Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169987 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »
Last on of Agents of SHIELD....

we kinda found out what happened to Coulson to bring him back to life
he was dead for days, not seconds or even hours, but days.
FURY ordered some otherworldly techno-sciencey **** to revive Coulson, and honestly, it looked quite creepy - brain surgery with a six armed(?) surgery-bot while Coulson begged to just be left to die.

We also get to see Skye utilize all her Spy training in the field on a solo mission, and it was pretty entertaining.

We got see more of the beautiful Ruth Negga - aka Girl in the Flower Dress

and it was also revealed that Mike Peterson is still alive and speculation has him being turned into a Deathlok - which is a soldier revived from the dead and fitted with cybernetic parts that enhance his vision, strength and durability. Seeing as how Mike Peterson had the left side of his face burned off, I believe his whole right arm was burned up and he was missing his right leg from teh knee down, he was a perfect candidate for the pic of Deathlok I had to google - cyber left side of face, cybernetic right arm and legs. He already has super strength, but they also fitted him with a cybernetic eye. Only time will tell if that's where they are going with that though.

I think this was one of the better episodes, and things are moving along now, but some things still need to be adjusted before they settle in the groove.

Here is the promo for next weeks episode "Seeds" where we might be finding out Skye's secret too.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
That scene was far too dark for the tone of the show. I was uncomfortable watching the whole thing. I want fun and adventure and danger and villains not that. I'm hoping this show doesn't move in that direction too much. I've been searching around to see if it was just me in my old age being squeamish and prudish. Am I alone?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
Skye in the Melinda May get up was awesome.

I didn't find either scene too dark, but than at the end of the day I think darker stories comes with sheild. They're the shadowy organization that does the crappy stuff while the public is enamored by the brightly colored heroes in the sky.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:03 PM »
He's right in that the show has yet to hold a consistent tone though.

It's almost like certain scene are done by different directors as they try to incorporate everything and it feels kinda off.

Happy go lucky team scene, face stomp....., actioney scene with some wise-cracks, slow melodrama dialogue, back to happy go lucky team scene, light action scene, guy gets disintegrated, wise cracking buddy buddy scene, slow melodramatic dialogue heavy scene, team scene, exposed brains torture let me die scene, happy team scene. end.
It's all over the place and doesn't quite mesh together correctly. one of the things they need to tweak on this show.
Is it a family friendly action show, or is it a action drama for young adults. They keep changing their mind back and forth during each episode. I don't mind that they want to be everything, but a jack of all trades is usually a master of none, and it's nearly impossible to please all the people all the time, but if they figured out who this was aimed at, they may be able to please most of those people most of the time.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:02 PM »
While it didn't disturb me or anything, I think any scene where you have someone begging to die, it's pretty dark.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
I think that meets most textbook definitions.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/09/marvel-one-shot-ben-kingsley-mandarin-all-hail-the-king/

The 14-minute film All Hail the King was written and directed by Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce, and will be included on the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray, out Feb. 25.
[...]
All Hail the King features the biggest One-Shot star yet – Kingsley, whose character is one of the most controversial in the Marvel universe: a brokedown British actor who was only pretending to be The Mandarin, the murderous and ominous leader of The Ten Rings terrorist group.

The Mandarin is the classic Iron Man nemesis, and while some fans were amused by the curveball Iron Man 3 threw out there regarding his “true nature,” others were outraged and furious.

All Hail the King reveals — they are not alone.

“Imagine a real terrorist organization whose beliefs were long held and religious for thousands of years, and imagine a drunk, British actor coming along and essentially telling the world that he’s the face of your organization,” Pearce tells EW. “I think they would be right to be quite angry.”

Slattery is spending his time entertaining the much more hardened criminals surrounding him in the maximum security Seagate prison (Marvel’s version of Alcatraz, which comic book readers recognize as a key location in the origin story of hero Luke Cage.)

As the short begins, Slattery has agreed to do his first interview with a documentary filmmaker (Argo’s Scoot McNairy), who is chronicling the aftermath of Tony Stark’s latest saga. In the photo above, they are seen sitting in Slattery’s surprisingly expansive prison quarters, which is adorned by memorabilia from his less than stellar past.

Q: How does this fit in to the entire Marvel mythology? In the feature film, we learn that Kingsley’s version of The Mandarin is a front set up by Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), but here he is surprised to learn there are people out there who still believe in the figure he was impersonating.

A: What it’s doing on that level is, it reiterates a bunch of stuff that actually Shane [Black, director and co-writer of Iron Man 3] and I said in our interviews around the movie. There’s lots of exposition in lots of different cuts of Iron Man 3 that, in the end, kind of got snubbed out. It’s kind of said in Iron Man 3 but very briefly, Aldrich essentially took a thing that was real, historically real and culturally real, and co-opted it for his own means — essentially co-opting an ancient terrorist concept. What [All Hail the King] does is show that everything in Iron Man 1 [involving the terrorist group] was canon all along any way. We kind of knew The Ten Rings were a real terrorist cell.
[...]
by the end of the short, there are definitely a lot of exciting other places that are brought up in it that could then go in the Marvel universe. You know, whether that’s an Iron Man movie or another one going into Phase Two or Three

another pic and more details in the link. Also another familiar actor (from the Hangover series) makes a Marvel debut in the short.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:33:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
Yeah, I just want some consistency with the direction of the program. If that was the season finale or something I guess but, well I guess this was the "winter premier" (topic for another thread). one of the more interesting  theories I read was since they changed the origin of ultron then this episode sets up for Coulsen to become Vision.

Now on to this Marvel One shot with The Mandarin. As I have previously stated, I hated just about everything from IronMan 3 (save for the last trailer) and most of it was centered around Ben Kingsley's "character". Just a total damned waste but I digress. Now rumors and speculation point to the "real" Mandarin is pissed with fake him. Just let it go. You screwed up Marvel. Unless they make hime like Chow Yun Fat or Donnie Yen.
/Dreams

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
That Coulson becomes vision thing is oooooooold.

I doubt it happens though.

Here is what Clark Gregg has said on it though:

so take that as you will. no guarantee he knows what he's talking about though, he could just be tossing his own theories out there.

and I'm interested to see where they go with this new One-Shot as Pearce says it possibly leads into other movies, and the beginning of the interview points out that it is located at a place that has to do with the origin of Luke Cage, who has a show coming out later this year. Might not be connected, but you never know. Maybe Trevor's Lawyer is Matt Murdoch or something. Who knows. but the last 3 (or all) one-shots have all tied into another project, so I expect no less from this one.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
WILD AGENTS OF SHIELD THEORY FORTHCOMING!!

I have been thinking about who this Clairvoyant may be. Someone always ahead of the curve, with money. This made me start running through who we have seen before.

What do you reckon that this Clairvoyant is Dr Samuel Stern (aka The Leader) from the Incredible Hulk? His tale has not yet been told and it is quite a good fit.

Thoughts?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
I still need to rewatch that movie. But I guess that would be a good way to lead back into another Hulk movie and tie this show further into the MCU, which it is so ungracefully dancing around the edges of.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
A new argent being introduced on AoS

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-Shield-Bill-Paxton-First-Look-1075530.aspx

Bill Paxton is paying agent John Garrett, who in the comics was left for dead and received a cybernetic body from SHIELD to save his life.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Bill Paxton is joining agents of sheild as John Garrett.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50234

Coulsin is coming to Ultimate marvel as apart of the Ultimate FF roster.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Michael Douglas playing Hank Pym in Ant-Man.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113458
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:35:35 PM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
So that cements the idea behind the film being partially a flashback using the "To Steal An Antman" story line.

Maybe Pym will still be the creator of Ultron in some way or another afterall, even if it is ultimately tweaked so that Stark is the one credited for bringing it to life.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
Michael Douglas playing Hank Pym in Ant-Man.

This has to be explained to me other than he's playing "old" Hank Pym. I like Michael Douglas but this is some weird casting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
Michael Douglas play Hank Pym, super scientist and discovere of "Pym" particles that make for the Ant-Man suit back in the 1960's. flash forward to today and you have Scott Lange, played by Paul Rudd, who is a man down on his luck and swipes the Ant-Man suit to save his sick duaghter.

Actually, why don't we let Edgar Wright explain it for you instead:

Let's enter the Way Back machine (as Jimmy James - News Radio - would put it)
Quote from: July 25, 2006
http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/91587-exclusive-edgar-wright-talks-ant-man

SHH!: I think it's interesting that the Ant-Man you knew and grew up with was the Scott Lang one, since most people I would think know the one who hung with the Wasp in "Tales to Astonish."

Wright: Well, the thing is that what we want to do, the idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both. Is to have a film that basically is about Henry Pym and Scott Lang, so you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of "Tales to Astonish" mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him. So it's like an interesting thing, like the "Marvel Premiere" one that I read which is Scott Lang's origin, it's very brief like a lot of those origin comics are, and in a way, the details that are skipped through in the panels and the kind of thing we'd spend half an hour on.

So will Michael Douglas also sport a costume and be Yellow Jacket before deciding he (Pym)is  too old for this and retires for good?

Will Rashida Jones still be cast as a present day Wasp?
If Michael Douglas is playing Pym in the 60's.... does that mean that Pym is dead today? or will there be another actor cast as young Pym for the flashbacks?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:43:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
Thank you sir, the light has been shed. I'm not sure about how I feel but I loved scott pilgrim so I have hopes of a none-flop.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
Were probably going to hear casting rumors of a younger Hank Pym, the first scene will be young Pym doing the 1960s style spy/hero stuff and than interlude with slacker but hero to become Scott Lang.

This pretty much still allows Pym to be apart of Ultrons Creation without burding any of the main heroes with building a death robot. (Still calling its Tony's fault).

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
Wait, How old is Tony in the Movie universe.  At boy Genius level he have to be at least 64 to be able to do anything with Pym in the 60's.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
Stark's Dad might have worked with Pym.
Howard Stark is in the Iron Man 2 & Capt. America I believe.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »
Late 40s.

I'm guessing Pym works on a prototype for Ultron in the 60# shelves it and Tony or shield messes with it and creates ultron.

We should find out in March since its been said that Winter Soldier leads into age of Ultron.

Fake wsit: didn't think of starks dad. He was in the agent carter short as well.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »
I think I'm really liking where they're going with the Ant-Man movie. Marvel can have it's cake and eat it too in terms of depicting both characters.

I'm just wondering if, with such a talented actor, they will. . .you know. . .go down the wife slapping road.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
I'm sure they won't have enough time to even bring it up.
and if they do, it will be in a way that was closer to the original intent and not the way it was actually depicted.
I'm sure if he does smack her in a flashback, they will make damn sure that it was 100% on accident as he was making a sweeping gesture while turning around in anger, surprise or excitement.
It will not be an intentional "who do you think you're talking to!!" bitch slap as everyone seems to remember it as.

I also have a working theory as to how this can all play out where Janet (Rashida) is a new Wasp, Lang in the New Ant-Man and Pym is still the creator of Ultron. It's a rough idea, but hear it out:

in his pursuit of ways to make money to pay off his daughters medical debts that will save her life, Scott Lang (Rudd) meets Janet (Rashida), who is the daughter of a brilliant scientist named Pym (Douglas) who used to/still kinda works for SHIELD .
She takes a liking to him and while he is getting to know her more, he discovers that her father has the perfect thing to help him get what he needs. He "borrows" the suit, but makes a huge mess of the entire situation at hand as he tries to figure the suit out, his theivery attempt, while successful was a huge mess and very amateurish, and that leads to him getting caught by Janet and/or Hank in the suit.
He explains his situation (re: His daughter), they sympathize with him and help him figure out how to work the suit, because now he needs to defeat whatever bad guy he has pissed off in his previous outting to get the money to save his daughter.
In the mix of things Janet inherits his mothers old suit (The Original Wasp) from her father and helps Scott out at a crucial moment.
In the end Pym decides that Scott was a worthy man of the Ant-Man suit and ready for the responsibility of that and his daughter Janet.
queue scene with Fury recruiting them to the Avengers and bringing Hank back in the SHIELD labs to talk & do sciencey stuff with Stark & Banner.

post credits scene involving Ultron remains (from Avengers 2) in SHIELD Lab where Pym now works again... Ultron head flickers.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2014, 01:03:47 AM »
Latino review says Marvel is casting Dr. Strange.
In related news Johnny Depp just had another meeting with Marvel
Latino Review says Johnny Depp is going to be Dr. Strange
http://latino-review.com/2014/01/exclusive-marvel-eyeing-johnny-depp-dr-strange/