Author Topic: DS Lite...I'm a bit dissapointed...  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Shin Gallon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS Lite...I'm a bit dissapointed...
« on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »
We got the Lite display kiosk thing at the WalMart I work at, and I tried it out for a few minutes today. I must say, the screens are gorgeous. I love the case, and how slim the system is. However, that's where the love ends.
I really don't like the new d-pad, or the buttons. They feel mushy and fragile, like if I play the system for a week they'll break (especially the d-pad).
So, I think I'll stick with my current NDS. The screens aren't quite as nice, but it's not like they're terrible (I remember when first seeing a DS and loving the screen then), and I much prefer the buttons, and I think the regular DS has the best d-pad of any handheld...ever, really.
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline Aussiedude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Lite...I'm a bit dissapointed...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:24 AM »
Well I have both and I dont agree. The AB buttons are better as they are traised higher, sure the d-pad is smaller to make the unit smaller so you cant have everything. I just checked the feel of the d-pad on both units, the lite d-pad only feels slightly softer so I dont understand how you can say "They feel mushy and fragile, like if I play the system for a week they'll break (especially the d-pad)".

The DS-Lite is small enougth to comfortably fit into your pocket, with a tougth plastic coating. Overall heaps better than the original.

My only complaint is I cant use the highest brightness setting, its too damn bright. , and the Australian DS does not come with a wrist strap.

Will Wii Win?  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: DS Lite...I'm a bit dissapointed...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:43:44 AM »
I take it by "mushy and fragile" you mean "awesome and so much better than the stupid clicky ones on the classic DS!"

Seriously, I respect your opinion, but I for one can't wait to get rid of my silly clicky buttons.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: DS Lite...I'm a bit dissapointed...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:44:44 AM »
Also, we have another DS Lite topic going with more posts... Feel free to repost your opinion there.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram