Author Topic: Imagine, visiting these forums ten years from now.  (Read 39025 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Imagine, visiting these forums ten years from now.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
January 16, 2010. Holy late to the party, Batman.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 09:50:38 PM »
maybe in ten years i'll actually be considered a good poster :D

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
Date Registered: March 24, 2003, 01:10:30 PM
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »
maybe in ten years i'll actually be considered a good poster :D

You're ok.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
So I signed up on June 15, 2004, so I guess I just celebrated my 9th anniversary! Yay! I did however have an account prior to that, Hallafaxorama, but forgot the password and I had signed up with that account on May 14, 2003.

So over ten years, jeez.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »

did you have your Tvman account converted, or is this your second account?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »

did you have your Tvman account converted, or is this your second account?

I think we can assume by his signature that he has just changed his name.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
What Dasmos said.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »
We should just bump post from 10 years ago.

If I am still here 10 years from now....
I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the still active posters have already posted in this thread.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
Date Registered: March 16, 2006, 01:27:39

7 years as an active member but I remember finding this site through AOL way back in the planet n2000 days, I remember the launch of planet GameCube too, but at the time I wasn't really familiar with the forums. In fact I was new to the internet in general..

I remember it was during the PGC era that I stumbled upon the forums do to lack of news on the front page. Complete boredom and lack of interest on other sites made me lurk the forums a while but I didn't feel compelled to join because I felt I had nothing to add (and all the active posters at the time seemed like such a tight knit group of friends that I felt like an outsider trying to barge in to the cool kids hang out like "hey guys, I like Nintendo too, we should be friends!"

Then one fateful day in 2006 I just had to speak up.... I still haven't gotten around to editing that Great Wall of China Text like I promised I would...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 03:32:26 AM »
What Dasmos said.

oh yeah. I have a tendency to just filter out signatures.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 06:36:29 PM »

Wowzers. In that time I feel like I accomplished a lot accept for the last couple years. Looking back on my previous posts... Good god I was an idiot. Never smoked weed once, never did any of the really harmful drugs and only got in 2 car accidents.

Get this! I've got Pokemon in my Black 2 that go back that far! Well March 2003 to be more accurate. Looking through my collection I noticed the original trainer was a high school friend of mine I haven't seen in almost a decade now.

I think I'll still enjoy Pokemon 10 years from now. By then my daughter may be in love with it, so it would naturally be easier for me to keep up with it. I've noticed the things that I really loved back then, or even as far back as preschool, I still love today. The Ninja Turtles, Nintendo, Wushu, Pokemon, animals. As an adult I feel like I can appreciate these things more so long as they stay true to themselves while evolving.

For years I've had this image of certain people.

Iansane: The most popular talk radio show in Los Angeles is the John and Ken Show. I absolutely love it, and John rants and raves about things that he is passionate about and the way he approaches certain topics I swear it's you talking. I always imagined is voice was yours and he looks like what I imagine you would when you get past 40 or closer to 50. The difference between him and you is that I agree with John 99% of the time, hahaha.

BlackNMild: Before I got to meet him I always imagine Rilo from The Cleavland show. It only popped into my head when Mop It Up commented on your voice. Saying something to the affect of "I wouldn't have imagined you sounded like that." I thought, "like what, sounded weird?" So then I envisioned he had an afro and talked like Rilo.

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

STEVEY: I always pictured him as some sort of Yiddish yodeling school boy who just made it to America from Gibbelshtoop. I don't know what that means and I've probably offended 2 groups. It's just what I thought. 

PERM: I always thought you looked and talked like Disco Stu from the Simpsons, now I give that image to our real Disco Stu. I remember some animations or something like that from way back and I thought that must be what you looked like.

Mop It Up: Before I even saw her Mii, I always imagined she wore pink dresses with really tall cone hats like a wizard or something. I feel like I saw a picture like that by her some time ago. Only thing is I always associate your imaginary face with Birdo in my head.

Broodwars: Everytime I read his posts I think of Squidward but in the body of Mr Crocker. I don't know why it's just what comes to time. Not that you have a big nose or a hook head, they just come to mind.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:53:27 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »

QFT

;) sorry Adrock, I found my new sig..

Offline Minsc

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Something tells me I was on forums previous these.  It's certainly been awhile.  My video game foruming began back in the glory days of IGN during Space World 2000.  Most of my time was spent there, especially when I began playing Phantasy Star Online with the IGN crew in early 2001.  Though I did frequent N2000 for news on the Big N. :)  It nice seeing NWR have a lack of a commercial feel as other sites became once they were gobbled up by larger corporations.

Other memories too.  I'm sure many of us were involved in some sort of gaming clan back in the day which have long since dissolved.  Mine was TFA, born out of PSO on IGN.  The guy who took the helm did try to make in into a gaming website but nobody came together and clicked like people did for NWR so it never went anywhere.  Our forums did manage to last until 2006-2007 but fell in to the abyss when I decided to stop paying for the web space.  Definitely a lot of changes over the years. :)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:27 PM »
I can look like disco stu if i try