Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 186143 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18987
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #700 on: April 27, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
What i found most fascinating about the Spring Loaded event is that Apple are now basically selling the exact same hardware, the M1, in 4 different form factors. Is this the future of personal computing?

The upcoming MacBook Pro is supposed to be running on a more powerful version of it, dubbed the M1X. I think they'll be spread out more over time, it's just this way now because this is the very start of Apple using their own processors.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Score: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 27, 2021, 04:47:12 PM »
Apparently, Apple’s M2 chip has entered production and will ship as soon as July.

My guess is the X-variant of Apple's M-series chips is the plan for the company's desktop computers; it may have gotten disrupted by *broadly gestures at 2020/2021*. Also, isn't there currently a chip shortage? Is it possible that could affect things?

Ted Lasso is on the list. It's the only thing on AppleTV+ I've heard of. RABicle's assessment is interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

insanolord, what MacBook Pro are you eyeballing? If Apple finally releases the 14" model, that will probably be what I get. The MacBook Air is also an option though I remember feeling that the extra cost was worth upgrading to the Pro. We'll see if that holds up later this year.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 27, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
I'm looking at the 16" model. My current one is 15", and I wouldn't mind going slightly bigger.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 17, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
I've wanted a Macbook for years but I will not buy a laptop without a touchscreen. It's far too useful.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline RABicle

• The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #704 on: July 06, 2021, 09:40:08 AM »
iPad
I've wanted a Macbook for years but I will not buy a laptop without a touchscreen. It's far too useful.
iPad Pro with magic keyboard?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline pokepal148

• The Greatest Kirby Helper
  • Score: -9968
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2021, 07:04:50 PM »
I'm absolutely shocked that touchscreens haven't really taken off on Laptops. It seems like a no brainer.
Forum Retrospective - Come play games with us. It'll be fun.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2021, 12:06:13 AM »
Touch screen and mouse cursor are very different interfaces. Microsoft tried to merge the two and it didn’t really work. Apple’s been pretty insistent on keeping them separate, although things like making iOS apps run on Apple Silicon Macs kind of muddies that.

J.P. Corbran