Author Topic: The Gamecube -- it's great!  (Read 3155 times)

Offline elecpharm

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Gamecube -- it's great!
« on: April 21, 2003, 10:05:01 PM »
My sister visited me over the holiday and while she was here, she watched me enjoy Animal Crossing.  After a while I asked if she'd like to play, she did. She made herself a character and fell in love with the game. In fact, the next day, we ventured over to Best Buy and she bought a gamecube for herself. The only other time I ever remember seeing my sister play a videogame is "NEVER." I was surprised and excited.  She bought Animal Crossing and  picked Mario Party 4 as her free game.  She wanted Starfox Adventures, but they were sold out, but after playing Mario Party 4, she's glad she got it.  I'm atill in awe at how excited my sister is about her Cube. She still plans on getting Starfox and wants Zelda as well.  The Gamecube -- It's great!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 01:40:41 AM »
If my Dad/Mum/Cousin/Whoever the hell is around saw me playing Animal Crossing (Which is actually impossible due to it not being on sale in Australia), they'd make a disgusted face, tell me the game is crap, and walk out, never to venture into my room for the next few hours.

Yeah, the GameCube rocks. Mmmmm, solitude.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 08:27:07 AM »
I know Animal Crossing and Zelda are the two games that are making most of my friends want a Gamecube right now.  I think as soon as Mario Kart comes out, most will follow my example.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 11:03:21 AM »
same thing happened with my brother.  hated video games.  loved animal crossing.  loved zelda.  loves to play.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 01:27:20 PM »
I'm beginning to think this is a common trend with Animal Crossing, my sisters did everything except steal it to keep me from playing, they are very evil.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline hylian sponge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 03:56:14 PM »
my dad hates all games , he doesnt care about graphics or anything cuz i showed him resident evil and he hated it , and u know since it for the older more mature audience i thought he would like it but instead he hates all videogames he thinks that they make me stupid and they affect me at school , when i get good grades.oh well, he is 59 though , u know how old people r about new electronical things and such like that etc.there always like i dont know how to do this its to complicated.it turns u stupid dont play that anymore
i am the sponge from hyrule!!!!!!

Offline Zman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 04:04:39 PM »
My friends made fun of me for having a Gamecube,  but sure enough...Last year, they went out and got a Gamecube. They actually begged their parents to lend him the money, and he is 15.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 08:09:49 PM »
Damn i wish Nintendo released Animal Crossing in Australia, it sounds awesome. Hopefully we'll get Animal Crossing 2 though.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 10:22:11 PM »
my dad is 53 and hes a gamer a pc gamer, but i did play a few rounds of fifa 2003 with him yay dad, beat him mercilessly >=D TOON ARMY!!

ehehe, by the time we get animal crossing one any money number 2 will be out in USA, import get? perhaps :\

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 10:22:07 AM »
Recently about half of my friends that hated gamecube became fanboys of it! How great is that! I think it was because of zelda and the announced games line up but im not sure...
I am the prince of all Sayains once again!!!!

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 12:50:37 PM »
my friend bought xbox about a year and a half ago,
he always told me within the last year that gamecube is going out of business,
however within the last year he always told me xbox S$$*s and has no good games,
but he continued to tell me gamecube was going under,
well last night he saw pics of mario kart DD and now he tells me once he makes some
money this summer hes Definitely buying a gamecube! i was very happy to hear that since I've
been happy with my Cube since the first day I had it,
on top of that, now he's begging me to come visit him (the state bordering mine, CT- to MA)
so he can play Zelda...
I guess once you experience the magic of mario zelda and the rest of the gang you can't leave them behind... HAIL THE CUBE!

currently playing Zelda WW, metroid fusion, metroid prime, nhl 2003

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 02:37:40 PM »
A good amount of people want the GCN when it goes down in price...a price cut will be helpful right about now.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2003, 02:58:13 PM »
This makes me happy.  My sister's playing Zelda right now.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>