons than just 2 or 3.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 01, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »
Watched the Dr Strange 2007 film on Netflix last night and now this is one of my most hyped new Marvel films. I am excited to see how it weaves into the greater MCCU tapestry.

Starting Agents of Shield now and I am hoping to catch up in time for the Age of Ultron tie-in next year.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast