Author Topic: Mafia 69: Sonic '06 Day 2: Dusty Des- oh Snap, it's Silver.  (Read 19325 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Mafia 69: Sonic '06 Day 2: Dusty Des- oh Snap, it's Silver.
« on: August 23, 2016, 01:04:28 AM »

Current Mission: Escape Doctor Eggman's Minions

Well it's day two and the tensions are already running hot (mostly against me) so what better place to run off to then the Dusty Desert. Apparently Lucario really wanted to check out the giant Billiard Table going on in one of the ancient temples. Stevey unfortunately will not be joining us, he's apparently still gathering information about Dr. Eggman and I feel we're better off going on without him. Lolmonade (or Lolmanade, look, if I use both spellings I'm bound to be correct 50% of the time and that's better than nothing) managed to glitch into Shadow's part of Wave Ocean somehow and is still trying to figure out how to get out of there so I don't think we'll be seeing much of him either. Fortunately we managed to rescue the Princess so hopefully we'll manage to get out of here in one piece.

Dead
Lolmonade (Townie) (killed by Mafia)
Stevey (Townie) (killed by vote)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:54:26 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 69: Sonic '06 Day 2: Dusty Desert.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:43:15 AM »
Well, took a chance on stevey because I don't trust pokepal. Can't believe he's gone with 4 active mafia members in a game with 15 players. That means if we fail to vote out a mafia member in the next 3 days, the moon will crash into the planet and this game is over.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 01:47:30 AM »
That's the best version of Dusty Desert! Great rhythm and percussion.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:59:56 AM »
Meanwhile in the Hard Mode DLC (yes that's a thing that exists.)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 02:16:36 AM »
Nah, once I beat it, it was over. My older brother who was a masochist at the time actually got all of the original achievements.

His soul is much weaker to this very day.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:57:07 AM »
Quote from: Stratos link=topic=50418.msg901457#msg901457
Remember the time thatguy was the killer and offered his services day one to the highest bidder, including mafia members? He died that night.

Quote from: Khushrenada link=topic=50424.msg901724#msg901724
Yes. I'm trying to get him to vote Stevey for you. I also pm'd thatguy and am hoping he'll show up in time to save you.

Quote from: pokepal148 link=topic=50424.msg901737#msg901737
Post count is about it really. I legitimately thought that the two different Khushrenadas running around the last game I hosted was a forum glitch at the time. It was just Thatguy having changed his username at the time f-ing with me.

Did someone say my name?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 03:46:44 AM »
So Phil's not actually playing, right? Just posting often in the mafia threads often because he likes the music? Cool.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 03:58:34 AM »
It's good music, probably! I'd likely agree if I didn't have my speakers muted.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 05:44:30 AM »
Vote Khushrenda
sorry senpai

KHUSHRENADA EDIT: This post was originally deleted by the user. Users are not delete their votes but rather just unbold and unvote an old vote in order to leave the voting records intact. As such, this post has been restored to the game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:54:39 AM by Khushrenada »
Made you look ****.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
'06 looks fun when a pro plays it, although you could same the same for just about anything.
Meanwhile in the Hard Mode DLC (yes that's a thing that exists.)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 09:04:07 AM »
So I had to work overtime to get myself saved there, with my vote for stevey pretty much being nothing but selfish.

It'd be easy to write it off as just getting rid of an inactive townie (since everyone knew they were most likely town), but it definitely could be seen as off that a vote would be led against a near-confirmed town. I can't slight Khush completely since he did help me out, but it's food for thought nonetheless. It's a good cover-up for voting off a town, if that was the intention.

TOPHAT kinda jumped in whenever convenient and voted for stevey without offering much else except blindly agreeing with the wagon. Then Lucario just up and goes for Khush, which is either him being his usual self or a sign that he knows something (doubtful). Plently of lurkers this game too, so no doubt there's 1-2 mafia just not posting. Fun.

In terms of the deaths, lolmonade is a pretty easy pick. If anything, he possibly draws some suspicion to Stogi, but other than that his demise doesn't give much away. Stogi could be doing some sort of power play (he's capable of it), but at this point I'm inclined to not vote for him.

ShyGuy possibly mafia. Stogi could be town.

That's all I got for now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:13:39 AM by Silenced »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »
The thing I find curious is that Stogi didn't die. Could have just been a mafia oversight, but Day 0 he claimed doctor, and in the rules it states that the doc can't save themselves. So they could have easily made the hit and take the chance that he actually is doc.

It was probably just a bluff on Stogi's end. But in any case, it's still odd.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »
Well, took a chance on stevey because I don't trust pokepal. Can't believe he's gone with 4 active mafia members in a game with 15 players. That means if we fail to vote out a mafia member in the next 3 days, the moon will crash into the planet and this game is over.
Conversely, if the town manages to take out the Godfather, followed by Goon 1 and then 2 and 3 the town can win the day without incurring further losses due to the Mafia having their kills canceled.

How exciting.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
The thing I find curious is that Stogi didn't die. Could have just been a mafia oversight, but Day 0 he claimed doctor, and in the rules it states that the doc can't save themselves. So they could have easily made the hit and take the chance that he actually is doc.

Claiming to be the doctor and actually being the doctor are two different things, so it paints a target on him which means the real doctor can pick him to save.  Pretty neat game of chicken.  I doubt the real doctor would out themselves like that so that is why I'm fairly certain he's just a regular townie but he could be a lower level mafia member also, wolf in sheep's clothing sort of thing... However if that is the case, Bravo!
Edit on the same line of thinking:  Usually the Godfather is immune to investigations, so he may show up as townie anyway if he was mafia!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:05:43 PM by apdude »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
So Phil's not actually playing, right? Just posting often in the mafia threads often because he likes the music? Cool.

