Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170113 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1175 on: September 10, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
The Howling Commandos!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: September 10, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
I feel like S2 of AoS is gonna be awesome, especially due to it's tie into parallels of Agent Carter building SHIELD, and then Ultron shenanigans in AoU.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 10, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »
Yeah season 2 of shield has slowly crept up to my most anticipated show this season.

here's the first group photo of season 2.

For those wording why Triplett isn't a series regular its because he's a regular on the being Mary Jane show.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 10, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »
who's the tall black guy in the back on the stairs?

edit: You can't be a regular on 2 shows? or they just don't want to give him full regular pay when he's moonlighting?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 10, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »
edit: You can't be a regular on 2 shows? or they just don't want to give him full regular pay when he's moonlighting?
With the shooting schedule of TV Shows that might be a correct statement on the amount of work.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 10, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
With the shooting schedule of TV Shows that might be a correct statement on the amount of work.

The man is putting in work. 2 TV shows and the movies...
Can only spread yourself so thin. He better be the master of the 1 take though.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: September 10, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
who's the tall black guy in the back on the stairs?

I think the filming of the two conflict with shooting.

The guy on the stairs next to Blood is Alphonso Mack Mackenzie a charcater from the comics who will be a Mechanic and probably the first recruit of the coulson era of shield.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »
There's going to be a Daredevil Panel next month at New York Comic Con.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23247/marvel_tv_and_netflix_to_debut_the_cast_of_marvels_daredevil_at_new_york_comic_con

Set and filmed in New York City, it is only fitting that "Marvel's Daredevil," which debuts exclusively on Netflix in 2015, be unveiled at NYCC. Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television, will lead a panel at NYCC on Saturday, October 11 with "Marvel's Daredevil" showrunner Steve S. DeKnight and the series' star-studded cast, including Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock / Daredevil). This will be the first time "Marvel's Daredevil" cast will be assembled publicly to answer your burning questions about the series!

Expect to see the offical Daredevil Logo, the suit, and maybe a small teaser with the footage that's been shot.

Here's a interview with Jeph Loeb about the Marvel TV unit jumping from Netflix, to ABC, than to the Disney XD cartoons.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55495

Mostly fluff but he gives an intresting parallel to where Director Coulson stands now having to rebuild Shield back to what Peggy was going through when shield was first founded.

Daredevil showrunner also had an interview where he talked about the overall tone.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=122898

"With this version of Daredevil," he explains, "we wanted it to be grounded, gritty, as realistic as we could portray. That naturally fits in with the Daredevil character. Matt Murdock, on a regular basis, would get the **** beat out of him. That's one thing that makes him a great character. He's not super strong. He's not invulnerable. In every aspect, he's a man that's just pushed himself to the limits, he just has senses that are better than a normal humans. He is human. The other thing that really drew me to this character is that he's one of the most morally grey of the heroes... He's a lawyer by day, and he's taken this oath. But every night he breaks that oath, and goes out and does very violent things."

Stuff like this has me a bit wary they may be going to much down the Frank Miller path. I mean other than that conflict of interest I wouldn't call Matt morally grey at all.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 13, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »
Am i the only person who is bothered by Melinda May being this supposed badass yet every time she has fight scenes they are edited harshly to LOOK like she is?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:59 AM »
She used to be a very choreographed fighter... I think. She was Chung Li back on Street Fighter.
So I don't know if it's her, or the choreographer and directors just don't know hand to hand action very well. Hopefully they let her shine in s2.

And in that cast photo for s2, Skye is looking damn fine. I almost didn't even recognize her.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 14, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
Another Guardians of the Box Office Update: The $300M $315M Domestic March for the #1 Movie of the Summer & Year seat right next to Iron Man 1

this is a launch aligned comparison, so that you can see how the movie is doing.

[Movie: Daily Sat / Sun - Domestic Gross / # of Days (Total Domestic / WW Gross)]
GotG: $3,900,000 / $2,050,000 - $305,926,000 / 45 ($305,926,000 / $611,526,000) <wknd est>
Cap 2: $1,621,781 / $1,021,880 - $250,532,304 / 45 ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
IM 1: $2,119,187 / $2,035,062 - $297,918,329 / 45 ($318,412,101 / $585,174,222)
MoS: $308,478 / $227,573 - $286,807,505 / 45 ($291,045,518 / $668,045,518)

Current Domestic Top 5 of 2014 (as of Sunday Estimates)
[#. Movie: (Domestic Gross / WW Gross)]
1. GotG: ($305,926,000  / $611,526,000)
2. Cap 2: ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
3. LEGO Movie: ($257,748,132 / $468,048,132)
4. Transformers: ($245,064,000 / $1,080,564,000)
5. Maleficent: ($239,368,784 / $753,868,784)

Guardians has officially crossed the $300M domestic mark as of Saturday Box Office (299.9M as of Friday night estimates). GotG has a pretty solid chance of getting to $315M, but I'm not so sure it will cross $318 that IM1 has. It could happen though, but since it's losing theater count, it's not gonna be easy.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 14, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
GotG just released in Europe right?  Only $469,038,000 to go Worldwide to beat Transformers.  Which is what the real goal should be... I still don't see how Transformers made that much.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
So we should be jumping into the MCU hype train as we lead up to Avengers 2.

October- Avengers Age of Ultron first trailer
February- Avengers and Ant-man super bowl trailers. (the Ant-man one would be the one from comic-con.)
March- Age of Ultron trailer 2
May- second Ant-man Trailer

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 15, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
Scott Glenn joins Daredevil as Stick, Matt Murdock's Mentor

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Scott Glenn has joined "Marvel's Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

Best known for his work in blockbuster films such as "The Bourne Ultimatum," "Silence of The Lambs" and "The Hunt For Red October," Scott Glenn will play Stick, the mysterious martial artist and mentor of Matt Murdock (a.k.a. Daredevil).

Scott Glenn joins Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), with Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio (Wilson Fisk) in the critically-lauded cast of "Marvel's Daredevil."
"Stick is one of the most important figures in Matt Murdock's life and Scott Glenn embodies all the qualities of someone so integral to this hero's journey," said Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television. "There are few actors who could bring such the authenticity, gravitas and charisma to such a key role in Matt's journey to become the super hero we call Daredevil."

"Marvel's Daredevil" follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel's first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of "Marvel's Daredevil"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Smallville," "Heroes").

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 15, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »
Let me revise that for you since #itsallconnected

September - Agents of SHIELD
October - Avengers Age of Ultron teaser trailer (Big Hero 6?)
January - Agent Carter (AoS Mid Season Break)
February - Avengers and Ant-man super bowl trailers. (the Ant-man = comic-con teaser)
March - Age of Ultron real trailer 2
March - AoS second half of S2
May - Release of Age of Ultron
May - second Ant-man Trailer
May - AoS Ends / Daredevil Begins
July - Release of Ant-Man

edit: More AoS s2 pics
http://marvel.com/news/tv/23266/shield_shots_exclusive_images_from_shadows

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »
November 7th for Big Hero 6.  Looking forward to that one.  Though I'm glad I didn't know much about the original Big Hero 6 or I probably have my torch and pitchfork.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 15, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »
The official plot details of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.
Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

Sounds like were going to see Ultron start as a project by shield and Pym. Makes all of the stuff going back to the past make more sense, and my guess is that Zola used the Ultron prototype to upload his mind.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:05 PM »
colbertcalledit.gif

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 15, 2014, 10:54:58 PM »
Anyone have the fear that Rhoedy might die early on in the movie, and man I hope we get cameos outside the main Avengers team.

So were in the timeline do you see the Netflix dropping, before or after Age of Ultron? I also wonder why Marvel plans to insert the after the credits stinger on Daredevil considering it all comes out at one time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 15, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
Daredevil drops after AoS season ends, which is after AoU has been in the theater for probably at least 3-4 weeks, so I'm sure any post credit stinger will just be to get you into the next episode (binge watch bitch) or to lead into Jessica Jones with the final episode.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
So Jones is confirmed the next series? I figured the Daredevil ending tease would be Danny Rand coming into Matt Murdock's office and asking him to take the case of a friend of his being wrongly imprisoned.

I'm wondering if Jones will start casting and filming in the Winter or wait till next spring.

I'm really just excited since Daredevil will be the first MCU Superhero with a secret Identity, other than Bruce Banner. (but i'm guessing Widow putting the shield files out there killed it).

It still amazes that were pretty early into the MCU AND Super-heroes and Villians are still a pretty new thing so far in context of the universe.

So far the rostor of heroes and espcially villians is pretty small. On the side of the angels you have

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Black Widow
Hulk
Hawkeye
Iron Patriot
The Falcon
Deathlok

On the other side you have

Loki
Bartoc the leaper
CrossBones
Abomination
Blizzard
Baron Strucker
Grant Ward
Raina
gravaton
Lorelei

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
You forgot:

Fury
SHIELD
Bucky/The Winter Soldier
Lady Sif (and the Warriors Three)
Heimdall (& Odin?)
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket
Nova Corps

Red Skull
HYDRA
Thanos
Nebula
Ronan
Korath
Dark Elves

and Yes, Jessica Jones was mentioned to be the 2nd Netflix Marvel Show, followed by Iron Fist and then Luke Cage.