Just an innocent bystander talking about his love of music while hoping he is not taken out in the process by the mafia.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
The Godfather is not immune to investigations by nature of I forgot to put anything saying otherwise in the rules and would rather avoid the inevitable **** storm I'll get for not going by my own rules and it just fits more with the more "back to basics" style of Mafia that I'm trying to go for here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:31:35 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »
The Godfather is not immune to investigations by nature of I forgot to put anything saying otherwise in the rules and would rather avoid the inevitable **** storm I'll get for not going by my own rules and it just fits more with the more "back to basics" style of Mafia that I'm trying to go for here.

Wait, wait, wait a minute! So, if the detective investigates the godfather, they will be revealed as the godfather to the detective? That's interesting. I don't think we've ever had a game like that before.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 01:34:28 PM »
Yeah I noticed that. So Godfather turns up mafia?

It's like we're playing a broken game.

Claiming to be the doctor and actually being the doctor are two different things, so it paints a target on him which means the real doctor can pick him to save.  Pretty neat game of chicken.  I doubt the real doctor would out themselves like that so that is why I'm fairly certain he's just a regular townie but he could be a lower level mafia member also, wolf in sheep's clothing sort of thing... However if that is the case, Bravo!
Edit on the same line of thinking:  Usually the Godfather is immune to investigations, so he may show up as townie anyway if he was mafia!

My point is that the mafia didn't necessarily have much to lose, since there may not have been a doc protection in the way off the hit. Best case scenario he actually is the doc and they get the kill, worst case Stogi lives and the town still has no leads.

But I'm not sure on that. Rather I think I'm going to unvote TOPHAT

He's been a bit lurky and suspicious in his posting. I think I'd like to hear more from them about their thoughts on things.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:39:52 PM by Silenced »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »
Silenced. What the hell? You're basically calling the mafia incompetent or me a liar. Either way, your vote for TOP makes no sense. You should have accused me and rallied the vote against me, but you didn't. Why?

I'm ending this today.

Vote Silenced
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:53:24 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »
Nothing to end. Once again you're not really listening to me at all. I called out TOP yesterday because I didn't approve of his posting. He seemed shifty and was lurking, like other players that have yet to come forward.

I was suspicious of him for a while. But if you'd prefer for me to go after you I can, since you seem to have your feathers a bit ruffled about it.

I find it more important at the moment to get everyone to participate here, otherwise we have to resort to whacking at inactives.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:07:45 PM by Silenced »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 03:19:22 PM »
He's been a bit lurky and suspicious in his posting. I think I'd like to hear more from them about their thoughts on things.

Hi, I admit it does look suspicious that lolmonade was murdered after I had voted for them in the previous round but then changed to the stevey bandwagon. That could have been an intentional stitch-up by the mafia since I was the only person to change my vote from someone to vote for stevey, that wasn't voting for you Silenced originally.

I think we should look at how the votes were cast to give us a clear picture.

Lolmonade - Stogi
Stogi - Stevey
TOPHATANT123 - Stevey
ShyGuy - Khushrenada
Nickmitch - No vote, didn't post
Stratos - No vote, didn't post
Dasmos - No vote, posted
Tofufury - Stevey
Silenced -Stevey
Lucario - No vote, posted
Oohhboy - No vote, posted
Mop it Up - Oohhboy
Apdude - Lolmonade
Stevey - No vote, didn't post
Khushrenada - Stevey
Insanolord - No vote, posted

Stogi has been quite aggressive against yourself Silenced, as well as the only person who called them out was killed last night. To me it sounds more like an attempt at framing than it does an actual hit from Stogi. So for now I will continue with Khushrenada's plan to vote off the least active until we have more information that would point us to the mafia, the least active person from what I can tell is Stratos so I'll be voting for them unless they turn up to defend themselves.

Vote Stratos
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:48:27 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »
For the record Stogi, I reached out to you to get your thoughts and you either didn't see that or consciously decided to not reply. I didn't want you voted off because I want to hear your thinking first.

Your arguments against me have been based off of flimsy reasoning and coincidental scenarios. If anything, YOUR voting doesn't make sense.

In every game I play I always offer up whatever I am thinking so that the town can ponder over multiple options and not get tunnel-vision focus on simple bandwagons. Yes, I do find it odd the mafia didn't hit you given the probabilities at play, though as I said I'm inclined to believe you're town and that the mafia either made an oversight or didn't like the chances.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »
But let's go further.

If I'm mafia, why would I be drawing unnecessary attention to myself? I've had a big target painted on me since Day 0 and I've gone with voting pressure on constantly. It's not something useful if I had such a role. I'd be playing more reserved and more in the background, since that strategy always wins on here.

I've been very open and I have made sure to do my best to detail my reasoning for all that I have done. I think I look pretty clearly like a member of the town. I'm doing my best to spread information and offer up my ideas and courses of action.

I think it's important to call people out on suspicion, so I called out TOPHAT because his posting struck me. His only contribution was supplying a vote for stevey without ever showing much consideration for it.

ShyGuy hasn't exactly done much to help at all, as well as others that have remained in hiding, seeing as that's just the easiest way to win.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »
I think glorifying the mafia is wrong and shameful. Mafias in history have led to a lot of violence, bloodshed, and unrest. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Not as ashamed as my brother who, again, got all of the achievement points in Sonic 06.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
But we're not glorifying the mafia. We're trying to hunt the filthy, bloodsheding scum down to beat them to death in the streets in a public execution to remove them from the game. Us townies are pure-hearted creatures who wouldn't even hurt a mosquito. Unless the mosquito was a mafia scumbag also!